Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Jadex said, "Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes,"

I wonder how many people realize that to most taxpayers payroll taxes are what is withheld from their wages and are the same thing as income taxes.

As for capital gains, how many realize what all these taxes are paid on? I think very few. I know an old man, who is certainly old since he is older than I am, whose son told him to sell all that CRP grassland to bird hunters who will give him up to $2000 per acre. The old man said do you realize how my capital gains tax would eat me up. He says he paid $150 for that land many, many years ago and a profit of $1850 would result in the federal government getting nearly all of his profit. On top of that, they would charge him income taxes on what he got.

Talk about taxation without representation and ignore the fact that Obama just never could want to get rid of capital gains. He wanted to increase them by nearly 100% to get the rate back to Clinton days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 12:23 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Nobody is defending Obama on the taxes - so far. These posts are simply pointing out the word games.
Yes I know that

5,562 posts, read 5,681,631 times
Why not just take 100% of everything I own and we can all turn over our lives, transportation, our money and our homes to the government. I see nothing wrong in giving up my liberty for the security of Obama, congress and our government. They know what is best for me, I'm too stupid to run my life, my money and keep my planet clean. I also would like them run our TV, entertainment and anything that might impact my life and let me make a personal decision. All Businesses will be shutdown, all services will be come government services. I will have no responsiblities, I think working might interfere with my mental health and physical health and in order to keep costs low for a our new national healthcare plan I will just stay home. Lets tax me to breathe, to drink, to eat, to even be born so that government may become the GOD we have trusted it to be.

F YOU

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
There was already a tax on cigg just because he put a tax for something else on them doesnt mean they werent already taxed.

I already pay a tax on my soda also
I already pay taxes on my elec bill
What dont I pay taxes on is more like it
Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes...you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime."

You will not see any of your taxes increase
If he's adding a new tax on top of an existing tax for a different reason then that original tax did not go up. Details jadex, details.

Technically your current tax on those items did not rise; an additional new tax was added or will be added.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:29 PM

24,397 posts, read 23,053,611 times
Obama's the quintessential used car salesman that tells you to "hurry up and sign on the dotted line" before you miss this once in a lifetime chance at a bargain vehicle. Don't read the fine print, just trust him. Unfortunately, at least with a fly by night used car salesman there's a good chance he'll pack up and be gone soon.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:04 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,672,657 times
Before this is all over with we'll be signing over our paychecks to the government. With income tax increases, sales tax, property tax, capital gains tax, cap and rape tax, gas tax, soda tax, health care taxes, VAT etc. and then you combine that with huge inflation due to printing so much money and being so far in debt, we wont have anything to live on anymore. henry waxman and nancy pelosi will be running and controlling our lives.

I don't know about you all, but it's time to fight back and fight hard. I'm not going to be living under a communist regime. If the tyrants aren't tossed out in 2010, I'll be leaving the country.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:14 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,622,441 times
Not only are increases in taxes coming, but increases in percentage of income paid to the IRS based on how much you earn. Back in the 50's I recall Joan Crawford turning down $25,000 to appear on television (that was an enormous amount of money back then), she turned it down because it would have put her into a different tax bracket and cost her far more than the $25,000. In effect, this type of taxation appeals to the poor (where the votes are?) but severely hurts the economy.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Ronnie Raygun!
Make sure you never scold anyone for saying Nobama, Hussein or any other of your most disliked pet names. Thanks.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Why not just take 100% of everything I own and we can all turn over our lives, transportation, our money and our homes to the government. I see nothing wrong in giving up my liberty for the security of Obama, congress and our government. They know what is best for me, I'm too stupid to run my life, my money and keep my planet clean. I also would like them run our TV, entertainment and anything that might impact my life and let me make a personal decision. All Businesses will be shutdown, all services will be come government services. I will have no responsibilities, I think working might interfere with my mental health and physical health and in order to keep costs low for a our new national health care plan I will just stay home. Lets tax me to breathe, to drink, to eat, to even be born so that government may become the GOD we have trusted it to be.

F YOU
Quote:
What you have when everyone wears the same playclothes for all occasions, is addressad by nickname, expected to participate in Show And Tell, and bullied out of any desire form privacy, is not democracy; it is kindergarten.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:59 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,170 times
This is EXACTLY what the tea parties are supposed to be about.

Get out there and show your support of limited government and less taxation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies