Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe the holocaust happened?
Yes i believe the official version 71 91.03%
Yes but i do not believe the official version 5 6.41%
No i do not believe it happened. 2 2.56%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:24 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,784,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I think holocaust denial is a crime in Germany and Austria, so there must be some people who deny it, at least over there. I think the President of Iran denied it too.
I am not for outlawing idiots from... well, being idiots. That would be a violation of free speech. But I have often wondered why colleges and universities feel the need to "tolerate" neo Nazis on their teaching staffs while they often fire far left wing professors.

This university fired a leftist professor (Barbra Foley) for being leftist

Academic Freedom

But they still grant full employment to a Neo Nazi Holocaust denying idiot:

Arthur Butz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I only know this because I went to college there for 2 years.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:24 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,226,924 times
Just checked your posting history and have gotten out my trollaway spray.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:27 PM

32 posts, read 19,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post

Bet that was real hard huh? all what 14 posts the majority being here?

Old 06-11-2009, 08:28 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,614,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I miss the time when you could post a picture of the troll holding the spray bottle. That always gave me a chuckle.

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistance View Post
It is not disgusting its called a discussion if you don't want to participate then don't. The truth never minds being questioned.
Questioning this truth is disgusting.

You are trolling for an ally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I am not for outlawing idiots from... well, being idiots. That would be a violation of free speech. But I have often wondered why colleges and universities feel the need to "tolerate" neo Nazis on their teaching staffs while they often fire far left wing professors.

This university fired a leftist professor (Barbra Foley) for being leftist

Academic Freedom

But they still grant full employment to a Neo Nazi Holocaust denying idiot:

Arthur Butz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I only know this because I went to college there for 2 years.
Butz wrote a book on the holocaust actually. Don't know if you know that or not.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Questioning this truth is disgusting.

You are trolling for an ally.

No questioning the truth is not disgusting it is our right to do so. Jeez if people are going to whine like children don't post here! Believe me we won't miss you.

I am curious why is it against the law to question the holocaust since the truth has no problem being questioned? Odd if you ask me.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,614,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistance View Post
No questioning the truth is not disgusting it is our right to do so. Jeez if people are going to whine like children don't post here! Believe me we won't miss you.

I am curious why is it against the law to question the holocaust since the truth has no problem being questioned? Odd if you ask me.
It's not against the law. But why does that question always get asked by a certain group and in such a way as you asked? Why not ask, "Did WWII happen?"; "Is the sky blue?"; "Are people who are holocaust deniers morons?"

Old 06-11-2009, 08:32 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,226,924 times
Excellent comeback, Helenejen.

As to the OP......

Wiping this thread off of the bottom of my shoe and going away now.....

Old 06-11-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
It's not against the law. But why does that question always get asked by a certain group and in such a way as you asked? Why not ask, "Did WWII happen?"; "Is the sky blue?"; "Are people who are holocaust deniers morons?"

Because those questions are not something that people get crazy over and have very interesting opinion on this is. yes it is against the law not here in the u.s but in europe it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.