Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:53 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

The dems/libs DO NOT want countervailing viewpoints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Exactly! LMAO, so Bushy started it and Obama will continue to abuse it but thats OK because he's OBAMA ! It's not his fault that Bush left him a toy to play with is it? Yep, Change is Coming.
Ok. Tell us. Why is it a good idea to relinquish the power the former President and Vice President Cheney felt was important to have vested in their respective offices?

Quote:
"It is the government's position," the Secret Service wrote last week to msnbc.com in denying access to the visitor logs, "that the vast majority, if not all, of the records ... are not agency records subject to the FOIA. Rather, these records are records governed by the Presidential Records Act" and "remain under the exclusive legal custody and control of the White Office and the Office of the Vice President. After the resolution of this litigation, we will respond further to your request if necessary."
I'm certain you have well thought out and prepared arguments to present......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 01:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I didn't think Bush did anything right. That is why the excuse "well Bush did it" makes Obamatrons look so weak and pitifull. Bush was a terrible president......you really want to compare Obama to a failed president??? Obama is just more of Bush, sadly. Setting the bar so low as to only do things as well as Bush, or slightly better than Bush just makes Obambi look like the affirmative action president he is. How sad.
I'm not offering the excuse of "Well, Bush did it." I didn't offer up a comparison between Bush and Obama. Did I? NO.

I also never offered up posts where I mangled Bush's name as a childish effort to disrespect him. As an American who didn't vote for him I never characterized him as stealing an election, either, because I thought it was disrespectful of my fellow Americans who did vote for him. Just as your characterization of Obama as an affirmative action is disrespectful of the majority of Americans who went to the polls and voted for the person they wanted to lead our country.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Why is it a good idea to relinquish the power the former President and Vice President Cheney felt was important to have vested in their respective offices?
Oh my. Nice spin.

For one, obama campaigned on the alleged accusations that bush was not abiding by the strict letter of the law and abusing the power of the office. The Left as well chimed in about the "abuse of power" exercised by the executive.

Don't remember all that?

So now your position is to keep those policies deemed an "abuse of the law" in place, cause now a democrats in office?

Old 06-16-2009, 02:01 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm not offering the excuse of "Well, Bush did it." I didn't offer up a comparison between Bush and Obama. Did I? NO.

I also never offered up posts where I mangled Bush's name as a childish effort to disrespect him. As an American who didn't vote for him I never characterized him as stealing an election, either, because I thought it was disrespectful of my fellow Americans who did vote for him. Just as your characterization of Obama as an affirmative action is disrespectful of the majority of Americans who went to the polls and voted for the person they wanted to lead our country.
Obambi hasn't given U.S. citizens any reason for us to respect him. He needs to earn respect.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
No?
Let's see it come from the Left in the blogosphere - DKos, MediaMatters and those other left-wing rags that railed against bush for abusing his power.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:06 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Oh my. Nice spin.

For one, obama campaigned on the alleged accusations that bush was not abiding by the strict letter of the law and abusing the power of the office. The Left as well chimed in about the "abuse of power" exercised by the executive.

Don't remember all that?

So now your position is to keep those policies deemed an "abuse of the law" in place, cause now a democrats in office?
lol.

You didn't answer the question.

I don't have a position - I'm laughing at you as you spin yourself dizzy.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
"Change We Can Believe In" is officially dead. The new moniker is "Inexperienced Leadership In Over My Head". As many Bush policies that Obama has fought for and retained makes it all that more believable that Obama had no idea what he was getting into when he proclaimed that he would usher in change. Either he thought he could change Washington politics (ie. ignorance), or he knew he couldn't change it when he said he could (ie. liar). I'm not sure which one i'd want it to be if I were one among his flock that has been fleeced.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"Change We Can Believe In" is officially dead. The new moniker is "Inexperienced Leadership In Over My Head". As many Bush policies that Obama has fought for and retained makes it all that more believable that Obama had no idea what he was getting into when he proclaimed that he would usher in change. Either he thought he could change Washington politics (ie. ignorance), or he knew he couldn't change it when he said he could (ie. liar). I'm not sure which one i'd want to be if I were one among his flock that has been fleeced.
Well said!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 02:18 PM

844 posts, read 2,101,984 times
Quote:
Violating the law as well, right?
What do you expect from a dick tater?!

Old 06-16-2009, 02:22 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obambi hasn't given U.S. citizens any reason for us to respect him. He needs to earn respect.
When I refrain from insulting the leaders I disagree with, it's not about respect for them. It's about respect for myself. It's not about holding them to standards. It's about holding myself to standards.

When people make sweeping generalizations about conservatives based on the most despicable comments made by conservatives, do you want to be one of those who made despicable comments? Or do you want to set higher standards for yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies