Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:18 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times

Advertisements

The Hard Sell Obama takes his campaign for health care reform on the road.

This is what Obama does best, he talks to the people via town hall meetings and speeches... Could you picture Bush ever doing anything like that? Him and his wife Laura would be in bed at 8pm...

Obama takes his campaign for health care reform on the road. - By John Dickerson - Slate Magazine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 10:34 PM

914 posts, read 4,445,177 times
Not to mention the fact that Bush refused to speak at public events. All President Bush venues were invite only.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:37 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
It's so refrshing to have an egocentric celebrity for a President.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
And we'll have an even bigger one if Palin becomes President.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:52 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I know, you not use to a President who is a great communicator. Can't say I blame you. I mean let's face it after 8 years of Bush.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I know, you not use to a President who is a great communicator. Can't say I blame you. I mean let's face it after 8 years of Bush.
Yes he is a great convincer. He knows how to rally the people behind him.
Before he's done the rich will be handing him their money out of the goodness of their hearts.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:08 AM

7,931 posts, read 9,154,161 times
I guess that is what happens with bad plans.....you have to go out and sell them to the people. But be assured you won't hear anything about what the plan will cost you, or a cogent argument about the pros and cons of his plan. Rather you'll hear sob stories of people without insurance delivered in a campaign rhetoric style.

Wonder if he'll have a warm up band like during the campaign?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:04 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:

This is what Obama does best, he talks to the people via town hall meetings and speeches... Could you picture Bush ever doing anything like that? Him and his wife Laura would be in bed at 8pm...

Obama takes his campaign for health care reform on the road. - By John Dickerson - Slate Magazine
This is were Obamabots get it REALLY wrong. You hang on Obama's every word. Have you not yet learned that the only way for this administration to get past the reality of his policies is for him to go out and talk and make more promises? Grandiose speeches distracts his flock from the real truth, and then everything is A-OK. I'm amazed that Obamatrons have yet to discover this. Do us logical folk really need to dredge up the countless promises he's made that he cannot live up to, but you continue to fall for?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:

Who would waste their time showing up at one of these things? I cant imagine wasting my time, on purpose, to go to an event to only be lied to my face.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
I'd prefer a president that cant communicate worth a crap, but knows wtf they are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies