Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:12 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,500,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrace View Post
Glen Beck the notorious lying sack of dog mess ......good luck!!. Read the book but check that video out also.

YouTube - Glenn Beck Gets Punked On The View

Wow, he was punked by a collection of menopausal talking heads, he must feel awful...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 06:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Hmmmm... this particular poster listed his/her location as "Who voted for this Spender in Chief?" and then goes on to list DICK MORRIS as someone whose opinion is worth anything more than the toilet paper I just used.

Yeah.... this is Glenn Beck's target audience. No wonder they see it as common sense. They already agree with Beck.

Everyone else sees through him as the fear-mongering propagandizing populist he is. Though, Bill O'Reilly had to explain to him what a populist is. He honestly had no clue.
"Everyone else"? Are you sure? Where is your data on that? Or, are you just making that up, as I suspect?

Quote:
He plays on the emotions of a certain audience looking for someone to throw their thoughts back at them (and then call them "common sense") in much the way Olbermann does for the left. Both are easily dismissed when given any serious consideration.

The core problem with Glenn Beck is he seems outraged at the direction the country is going, yet it was his very ideology that got us in this mess for the past 8 years. Now he's indignant that his country is off track?!? No, it's just doing what needs to be done to get back on track.
You'll have to explain that one. It was "his ideology" that got us into this mess?" No. It was Liberals. Not "the last 8 years (a reference to G.W. Bush — you people just can't let go, can you, so intense is your hatred). Liberalism, got us into this mess.

Who's idea was the CRA? Democrats. Who expanded it? Bill Clinton. Resulted in the housing crisis/scandal. People getting mortgages who couldn't afford to pay.

Get your head out of the sand. Your are a Democrat apologist. They can do nothing wrong, is that right? But it is largely the Democrats, that have brought us to where we are today.

Need proof? What has Obama done but to further this failed ideology? Now we are 100 times (or more) worse off than at the end of 2008. Spend, spend, spend. Tax, tax, and tax some more. Is that the recipe for recovery? No, it is not, as we have clearly seen.

Get real. You haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 02-23-2010 at 06:38 PM..

Old 02-23-2010, 06:30 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,491,159 times
Quote:
If you want intelligent right-wing perspectives, I would recommend O'Reilly. He truly thinks for himself, even if he does have anger management issues (but no one's perfect!).
If you want intelligent right-wing perspectives, turn off the television set and find a book by Thomas Sowell or Russell Kirk.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:33 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,336,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar77 View Post
He looks like a grown up Ralphy from Christmas Story. I like to listen to him, but he can be passionate about his opinions.
Yeah, I saw him cry once.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,781,849 times
I have had the opportunity to talk and meet Beck a few times all were for more than just a short talk. I can say he believes and cares about the country more than anyone I know. Listen to what he says and pay not the entertainment that he uses to make people tune in.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:24 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,980,108 times
Glenn Beck is such a fear mongering clown...he manipulates people who are already edgy and easily stirred about politics...one minute he's talking about everyone else who is a maniacal fanatic and the next moment he's blubbering into the camera about how much he loves his country (ie. His political cause)...One minute he's trying to instigate unrest toward "Big Govt"...and the next minute he's trying to explain to people and convince them why the same "Big Govt" is justified in bailing out big business..

I found it funny how he used his experience working at his father's little bakery to imply that he is a self made man, and then casually parlayed that into rationalizing how no one should receive govt assistance....in other words, he relied on nepotism from within his family to gain valuable work experience...lol...self made my ass...

I used to like the guy a little until I realized that he just swayed with the wind and played on whichever sentiment was coursing the strongest through the people.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Glenn Beck is such a fear mongering clown...he manipulates people who are already edgy and easily stirred about politics...one minute he's talking about everyone else who is a maniacal fanatic and the next moment he's blubbering into the camera about how much he loves his country (ie. His political cause)...One minute he's trying to instigate unrest toward "Big Govt"...and the next minute he's trying to explain to people and convince them why the same "Big Govt" is justified in bailing out big business..

I found it funny how he used his experience working at his father's little bakery to imply that he is a self made man, and then casually parlayed that into rationalizing how no one should receive govt assistance....in other words, he relied on nepotism from within his family to gain valuable work experience...lol...self made my ass...

I used to like the guy a little until I realized that he just swayed with the wind and played on whichever sentiment was coursing the strongest through the people.
Fear is the basis for the lion's share of the news / commentaries we see / hear. It is a great way to incite and to control. Left or right. It does not matter.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yeah, I saw him cry once.
I can see it now...Glenn's mommy says, "You'll shoot your eye out." And little Glenn says, "Yes and it's my constitutional right to do so."

Old 02-26-2010, 02:26 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,491,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Fear is the basis for the lion's share of the news / commentaries we see / hear. It is a great way to incite and to control. Left or right. It does not matter.
That's very true. It's a short step from telling people what horrific danger they are in to selling yourself as the solution.

Religions have been doing that for centuries. In modern times, the same racket has been muscled in on by ambulance chasers and mountebanks in politics and the media.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:51 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,552,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Originally Posted by SeattleWA
Glen Beck is an extreme right wing nut.

Jadex wrote;

Possibly not nuts, I'm not a shrink, but he's definitely a liar. Or has he stopped flogging the "FEMA concentration camps" story? I recall once on his radio show he brought up "back in December '92, when Bill Clinton was President" (I remember that, that was the time we had the inauguration two weeks after the election), and who can forget his "Obama is the first President to not take the oath on a Bible"?

Of course the "best" (cough, cough) lines to ever come out of Beck's mouth are;

"I firmly believe every word that I say on my radio and TV shows", followed by; "If you take what I say as gospel, you are an idiot".

To both comments I can only say, right-on, righties.

golfgod
Actually, Beck did a 2-part show where he did nothing but de-bunk the FEMA Concentration Camp urban legend.

Are the books mentioned in the OP a good read?
I haven't had the opportunity, personally.
I'm a King reader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies