Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 06:03 PM

504 posts, read 902,444 times

Advertisements

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

Thomas Jefferson Quotes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 06:10 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker2012 View Post
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

Thomas Jefferson Quotes
So a gang member with a gun is preferable to a kid playing basketball.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
So a gang member with a gun is preferable to a kid playing basketball.
If the world was armed, then the kids can play basketball in peace!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:39 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
I still think balls are better than guns.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Ahh the good old days!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:41 PM

471 posts, read 587,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
that was very clever. I'm sure I disagree to some extent, but VERY clever. +1 for you

Old 04-21-2009, 06:42 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,644 times
Quote:
Right! I still don't get it.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,858 times
To Missi75:

Gang members already have guns or other weapons. If you were about to lose your life to a homicidal gang member (maybe they decide to whack you as part of a new member's gang initiation), what will you do, cry and **** your pants?

An armed society is a polite society, and gang members might choose new careers or have new careers chosen for them the next time they go up to a would be victim and get shot. Gang members prefer unarmed victims you know. Ever heard the saying dead men tell no tales? For a gang member, a good witness is a dead witness.
So, feel free to lose your life to a gang member. Here in the US, it is a constitutional and individual right to carry a gun and to defend yourself with deadly force when an attacker initiates deadly force against you.

Cheers.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
"Gang members prefer unarmed victims you know."

Now I didn't know that, of course that would go a long way to explain that most gang violence is one gang vs another, be they Crips vs, Bloods, Gambinos vs Costellos, or the Pagans vs. the Hell's Angels. You pick the one that you think is unarmed.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:04 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Come on, Ted Nugent, you're smarter than that. If the world was all armed we would have people shooting each other over petty arguments. Irate teenage girls would break into a bedroom where their boyfriend is screwing some other chick and blowing both their heads off.

That gun isn't much deterrant when its in his pants on the floor....

Anyway, I lived in the gang-infested inner city and was contemplating just getting a huge knife to protect myself. My friend from "the streets" said, "You better know what you're capable of doing with that. You better be willing to kill someone if you're going to pull that because the minute you do you've escalated the conflict and they're coming after you."

Another great Thomas Jefferson quote:

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the common law."

I wish every person who has bought the modern propaganda focused on rewriting history to say that our country was somehow founded as a Christian nation would read that quote 100 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies