Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,304,197 times

Advertisements

I just found this little article as I was about to go to bed. I thought that some here would like reading it although few Palin haters and Obama worshipers will like it. Too much truth when the writer says that all the sources Purdum says he had aren't named but this fellow has the names of other McCain staffers who say this is garbage and that Purdum has no sources listed. I guess when you are taking part in a possible lie you don't want your name reported. Try this link to see something not purely Palin-hating.

Sarah Palin: An "unholy amalgam"? - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl420 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 11:37 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,285,737 times
Yahoo News is totally right-wing.

The Vanity Fair "hit piece" on Palin merely exposed her for the sociopathic fraud that she is.

The only reason she's so popular with the old white guys on the right is that they can't stop fantasizing about her.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:05 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,594,164 times
A great piece. I agree that narcissistic personality disorder fits her perfectly.
The grandiosity, the lack of empathy, the shallow emotions.
It's startling when you finally see it.
I saw it during the Vice Presidential debates, when Biden described losing his family in a car accident... and Palin, so intent on parroting whatever her next line was, brusquely and without the slightest emotion cut him off and started droning about oil or some such crap.
I mean, something is so wrong with her that she can't even pretend to be human.
It's not that I actually expect her to care that Biden's wife and child died.
It's just that what human beings do, when somebody tells them- with tears in their eyes- about the death of their wife and child in a tragic accident, is pause for a moment. And then possibly offer some sort of condolence. But even if they don't say anything, they still pause, and their facial expression indicates something other than smug, amused, self-righteous aggression.

That was an "ah-ha!" moment for me.
It was like there was some sort of weird reptile, some snake or lizard, living behind Palin's eyes. Not human, and not capable of empathy or any other ordinary human emotion.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:39 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,919,334 times
I was undecided as to who I would vote for but I was leaning toward McCain. When he picked Palin, I had no idea who or what she was. I did an extensive 'net search on the woman. Her cronyism, vindictiveness, lies, poor decision making as Mayor of Wasilla and total disregard for her unborn child (traveling thousands of miles in labor) made me an Obama supporter. What came later during the campaign only enforced my decision.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,304,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I was undecided as to who I would vote for but I was leaning toward McCain. When he picked Palin, I had no idea who or what she was. I did an extensive 'net search on the woman. Her cronyism, vindictiveness, lies, poor decision making as Mayor of Wasilla and total disregard for her unborn child (traveling thousands of miles in labor) made me an Obama supporter. What came later during the campaign only enforced my decision.
I see you did your search on left handed sites. Right?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see you did your search on left handed sites. Right?
No, you are wrong. I read EVERYTHING that was available on line about the woman. I bet you didn't read a thing about her pre-August 2008.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:11 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,951,261 times
Default Why Does She Threaten You?

The Palin Smear Continues. It's always anonymous sources. I bet by intimidated women. Chicks are so caddy.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
The Palin Smear Continues. It's always anonymous sources. I bet by intimidated women. Chicks are so caddy.
From the article (7 men and 1 woman),
Quote:
Onetime supporters have become harsh critics. Walter Hickel, 89, a former two-term governor and interior secretary, and the grand old man of Alaska politics, who was co-chair of Palin’s winning gubernatorial campaign, in 2006, now washes his hands of her. He told me simply, “I don’t give a damn what she does.”
Quote:
“Remember,” says Lyda Green, a former Republican state senator who once represented Palin’s home district, and who over the years went from being a supporter of Palin’s to a bitter foe, “her nickname in high school was ‘Barracuda.’ I was never called Barracuda. Were you? There’s a certain instinct there that you go for the jugular.”
Quote:
“I helped her out, she got elected,” Hickel now. “She never called me once in her life after that.”
Quote:
Andrew Halcro later remembered that he and Palin once compared notes about their many encounters, and she said, “Andrew, I watch you at these debates with no notes, no papers, and yet when asked questions, you spout off facts, figures, and policies, and I’m amazed. But then I look out into the audience and I ask myself, Does any of this really matter?”
Quote:
...Lyda Green, then the president of the state senate, returned to her office to catch up on some paperwork. She caught Palin on the news. “And she comes on TV and says, ‘I want to once again confirm that neither I nor my staff ever holds closed-door meetings.’ Well, we had just been in a closed-door meeting for an hour and a half!”
Les Gara>>
Quote:
“She didn’t work very hard. You would speak to her on particular issues, and it was like she didn’t know anything about them and she never seemed very engaged.” That said, “if your priorities happened to be her priorities, you could build a coalition.”
Quote:
Only weeks after Palin praised John Bitney for doing so much to make her first legislative session a success, she summarily fired him—because, he says, he had had the bad luck to fall in love with the wife of one of the Palins’ best friends (a woman he has since married).
Quote:
...Persily told me, “Everyone in the room left thinking she’d said no. Then her staff said, ‘She didn’t say no. She just didn’t say yes.”’ Palin wound up taking all but about 3 percent of the $900 million available to Alaska.
Quote:
Gregg Erickson, an independent economic consultant in Juneau, concludes, “Everything she’s doing seems to be saying that there’ll be a problem in the future owing to her inattention, but she won’t be here to deal with it.”
Quote:
McCain went on, “There’s a lot of good people out there, and I’ve left out somebody’s name and I’m going to hear about it.”
Quote:
When I ask Bitney what he makes of the whole Palin phenomenon, he sighs. “What do I take away from this?” he asks. “Oh, I don’t know. I don’t know. It’s just a lot of emotions and stuff. I find it’s frustrating dealing with Sarah, because it seems we’re always dealing with emotional crap and we never seem to be able to focus on the business at hand that needs to be done. I don’t know whether to blame her or pity her for all this emotional upheaval that we’re always going through with her.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:43 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,148,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Just 3 weeks before the election, John McCain's OWN TEAM didn't think Palin was ready to be EVEN Vice President, and yet Republicans continue hoping she will run for President herself in 2012.

Sarah Palin trashed by members of John McCain's campaign team in Vanity Fair

This says a lot about the desperation of the Republican Party.

They are willing to shove just about anyone into the White House, regardless of their qualifications or ability to do the job.

As long as they brand themselves as a "Republican" .... that's good enough for them !!!

They have no clue what their doing whatsoever ...

Old 07-02-2009, 01:31 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,213,960 times
Palin has so much dirt/baggage/controversy that she might as well check out before she even begins campaigning... Wait, she's campaigning already right...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies