Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:19 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times

Advertisements

How much research have any of the naysayers on this thread actually put into 9/11? How many of you can honestly say the way the Bush Administration handled the investigation was decisive and honest? How many of you will sit here at your computers and defend the mishandling of evidence, the flights out of the country provided to Bin Laden's family members, the constant roadblocks thrown in the way of the investigative commitee?

I know it is simply to hard to digest for some people that some of our most trusted officials may have had a hand in the biggest terrorist attack ever on American soil. But the fact remains their are so many holes in the official story that you could drive a semi-truck through them. I'm not saying Bush was responsible for 9/11. But I am saying there is far too much evidence to deny the possibility of a conspiracy or at the very least, that the government had prior knowledge of the events that unfolded.

And the fact that so many of you would rather make jokes and make fun of others rather than actually consider and debate the question shows just how well our government's system of propaganda has worked on the populace. How about the fact that our government, instead of allowing the authorities to inspect the building, promptly loaded the remains of the Trades and shipped them to China as scrap metal. Any other crime scene would not have been disturbed until the pros had poured over every inch they could get too. But in this case, that chance was taken. Why would that be? Perhaps because upon inspection authorities would have discovered traces of the secondary explosives that were actually used to bring the buildings so neatly. Or how about the fact that numerous paramedics and firefighters were called down to help with the disaster. Oh, I know there is nothing weird about that. Except for the fact that many were called and had arrived the day before the actual tragedy happened. There are interviews with paramedics in which they stated they had been there since Monday morning. The trades didn't go up until Tuesday.

There really are a lot of unanswered questions about that horrible day in September, questions that likely will never be answered truthfully. And to buy the story you were fed lock, stock, and barrel well, that just seems a bit foolish to me. And the title of the thread is appropriate too, because Bush did lie about a lot of things. The only question is to what extent. And either way, how about we stop baiting and start debating. If you can't discuss the subject, just don't post.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:21 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
How much research have any of the naysayers on this thread actually put into 9/11? How many of you can honestly say the way the Bush Administration handled the investigation was decisive and honest? How many of you will sit here at your computers and defend the mishandling of evidence, the flights out of the country provided to Bin Laden's family members, the constant roadblocks thrown in the way of the investigative commitee?

I know it is simply to hard to digest for some people that some of our most trusted officials may have had a hand in the biggest terrorist attack ever on American soil. But the fact remains their are so many holes in the official story that you could drive a semi-truck through them. I'm not saying Bush was responsible for 9/11. But I am saying there is far too much evidence to deny the possibility of a conspiracy or at the very least, that the government had prior knowledge of the events that unfolded.

And the fact that so many of you would rather make jokes and make fun of others rather than actually consider and debate the question shows just how well our government's system of propaganda has worked on the populace. How about the fact that our government, instead of allowing the authorities to inspect the building, promptly loaded the remains of the Trades and shipped them to China as scrap metal. Any other crime scene would not have been disturbed until the pros had poured over every inch they could get too. But in this case, that chance was taken. Why would that be? Perhaps because upon inspection authorities would have discovered traces of the secondary explosives that were actually used to bring the buildings so neatly. Or how about the fact that numerous paramedics and firefighters were called down to help with the disaster. Oh, I know there is nothing weird about that. Except for the fact that many were called and had arrived the day before the actual tragedy happened. There are interviews with paramedics in which they stated they had been there since Monday morning. The trades didn't go up until Tuesday.

There really are a lot of unanswered questions about that horrible day in September, questions that likely will never be answered truthfully. And to buy the story you were fed lock, stock, and barrel well, that just seems a bit foolish to me. And the title of the thread is appropriate too, because Bush did lie about a lot of things. The only question is to what extent. And either way, how about we stop baiting and start debating. If you can't discuss the subject, just don't post.
Look, just tell me how those people on the doomed planes call loved ones and 911 if those planes didnot hit their targets? I've heard those messages left on answering machines - you can't fake that kind of terror.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The saddest thing about this thread is the neverending rudeness of those on the right. It's like they never graduated from middle school what with the name-calling, the taunting, and the insults. It's like they all belong to a gang someplace and get together in their tree house and point and laugh at the rest of the world.

All I know is I'd rather be asking questions and demanding proof rather than accepting what's being given to me by some institution or government that has NEVER indicated that my welfare is on its radar. Why would anyone accept the truth from an organization that has a history of lying to you, stealing your money, and sending your 18 year olds off to die for no reason? I mean, is your gut reaction not reliable or even consulted?

The pictures that fail to show any part of a crashed plane on the Pentagon lawn loom the largest in my mind. One doubt is all that's needed to unravel a story. If that single reasonable and logical doubt is your idea of "repugnant" (as someone wrote above) then I hope you enjoy your rabbit hole.

The search for the truth is ultimately personal, so why make fun of someone's attempt? Unless you have the truth--rather than hearsay--keep your cruelty in check. One day the world will be laughing at you and then you'll understand.
I have a healthy suspicion of our politicians. I wouldn't trust a damn one of them to watch my dog. But of 9/11 there were so many eye witnesses -- particularily those on the doomed planes that called loved ones and 911 during their ordeal. Were they in on it? Were they all CIA plants?
As to the pentagon bombing -- well, just where did that plane go if not into the pentagon?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
However you seem resistant to anything challenging the govt.'s official conspiracy theory.
How about believing my own eyes? And some common sense when it comes to HOW those planes went into the buildings. They deliberately aimed for outside strut supports. You have a BIG PLANE, fully loaded with jet fuel - do you realize how hot that burned?

How far away was WTC 7 from the towers? Do you think those towers came down in a vacuum? That the collapse wouldn't effect the surrounding buildings?

Let me hear the reason you think WTC 7 collapsed.

Quote:
The pictures that fail to show any part of a crashed plane on the Pentagon lawn loom the largest in my mind.
Ever see the video tape from the security cameras at the site? The plane didn't crash on the lawn, it skidded right into the building.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:42 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
How much research have any of the naysayers on this thread actually put into 9/11?
Actually, quite a bit. I was with the Dept of Defense when it happened, and participated extensively in the "damage control" involved after the plane hit the Pentagon. I had a few really, really long workdays just after 9/11.

Also, one of my project management partners lost a spouse in the Pentagon incident:

Patricia E. (Patty) Mickley | 9/11 Victims | washingtonpost.com

Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
The saddest thing about this thread is the neverending rudeness of those on the right. It's like they never graduated from middle school what with the name-calling, the taunting, and the insults. It's like they all belong to a gang someplace and get together in their tree house and point and laugh at the rest of the world.

All I know is I'd rather be asking questions and demanding proof rather than accepting what's being given to me by some institution or government that has NEVER indicated that my welfare is on its radar. Why would anyone accept the truth from an organization that has a history of lying to you, stealing your money, and sending your 18 year olds off to die for no reason? I mean, is your gut reaction not reliable or even consulted?

The pictures that fail to show any part of a crashed plane on the Pentagon lawn loom the largest in my mind. One doubt is all that's needed to unravel a story. If that single reasonable and logical doubt is your idea of "repugnant" (as someone wrote above) then I hope you enjoy your rabbit hole.

The search for the truth is ultimately personal, so why make fun of someone's attempt? Unless you have the truth--rather than hearsay--keep your cruelty in check. One day the world will be laughing at you and then you'll understand.
Actually, the saddest thing is you would never find any explanation acceptable.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:02 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Actually, the saddest thing is you would never find any explanation acceptable.
What? Another insult? Your assumption is way off base. I want the truth. The truth is the only explanation that's acceptable. Apparently, you don't have such high standards? You'll take the easy road, I guess.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
What? Another insult? Your assumption is way off base. I want the truth. The truth is the only explanation that's acceptable. Apparently, you don't have such high standards? You'll take the easy road, I guess.
Nonsense, give me an example of what you would need to see that would make you comfortable that the official story is true.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Whose truth?

Anything the government say you will apparently disbelieve.

What are your issues with the story?

Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
I just finished reading this thread from beginning to end along with the link from the blog that was provided. My problem from the beginning was would anybody get around to mentioning the other plane. Two planes hit the towers and one the Pentagon. The article on the blog never mentioned the other plane, only AA 11 and AA 77. Where did the other one come from? I saw that one time after time on CNN that day as they ran it over and over.

Now we know that it took two planes hitting the Towers but that article leaves the other one out completely. Many of you mentioned that AA did not change that Wiki story because surely they would have told somebody in the MSM about the change. Whoever did that was in on the anti-government conspiracy and that turned me off completely. I just can't understand those people talking about only two planes and not the third or even the one that crashed in the countryside.

The country is full of Bush haters and was on 9/11. They will never give up. One on this thread even said something about Obama starting an investigation of that day. That is pure Pelosi as Obama has no reason to do that. He has plans of his own and doesn't have to bury Bush or Cheyney or Rumsey or on and on. Lets at least leave our beleagured President out of this. He ain't got time for all this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies