Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:29 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It might be, but there might be medical necessity for this as well. What if the baby is dead, does the bearer of this fetus then have to carry it to term? What if the baby is severely deformed and the mother is ill equipped for its care? There are plenty of reasons a woman could use, and not all of them are bad. That is why third term abortions are legal.

If the baby is dead in the womb, then removing it would not be considered an abortion as the baby is already dead of natural causes. Regarding the severe deformity argument, I was born with a genetic condition that affected my facial appearances and created health issues. I am so grateful that my biological mother did not abort me although she was ill-equipped to care for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 07:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
If the baby is dead in the womb, then removing it would not be considered an abortion as the baby is already dead of natural causes. Regarding the severe deformity argument, I was born with a genetic condition that affected my facial appearances and created health issues. I am so grateful that my biological mother did not abort me although she was ill-equipped to care for me.
I'm glad you're here, too, msconnie. However, there are fetal deformities such as anencephaly (basically born w/o a higher brain), which brings about death in a few days, things like that, not cosmetic issues or minor health problems.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:05 PM

7,936 posts, read 9,160,764 times
Since most of the argument about Dr. Tiller's clinic centers around whether or not the late term abortions performed were done due to severe abnormalities of the fetus, I wonder if JACHO or some other watchdog agency would have the statistics on the diagnoses that required the abortion? Maybe that would clarify the situation?

Shouldn't anencephaly be discovered in the first few months of life via an ultrasound? Seems strange that for this condition and some of the other ones like spina bifida weren't noticed far earlier in the prgnancy.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:08 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
Okay, 3rd trimester? That's just plain murder.
On top of that the guy is tryting to capitalize on the situation. Seriously how can you look yourself in the mirror each morning. I 'm not necessarily condeming or condoning abortion. Just trying to put myself in the life of a man that kills babies for money EVERY DAY. Sick.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:15 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,047,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
On top of that the guy is tryting to capitalize on the situation. Seriously how can you look yourself in the mirror each morning. I 'm not necessarily condeming or condoning abortion. Just trying to put myself in the life of a man that kills babies for money EVERY DAY. Sick.
Considering the legalities of third trimester abortion where there's very strict requirements for them to be done, I'm sure he looks himself in the mirror quite easily. I would.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Since most of the argument about Dr. Tiller's clinic centers around whether or not the late term abortions performed were done due to severe abnormalities of the fetus, I wonder if JACHO or some other watchdog agency would have the statistics on the diagnoses that required the abortion? Maybe that would clarify the situation?

Shouldn't anencephaly be discovered in the first few months of life via an ultrasound? Seems strange that for this condition and some of the other ones like spina bifida weren't noticed far earlier in the prgnancy.
According to this link, the best case scenario is diagnosis at about 10 weeks. However, it's usually diagnosed in the 2nd trimester.

FAQ about anencephaly

Old 06-10-2009, 09:06 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
I have to stop looking at these abortion threads it's too bone chilling to know these ghouls walk among us.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:11 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I have to stop looking at these abortion threads it's too bone chilling to know these ghouls walk among us.
Good bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
"Baby" Killers WIN!

Woo Hoo this is a great day for the baby killers! More dead babies! More dead babies! Mmm give me some death!

Clearly demented to celebrate third trimester abortion even if you are pro abortion. This society is regressing to when people were like animals.
YUM!!!!!!!!!!

I want more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
The people who what women to die in horrible agony, and who want children with fatal birth defects to be born and live in pain for awhile before death.

And the people who want to interfere with the relationship between a woman and her doctor (but who also cry about "bureaucrat-run health care").
Sad, ain't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I don't lust for the blood of the innocent. I lust for the tears of the conservatives, religious nutcases and Republicans!
Beautiful. I love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Despite what the American Taliban feels about this it is LEGAL and within the law.
IS legal and always WILL BE legal.

[Mod edit]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 06-11-2009 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: response to deleted content

Old 06-10-2009, 09:16 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Iraqi/Afghanistan babies are different as they have little chance of being Christian and are more than likely brown. If we use our tax money to blow them to bits, or simply blow their limbs off, it's perfectly ok because that's what happens when we spread freedom.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I can understand (although not agree with) the pro-choice crowd wanting to keep abortions legal but 3rd trimester abortions? What justification outside of the woman's life being in jeopardy would justify a late-term abortion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Severe fetal deformities.

But I agree....it's a very slippery slope and I don't like late-term abortions at all.

It is funny that they seem to want NO restrictions on third trimester abortion. They really do think a third trimester fetus is a mere "blob of cells" apparently.
Third trimester abortions are extremely rare (.01% of all abortions).

Hopefully, since this is on the Fox News website, even those on the right will take it as a credible source:

FOXNews.com - Fast Facts: U.S. Abortion Statistics - U.S. & World
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies