Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 02:18 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
LOL I guess if you look at it from a sideways point of view.

I know I'd hurt somebody's feelings if they approached me and said "Ma'am you look like you're too fat to sit in one seat. Would you mind stepping on this scale so we can determine if you'll need to purchase an extra seat." I'd most likely end up on the 6 o'clock news "Woman shot in airport after she beat security in the head with scale"

I'm serious. I'm a 300-pound man, so I should be paid twice what a 150-pound man gets because I do twice as much work and because I have to pay so much more for food, for transportation, for space.

Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 02:20 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
IMO, this is a no brainer question.

Tickets are sold by the seat. If a person requires more than one seat to accommodate his/her body mass, then he/she should purchase two tickets for two seats.
I agree with this. When I pay for a seat I don't think I should have to share it with a complete stranger.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:22 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
they should have a size standard. not your weight, but your measurements. that was a bodybuilder with huge shoulders would also have to buy two seats. someone mentioned 250 as a standard (or something) 250 is nothing this day and age in america. it depends on your height...

Old 09-24-2009, 02:22 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
LOL I guess if you look at it from a sideways point of view.
That's why I'm here - to bring a different perspective and to shed light in places where light never ventures.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
The airplane would crash and burn upon take off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Another safety issue....like the plane's maximum, safe to fly, gross weight.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:06 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,770,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
A heavy build is never normal. Never. Look at how tiny we are when we are born. We are born skinny not morbidly obese.
Then why don't we still weigh 5 to 10 lbs. I'm a 6'4" disabled 400 plus lb fatty due to my inability to walk more than a few feet to get enough exersize to maintain a normal weight. Sorry, I chose to have that accident 25 yrs ago so I could be this lazy fat arse later in life. You don't know what you are missing till you get this way on purpose to enjoy all this name calling from such perfect intelligent people that probably are college educated and eat and exersize daily like a good person should.

I would pay for 2 seats if I decide to fly and would pay extra just knowing I would be flying with such highly intelligent people that could preach to me on what I should and should not be eating since thats what my main problem is ayway.

Anyway I will be getting bariatric weight surgery in near future and othe problems worked on so I can become more "normal" but have no plans on flying with the elite and just stay here on the ground with reguler people.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:58 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I am not trying to be mean spirited; smokers etc. have also been singled out by society. However I do feel Business is Business, and as such if someone is say over approximately 250 lbs(literally two of me) than they should have to pay for two seats. After all since I am so small, I do not get a discount. The amount of fuel burned is one of the major cost factors for any mode of transportation, the heavier the "cargo", the harder the engines have to work and consume more fuel.On smaller planes your weight is sometimes checked because the plane is NOT safe to fly over a certain "gross weight". Your opinions?
PITTS lets forget the extra cost of fuel and all the other non sense. Airlines sell seats and if you are that over weight that you need two seats to accommadate you either pay for the seats or don't fly! End of story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies