Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 PM

52 posts, read 122,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee62 View Post
Not neccessarily? 10% percent more Whites than Blacks are victims of homicides commited by people of a different race!! Stats show whites are killed by members of their same Race 84% percent of the time While 94% of Blacks are killed by members of the same race!

Shawn Hannity and Pat O'Reilly have said many times on their Radio talk shows the major owner of FOX is an Arab!
That's interesting, but where are your sources to support these claims (excluding the Shawn Hannity Bill O'Reilly not Pat issue)? If it is true blacks are still dying at alarming rates every year due to black on black crime.

To readdress the person who addressed my question above (Wild Berries...), the crime is heinous no doubt, but these types of crimes never usually get a lot of attention on a national scale. The important thing is that the perpetrators were apprehended.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:47 PM

30,324 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Gizmo was responding to LeavingFL about Fox not covering the story. This wasn't his/her response to the story.
Yes, thank you for clarifying... of course I wasn't laughing at the original story, just the suggestion that Fox is "fair and non-biased". As for the original post, I agree with the poster who said it's just the type that's not usually given coverage. I noticed some of you mentioning how much press Anna Nicole got, and wasn't she White?? This doesn't seem to be a race issue, simply a matter of what the media considers "interesting".

P.S. I'm a "her"...

Old 04-16-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
It's the way that it happened!!! She was tortured for 4 DAYS!!! It would have been easier to be shot in the head and end it right there. But, NO they RAPED and TORTURED her for days. This is sick!!!
Of course it's sick, but unfortunately not something that hasn't happened before... and as others have mentioned, White people get more press when we go missing, so it kinda evens out. That's how the media works, whether or not it seems fair - but of course I don't see people outraged about the Black on Black crimes that go un-covered, or the missing non-White children who disappear every day.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
I was being sarcastic.
Thought that was the case, but I really wasn't sure...

Old 04-16-2007, 11:21 PM

Since nobody else was taking on the challenge, I did a little research... Rupert Murdoch is still the owner of Fox media, but sold a share of the company to a Saudi Prince. But according to the sources, he only owns about 5% of the company, so he's hardly the one in charge. But I have to ask, why does it matter if an Arab owns it anyway? I don't watch Fox news to begin with, but I really don't see why this is a huge deal. Or do you just DUCK & COVER any time Bill O'Reilly says the word "A-Rab"??
He's simply a rich man (5th richest in the world!) who invests in companies... not to mention, he's a supporter of the US & supposedly fights for reforms in his country, such as women's rights. Here are some links, if you want to see my sources - disclaimer: I hate citing Wikipedia, but it was the only bio I could find on this guy -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alwaleed_bin_Talal

http://www.newscorp.com/corp_gov/bod.html (the official company that runs Fox)

http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/10/2004/LIR.jhtml?passListId=10&passYear=2004&passListType =Person&uniqueId=0RD0 (broken link)

http://www.newshounds.us/2006/02/24/...b_emirates.php

Old 04-17-2007, 11:04 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,183 times
Default The Wichita Massacre

This massacre was also hidden from us all. After reading about the couple in Tennessee that was savagely beaten, raped, and murdered it reminded me of something that had happened a few years ago in Kansas. I would bet that most of you probably never heard about this one at the time it happened.

Quote:
"The Wichita Massacre"

This article is taken from the August, 2002, issue of American Renaissance, .

On September 9, Reginald Carr and his brother Jonathan go on trial for what has become known as the Wichita Massacre. The two black men are accused of a week-long crime spree that culminated in the quadruple homicide of four young whites in a snowy soccer field in Wichita, Kansas. In all, the Carr brothers robbed, raped or murdered seven people. They face 58 counts each, ranging from first-degree murder, rape, and robbery to animal cruelty. Prosecutors will seek the death penalty.

The only survivor of the massacre is a woman whose identity has been protected, and who is known as H.G. In statements to police and in testimony at an April 2001 preliminary hearing, the 25-year-old school teacher offered horrible details of what happened on the night of Dec. 14, 2000. That evening, a Thursday, H.G. went to spend the night at the home of her boyfriend, Jason Befort. Mr. Befort, 26, a science teacher and coach at Augusta High School, lived in a triplex condo with two college friends: Bradley Heyka, 27, a financial analyst, and Aaron Sander, 29, who had recently decided to study for the priesthood.
Excerpt

Quote:
However, as news of the crimes spread across the Internet, many people began to wonder if the Carrs would be charged with hate crimes. In fact, it does not appear that Mrs. Foulston or police investigators even looked for a possible racial motive. According to the testimony of the April 2001 preliminary hearing, in which prosecutors determined whether they had enough evidence to support charges, Mrs. Foulston never asked H.G. or Andrew Schreiber if the brothers used racial slurs, or expressed hatred of whites.
Excerpt

Story Continues,
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...le.asp?ID=1908

Last edited by Yac; 04-18-2007 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: excerpt shortened, copyright protection.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:27 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $how Me $tate Bred View Post
That's interesting, but where are your sources to support these claims (excluding the Shawn Hannity Bill O'Reilly not Pat issue)? If it is true blacks are still dying at alarming rates every year due to black on black crime.

To readdress the person who addressed my question above (Wild Berries...), the crime is heinous no doubt, but these types of crimes never usually get a lot of attention on a national scale. The important thing is that the perpetrators were apprehended.
What needs to happen is community involvement. Here in Idaho a young girl and her brother were kidnapped by some guy from S. Dakota I believe. He had stalked the home for a few days and then one evening entered the house and beat the mom,boyfriend and oldest brother to death with a baseball bat. Took the children and tormented and raped them this was his full intentions sexual pleasure with young children. After, a few days he finally killed the brother while Shasta watched and poor Shasta spent I believe a month in the woods hidden from everyone being raped and tortured.

Finally he was caught at a restaurant were a waitress recognized Shasta. The community has plastered his face all around the town and asking for the death penalty and are keeping his name in the news and reminding everyone of the brutal day in a quite small town of Idaho.

Yes, they were caught but, their names and faces need to be put out there until judgment day is OVER!!! Citizens can do this and let people know we are not going to just sit by and watch or take the abuse of sick citizens!!

Old 04-18-2007, 11:21 AM

140 posts, read 531,744 times
Chloedog,

I read the article about the Wichita Massacre. I'm almost speechless at the horrific crimes these men committed. I'm even more sorry that they were Black men. As if we don't have enough negative stereotypes to deal with, these f**** morons come along and screw things up completely. It's monsters like the Carr brothers that are part of the reason why Black people are often viewed so negatively. I couldn't help but wondering what kind of childhood these men had, what circumstances brought them to the point where they could consciously commit such horrific acts. There has to be some mental illness in there somewhere. No normal human being could do something like that and be able to live with it. But then, demons come in every color. That's the scary part. Just as God has His people doing wonderful things on earth, the devil has his people too, doing just the opposite. I do hope people will judge them as individuals, not as a race. And if they were white, the entire white races should not be blamed for these individuals' crimes either.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmCutter View Post
Chloedog,

I read the article about the Wichita Massacre. I'm almost speechless at the horrific crimes these men committed. I'm even more sorry that they were Black men. As if we don't have enough negative stereotypes to deal with, these f**** morons come along and screw things up completely. It's monsters like the Carr brothers that are part of the reason why Black people are often viewed so negatively. I couldn't help but wondering what kind of childhood these men had, what circumstances brought them to the point where they could consciously commit such horrific acts. There has to be some mental illness in there somewhere. No normal human being could do something like that and be able to live with it. But then, demons come in every color. That's the scary part. Just as God has His people doing wonderful things on earth, the devil has his people too, doing just the opposite. I do hope people will judge them as individuals, not as a race. And if they were white, the entire white races should not be blamed for these individuals' crimes either.
I really don't think that color should have anything to do with this!! It's the people they were just evil and mostly likey high!! I believe people need to judge the person by his actions not his skin color.
Hopefully, we can get past the color of ones skin and on to people are just people no matter what color and whites can be just as evil!!!

Old 04-18-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Of course it's sick, but unfortunately not something that hasn't happened before... and as others have mentioned, White people get more press when we go missing, so it kinda evens out. That's how the media works, whether or not it seems fair - but of course I don't see people outraged about the Black on Black crimes that go un-covered, or the missing non-White children who disappear every day.
I believe where there are caring people they are outraged and willing to help. When the Asian internet guy from San Francisco was missing in Oregon this winter it was the white people looking for him and he had a lot of missing family coverage around here.
One white pilot knew the area and was searching and found the mans tracks.

Maybe, the media doesn't care but people do. I am sure people would have been just as outraged if it were a black girl. The Black Panthers would already have done something about it if these were white boys.
You sure don't see them speaking out against a crime that angers whites and blacks this draws a further wedge between us. If they cared for their people they would do more then preach hate and violence against white people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies