Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:22 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Right now, I feel like three and a half years will not be enough for him to accomplish much and it seems like his efforts to "fix" the economy may not be working after all, at least not quickly enough. I feel like the next three and half years will fly by with the way the economy is, and people will either give him another four years or look for something totally different. What is your prediction?
His re-election is pretty much in his hands. With huge majorities in the House and Senate, voters are not going to accept excuses for lack of performance on the part of the Democrats. They can either act like a party and walk together- as the Republicans did when they had majorities- or they can fight and accomplish nothing as they did when Jimmy Carter was there. And we all know what happened after 4 years of that. I don't think Obama will allow that to happen but he may have to twist arms and issue private threats because I do not think either Pelosi or Reid are effective at discipline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 07:18 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Right now, I feel like three and a half years will not be enough for him to accomplish much and it seems like his efforts to "fix" the economy may not be working after all, at least not quickly enough. I feel like the next three and half years will fly by with the way the economy is, and people will either give him another four years or look for something totally different. What is your prediction?
Oh..I disagree..I think 3.5 years is plenty of time for him to destroy this Country, And even take a vacation in Martha's Vineyard each year. And of course don't forget date night. And holidays.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:20 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,524 times
This will largely depend on the economy. If unemployment drops and the market is doing okay, he will be re-elected. If not, he won't. It's too early at this point to make those predictions.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:24 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
barry made sure to destroy the economy with spending so the people would feel they had no choice but to give him another 4 years. bush did the same thing in a way. he used his 9-11 resume to scare the people into voting for him. obama has been using fear mongering since he started his run, so I can only see it getting worse. however, if the republicans can get anyone good in there, obama will be destroyed. the obama experiment has been a total failure. he has done absolutely nothing since he got into office except waste money. what a sad sad pathetic excuse for a human.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:34 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,993,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Why? are you gonna be the man to do it??
Hah. Well, some people call me crazy but..
I think it would take that special, dedicated, kind of nut to accomplish that. The secret service don't play around though. They all quit grade school just because they had recess.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:46 AM

61 posts, read 140,094 times
The anti-Obama voices are being heard loud and clear but it seems those doing most of the shouting are long term Republicans who believe Fox News is fair and balanced and who have a vested interest in seeing the current administration fail.

As an Independant who has voted both Republican and Democrat in recent elections I believe those of us who were not in the anti-Obama camp prior to the election will support his plans and hope he is successful in steering our country through this current crisis.

In answer to the original question.. I intend to vote for him again in 2012 and believe he will be re-elected.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:21 PM

493 posts, read 665,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Americans are such children. If Daddy doesn't fix things immediately, they throw a tantrum. Americans have both the arrogance and patience of 12-year-olds. The vast majority know nothing about economics or governing or the legislative process, yet they have no problem spouting off about any of them, in support of their own ideological biases. And when things don't happen the way they want them to happen--yesterday--they pitch a fit. Pathetic.
Overall, yes.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:23 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
Overall, yes.
I agree. that was a great description of a liberal.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:25 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
It's impossible to tell so far if Obama will be re-elected or not.

It's still far, far too early in his Presidency to make that kind of statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies