Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 06:40 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post

Link, please.

9/11 Panel Suspected Deception by Pentagon - washingtonpost.com
Come on, SouthCity09 already stated that in his dreams everything happened just exactly like Fox News told him. He's a good boy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 06:42 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,950,065 times
It does say in the article I linked in orginal thread
The jet, operated by Sunjet Aviation, was originally on a flight from Orlando to Dallas, but strayed off course over northern Florida and continued flying to the northwest until the fuel apparently ran out. The aircraft was seen to depart from controlled flight, and spiral to the ground, and crash.
About 14 minutes after departing Orlando, air traffic controllers were unable to contact the aircraft. A U.S. Air Force F-16 was was vectored toward the aircraft.

Why did they react so fast in that situation, but I believe in 911 the four airliners veered in 90 degree or greater angles out of flight path for over 30 minutes. Why were no fighters scrambled? I understand they can not shoot down airliners, but supposedly no contact was made from the airliners with ground control. Should they have not scrambled the fighter jets to see what was up with them? They did with Payne Stewarts plane, was he that important of a golfer!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 06:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
I love this stuff.

Fighters weren't dispatched 14 minutes into Payne Stewart's flight after they were unable to hail the pilots by radio, unlike the hijack airliners on 9.11, the transponder on Stewart's plane as still activated and it was easy to track.

On 9/11,

8:19 Flight attendant aboard Flight 11 notifies American Airlines by airphone that the flight may have been hijacked.

8:21 The transponder is switched off.

8:34: A third transmission from Flight 11: "Nobody move please. We are going back to the airport. Don't try to make any stupid moves." Boston Center contacts Otis Air National Guard Base at Cape Cod through the FAA's Cape Cod facility, on the hijacking of Flight 11.

8:37:52: Boston Center control notifies NEADS (Northeast Air Defense Sector), the northeast sector of NORAD, of the hijacking of Flight 11, the first notification received by the military at any level that American 11 had been hijacked. The controller requests military help to intercept the jetliner.

8:46: Two F-15 fighter jets are scrambled from Otis Air Force Base in Massachusetts, intended to intercept Flight 11. Because Flight 11's transponder is off, United States Air Force pilots do not know the direction they should fly to meet the jetliner. NEADS spends the next several minutes watching their radar screens in anticipation of Flight 11 returning a radar contact.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:55 PM

With the combination of the civilian and military radar recordings from 9/11, either the transponder or primary radar returns from flights 11 and 175 were recorded for the entirety of those flights, according to documents recently released by the NTSB which show both the complete flight path and the altitude profiles of each flight. It doesn't appear that either plane was missed by primary radar for any significant length of time during the flights. 9-11 Review: UNLIKELY: 'The Bumble Planes Theory'

Old 06-24-2009, 06:57 PM

Your telling me our military could not track hostile military planes that enter our airspace. You think they have their transponders on, LOL!!!!!

Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
Your telling me our military could not track hostile military planes that enter our airspace. You think they have their transponders on, LOL!!!!!
Excellent point!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:08 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,052 times
As you can see OP, most people don't want to touch on this issue. On one hand people complain that the Government is incompetent and full of lies however, when it comes to this, they accept for face value the final reports put out by the Government

With that said, the American people will never hear from our Government the REAL TRUTH behind this, because sometimes the Truth is hard pill to swallow. Quite frankly, I don't think the average American REALLY REALLY wants to know the truth, firsthand. It's probably better if they continue to just read and/or hear what has been labeled as "conspiracy theories" so that they can sleep at night

Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times
Per the idea that the AF shot down the commercial jets, this is as laughable as the TWA jet being shot down over Long Island. That is unless you think that the US Navy and Air Force operate in the following way;

Their air-to-air missles (AIM 7s by now I think) are not under any sort of lock and key, just lying around so a pilot or weapons officer can grab one, throw it on the missle rails and go flying off with it.

That they have no "division of labor", that the guy that flies the plane guards the weapons, can load them onto the weapons hauler, would have much of an idea how to lock it on, could fire it and then go back and say; "it fell off in flight".

Back in my AF days (we weren't flying Pteredactals, but not far from it) the AIM 4s weighed enough that I think 4 or 5 techs could manually load it onto the plane, although there were lifting devices used in "normal circumstances. I've known some moderately incompetent supply officers and NCOs, but generally they weren't in charge of expensive missles or even hanging around close to multi-million dollar equipment like fighters.

Weapons storage facilities, at least for nuclear/biological/chemical weapons were always "no lone zone" meaning that no one was ever alone. In fact I think our missle shed was as well.

Pretty easily about 25 or more people involved in getting the weapon onto the plane and firing it. No way can that many keep a secret. Heck Watergate was 5 very loyal Nixonistas and they couldn't keep a secret.

golfgod

Old 06-24-2009, 08:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
The good thing about conspiracy theories like this is that they bring Americans of all political persuasions together to say: "This is nuts."

Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,628,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Fighter jets were scrambled..

end of thread, good night
And, if they had not been scrambled, you just say, uhhhh..... more government incompetence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies