Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 08:52 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
It may or may not work out that way...

Did you ever look at the Frontline examination of UHC in other countries??? We should chose the best parts of other systems when we eventually craft our own...

news + public affairs player: video
As i said earlier, this is Americas chance to craft a great UHC by using the best of other UHC's and scrapping the worst parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 08:53 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,846,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
As i said earlier, this is Americas chance to craft a great UHC by using the best of other UHC's and scrapping the worst parts.
that's probably not going to happen. the "man" in the white house has an IQ of 4.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:55 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
It may or may not work out that way...

Did you ever look at the Frontline examination of UHC in other countries??? We should chose the best parts of other systems when we eventually craft our own...

news + public affairs player: video
Good idea

Old 06-20-2009, 08:56 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
In all these discussions and debates the original premise is that everyone has a "right' to healthcare, or everyone "deserves" healthcare.

Is it possible that not "everyone" needs, wants or deserves it?
And why is it that those who do have healthcare, and pay dearly for it, are expected to provide it for those who can't or won't.

Are the ones who have it expected to pay for health problems related to lifestyle?
For instance: A slow witted vegan is riding his bike to the pro-abortion/anti-war/pro-cannabis/anti-WTO rally and is hit by a sustainable fuel burning NY Times delivery truck. Who will be expected to pay for the emotional healing therapy that will be mandated by the health bureau czar?

Too many unanswered questions.
No One has a right to have their house saved from fire but we pay tax to make sure that everyone can get a fire dept to put out our blazing house/ car etc, even if we start the fire with negligence. Health is far more important than your house but hey why should health be as important as your house?

Old 06-20-2009, 08:59 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,520,043 times
Lets just assume we implement UHC, a lot of things have to happen in order for it to succeed.

- doctors have to get on board, what if they refuse?

- there is a difference between being uninsured versus not having access to medical care. any American who has an emergency has access to medical care, they go to the ER. Insurance coverage doesn't matter. UHC doesn't change this?

Old 06-20-2009, 09:00 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,618,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
In all these discussions and debates the original premise is that everyone has a "right' to healthcare, or everyone "deserves" healthcare.

Is it possible that not "everyone" needs, wants or deserves it?
And why is it that those who do have healthcare, and pay dearly for it, are expected to provide it for those who can't or won't.

Are the ones who have it expected to pay for health problems related to lifestyle?
For instance: A slow witted vegan is riding his bike to the pro-abortion/anti-war/pro-cannabis/anti-WTO rally and is hit by a sustainable fuel burning NY Times delivery truck. Who will be expected to pay for the emotional healing therapy that will be mandated by the health bureau czar?

Too many unanswered questions.
Sounds like too much greed and stupidity to me...

Old 06-20-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
You are so right... and that is probably what will happen in the long-run...

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
illegal freeby will disappear. no more ER drive thru.
most illegals get a paycheck just like you they will be garnished for health care.

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,846,286 times
Quote:
Sounds like too much greed and stupidity to me...
I agree. I am tired of the greedy poor and their entitlement disease.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
You haven't made any argument for it. You have said that the American poeple want it, and you use a poll to try to back up that claim. Strangely, you CONTINUE to distort the very poll to which you linked. (Which continuation leads me to conclude that it's intentional.)
85% said they are dissatisfied with the current system. That does not equate to 85% wanting government run health care. 65% said they support government guaranteed insurance. HUGE difference. But you insist that 85% of those polled (and remember, that was a miniscule 895 people, sampled by the NYTimes) want government run health care. Show us, please, ANYTHING to support your assertion that 85% want government run health care.
You are obviously a spin master...

I stated twice that my statement was awkward - and misleading... yet, here you go again!!!

85% say the current system needs to be overhauled.

Almost 60% would be willing to pay higher taxes to insure all...

48% supported a requirement that all Americans have health insurance so long as public subsidies are offered to those who cannot afford it.

There - done picking nits yet??? This is getting tiring and very old..

You are just desperately trying to smear what I say in order to fight an idea (government run health care) that you are opposed to in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies