Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:10 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times

Advertisements

Richard Gere, one of the most far left people in Hollywood (he is almost as far left as Susan Serandon, George Clooney, and Donald Sutherland) was attacked in India for disrespecting their culture.

Now you would think Gere, a rich elitist Liberal would be more "politically correct" with someone else's culture. After all, Gere PREACHES Political correctness, he just doesn't do it.

Typical liberal. Do what I SAY, not what I do! Here is the story:

Protestors in India Burn Gere Effigies

Monday, April 16, 2007

By SAM DOLNICK, Associated Press Writer

NEW DELHI — Angry crowds in several Indian cities burned effigies of Richard Gere on Monday after he swept a popular Bollywood actress into his arms and kissed her several times during an AIDS-awareness event.

Photographs of the 57-year-old actor embracing Shilpa Shetty and kissing her on the cheek at an HIV/AIDS awareness event in New Delhi were splashed across Monday's front pages in India _ a country where sex and public displays of affection are largely taboo.

In Mumbai, members of the Hindu nationalist group Shiv Sena beat burning effigies of Gere with sticks and set fire to glamorous shots of Shetty.

Similar protests broke out in other cities, including Varanasi, Hinduism's holiest city, and in the northern town of Meerut, where crowds chanted "Down with Shilpa Shetty!"

The two appeared at a press conference in New Delhi on Sunday to highlight the HIV/AIDS epidemic among India's truck drivers. In front of a cheering crowd, Gere kissed the giggling Shetty on the hand, then kissed her on both cheeks before bending her in a full embrace to kiss her cheek again.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Apr16/0,4670,PeopleGereKissProtests,00.html (broken link)

Gere KNOWS how to **** people off....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 02:17 PM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
My guess is that's he's a Wiccan satanist.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:18 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
You know that it came from foxnews, so it probably never happen. (sarcasm alert)

Old 04-18-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You know that it came from foxnews, so it probably never happen. (sarcasm alert)
According to Nirvana-Guy, all those Indians are satanists, by default. They're Hindus, so they worship Satan and they don't even know it.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:32 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times
LOL!! Sorry guys, but this thread has tickled my funny bone...and I need a laugh right now! Poor ol' Richard Gere...he's pretty much a candidate for a special school, isn't he?? Heheheheh....

Old 04-18-2007, 03:28 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,939,753 times
Angry Shame on you LeavingFlorida05

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
According to Nirvana-Guy, all those Indians are satanists, by default. They're Hindus, so they worship Satan and they don't even know it.
Oh my god! Worshiping satan? Have you been snorting the inscence while it was smoldering? Hindus are peaceful people. Can't say much about you and your belief. You sit there typing hateful stuff about a religion and culture that has not done one ounce of hurt to our culture and religion. So, they burn an effigy of Richard Gere? So, you judge the religion as satanic? Shame on you...SHAME ON YOU!!!! How dare you judge! BLASPHEMOR!

Old 04-18-2007, 03:30 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
My guess is that's he's a Wiccan satanist.
I heard the same thing...

Old 04-18-2007, 03:32 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
My husband hates him, so it doesnt surprise him at all.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:35 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,939,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
I heard the same thing...
DUh he's a buddhist.... not a good one. But get the religions right. How inept!

Old 04-18-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Oh my god! Worshiping satan? Have you been snorting the inscence while it was smoldering? Hindus are peaceful people. Can't say much about you and your belief. You sit there typing hateful stuff about a religion and culture that has not done one ounce of hurt to our culture and religion. So, they burn an effigy of Richard Gere? So, you judge the religion as satanic? Shame on you...SHAME ON YOU!!!! How dare you judge! BLASPHEMOR!
I'm not sure if you were sarcastic or not...but my post was a joke, poking fun at Nirvana-Guy and his religious extremist posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies