Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Well, geez, just buy a First-Class seat if it bothers you so much.

I'm training to be a Republican.
Surely you jest ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
They should be charged with an insurance tax since they put everybody on the airplane at risk. Their weight could cause the airplane to flip or not take off. I promise you that has happened.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 PM

Wrong. Anybody that plays politics is a jerk. That is why it is called politics and that is why it has such an awful reputation. Politics = red flag for conniving a-hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Most of the insensitive jerks I've encountered were democrats. Another one of KevK's myths struck down.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:41 PM

A heavy build is never normal. Never. Look at how tiny we are when we are born. We are born skinny not morbidly obese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I forgot sporting events....but a heavy build is normal for some people and some have glandular/hormonal problems.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:32 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Every one of us have been squeezed, especially if we are in a middle seat and one of the other two are even a little over weight. Get over it!!! What about the guy who puts his seat all the way back and sleeps the entire trip and you can't move cause his seat is in your lap? Or the gal who decides her arms should be on both arm rests? Should I go on?

The truth is, the airlines need to make seats bigger anyway. I think a few others have mentioned this. BTW, no I do not weight 250 lbs. and no, I disagree with all those who now want to tax people who are over wieght. How about taxing people who are bolemic (spelling) or what about those who drink over 2 or 3 glasses of wine each night? We could go on and on with this.
Nita
Nita
Give me the seat next to the 95 lbs bolemic person over the fat arse everytime.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:40 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Absolutely and most of them smell horrible due to excesive sweating...sorry I don't want to be mean, but i have sat next to a person like the Op describes on a flight which took 10 hours....it was horrible and next time I complain from the start...I didn't complain since I felt sorry for the person but after sitting there for all these hours you only feel sorry for your self!

Old 09-24-2009, 07:49 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
They should be charged with an insurance tax since they put everybody on the airplane at risk. Their weight could cause the airplane to flip or not take off. I promise you that has happened.
Additionally, if a plane were to crash or need to be evacuated, someone who is morbidly obese could potentially cause those behind him/her to lose their lives as a result of his own inability to move quicky towards the exit.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:06 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Absolutely and most of them smell horrible due to excesive sweating...sorry I don't want to be mean, but i have sat next to a person like the Op describes on a flight which took 10 hours....it was horrible and next time I complain from the start...I didn't complain since I felt sorry for the person but after sitting there for all these hours you only feel sorry for your self!
On a flight from FL to NM I sat next to a man who smelled horrible; he wasn't obese he just smelled horrible - like he'd never used deodorant a day in his life. I propose we also tax people who have body odor.

And bad breath. Have you ever sat next to someone with foul breath and they insist on talking to you but decline every time you offer them a tic tac

Or long hair. I sat next to a teenage girl with long hair and the whole flight she kept flipping it over her shoulder so it kept touching me.

Or too much perfume/cologne.

Or a crying baby.

Or people that pop their gum – I cannot stand that sound.

Or teenagers who have to sing aloud when their listening to their IPods – I didn’t know the flight came with live entertainment.

I think we should charge everybody who makes the plane ride less enjoyable for other people on board regardless of the reason.

Last edited by nat_at772; 09-24-2009 at 08:45 AM..

Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Give me the seat next to the 95 lbs bolemic person over the fat arse everytime.
well, I do agree with that!!! I still can't see how anyone can expect someone to pay for 2 seats if that person weighs X number of lbs. I was giving that as an example. What are the airlines going to do, ask you for your weight when you make a reservation? What happens when you get on the scales, after taking off 1/2 your clothes going through security and you weight 256 lbs but the plane is sold out? Refuse to allow that person to board..

Bentlebee, As for heavy people smelling, boy that is really over the line. In fact that is a horrible statement to make, you talk about a prejudice comment, wow!!!

NIta

Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

Or people that pop their gun – I cannot stand that sound.
Pretty sure they already have a rule for that one.

As for cologne/perfume, exposure to those things can present legitimate health concerns for some people. People need to go easy on that crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies