Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:09 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times

Advertisements

We are still at war. (thought that was suppose to end)
We are still in debt and now even further. (nothing new here)
UnEmployment is even higher (government can't create jobs they have no money anyway)
Bailouts keep coming and going (seems big business and corporations and big government ideas still live in washington no change here)

So what exactly is the change..
Other then Obama and the democrats want to give healthcare to everyone which I also dont understand how they can even propose that.. Where is the money going to come from again?
We are BROKE!!!!
Lets even say the government stole 60% of everyones paycheck seems my bills would be kinda hard to pay. We know how well the government is with our money they steal from us every paycheck clearly they should be trusted with healthcare. If you want an example of why not to give government anything here are some examples. Social Security, Medicare, the war on drugs, the war on terrorism the war on poverty.
Everyone is still on drugs, still in Iraq, social security is broke and I am paying for a generation not even myself and medicare is bankrupt.

Maybe government should take a long hard look at nations who believe government is the solution and start realizing freedom brings people together and grows a nation. Free thinkers and free enterprise grows a nation and gives the individuals of the nation a chance to create something government can't wealth and employment.

Personal freedom
Religious Freedom
and economic freedom

Stay out of my wallet, my faith and my personal life.

Government is only needed to protect those who hurt other individuals and we already have those laws.

IE murder, rape, stealing etc.
Drugs, sex and other victimless "crimes" should be abandoned in washington and freedom should be restored.
If you are on drugs you will be responsbile for your actions while on drugs.
If you say home and dont bother anyone I dont care what you do, once you comit a crime the drugs have nothing to do with problem is the person and they should be punished for the crime.

I dont do drugs I just make it a point because I dont believe the government has any business in it and wastes money.
Has government been able to stop the drugs, NO seems if anyone wants drugs they are easy to get. Maybe the government is corrupt and lets drugs in the country?... hmmm I wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 08:13 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,976,623 times
The illusion of peace and is slung in front of the sheep like a carrot on a stick.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:17 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,946 times
So you were expecting a fix in 5 months? Gee it took Bush and his numb nuts 8 years to mess it up but the new admisnistration should fix it in 5 months. Yeah that sounds logical.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:18 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,982 times
It is all about power and control.

Once the pendulum swings far enough the revolt will occur. It will come from only the strong willed Americans who truly believe in liberty and freedom and are not afriad to take personal responsibility. The remaining are sheep and will just sit there feeling comfy having Government control many aspects of their lives. .

The pendulum is moving and it is picking up momentum.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:45 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
So you were expecting a fix in 5 months? Gee it took Bush and his numb nuts 8 years to mess it up but the new admisnistration should fix it in 5 months. Yeah that sounds logical.
Give me a break meth-head - it was all accomplished on 9-11-01.

Don't you know a miracle when you see one?

Old 06-10-2009, 09:04 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Well for someone who promoted change.. I see more the same. In fact its almost like Obama took Bush's 8 terms and said lets see if we can expand on Bush's Terms. Ususally when you plan on "fixing" something you go in a very different direction and not stay the course. Like no bailouts, bring the troops home not send more and spend more in Iraq.

Of course you missed the whole point because government creates more mess by even trying to fix anything.
Big government means less freedom and economic disasters.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:06 AM

807 posts, read 1,303,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
UnEmployment is even higher (government can't create jobs they have no money anyway)
Bailouts keep coming and going (seems big business and corporations and big government ideas still live in washington no change here)

Other then Obama and the democrats want to give healthcare to everyone which I also dont understand how they can even propose that.. Where is the money going to come from again?
We are BROKE!!!!
Lets even say the government stole 60% of everyones paycheck seems my bills would be kinda hard to pay. We know how well the government is with our money they steal from us every paycheck clearly they should be trusted with healthcare. If you want an example of why not to give government anything here are some examples. Social Security, Medicare, the war on drugs, the war on terrorism the war on poverty.
Everyone is still on drugs, still in Iraq, social security is broke and I am paying for a generation not even myself and medicare is bankrupt.

Maybe government should take a long hard look at nations who believe government is the solution and start realizing freedom brings people together and grows a nation. Free thinkers and free enterprise grows a nation and gives the individuals of the nation a chance to create something government can't wealth and employment.

Personal freedom
Religious Freedom
and economic freedom

Government is only needed to protect those who hurt other individuals and we already have those laws.

Drugs, sex and other victimless "crimes" should be abandoned in washington and freedom should be restored.
If you say home and dont bother anyone I dont care what you do, once you comit a crime the drugs have nothing to do with problem is the person and they should be punished for the crime.

I dont do drugs I just make it a point because I dont believe the government has any business in it and wastes money.
Has government been able to stop the drugs, NO seems if anyone wants drugs they are easy to get. Maybe the government is corrupt and lets drugs in the country?... hmmm I wonder.
Great post.. And I find it funny that the same liberals that were criticizing the Bush Administration loudly and vocally over the past 8 years AND criticized those that were blind apologists for many of Bush's policies have become blind apologists for Obama's policies.. "Change We can believe in".. more like the line from that Who Song.. "Meet the New Boss, Same As the Old Boss"..

Both parties have seemed to have abandoned their principles.. Many Republicans aren't truly conservative and many Democrats aren't truly liberal, OR is it that we get screwed by both.. Republicans give breaks to Corporations that in some cases outsource American jobs (as do Democrats) AND Democrats vote to raise taxes and pass "nanny state" style laws..

None of the politicians answer to "We the People" instead "We the Special Interests".. Regardless of (D) or (R) Period!

Old 06-10-2009, 09:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

We are BROKE!!!!

Personal freedom
Religious Freedom
and economic freedom

Sorry, but in real life, problems cant be solved in a 24-minute time slot.

Just be patient, and while you're waiting maybe try to learn something as to why the Obama Admin is doing what it's doing.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:07 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,880,293 times
not only no better, he's much worse and getting worse by the day.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:08 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Give me a break meth-head - it was all accomplished on 9-11-01.

Don't you know a miracle when you see one?
Yeah riiiiiiight......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies