Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:34 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Any and all criticism of those two are is well-founded.
What do you think about the Bush bashing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 11:37 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
We're still swimming in his administration's mess, so I could care less. Hell the righties on this board (and in my real life) still whine about Carter and Clinton, so the "statute of limitations" on this one is far from over.
Every president whose administration failed (including Johnson, Nixon, Carter, and to a degree, Clinton) deserves criticism from any thoughtful person. This is not whining. It's the perspective of history.

Time needs to pass before valid comparisons can be made with past administrations. Bashing the recently-ended Bush crowd may satisfy some sort of revenge fantasy, but it hardly qualifies as containing valid historical perspective.

I would further suggest to my left-wing frends that they refrain from tastelessly identifying Mr. Bush with Adolph Hitler. Such tactics mark them as simply ignorant and hateful -- both, ironically, characteristics that they ascribe to those who disagree with them, politically...

Old 07-11-2009, 11:37 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
We are still trying to dig out of his mess. I suspect bashing Bush will be olitically potent for a long time. It took nearly twenty years for the Carter Bashing from the right to no longer carry any weight on current situation.
Oh I think Mr Obama is about to take over as abashed potentate very quickly now.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:39 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Oh I think Mr Obama is about to take over as abashed potentate very quickly now.
I'm sure you do..... Too bad you're not a fortune teller.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:46 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Every president whose administration failed (including Johnson, Nixon, Carter, and to a degree, Clinton) deserves criticism from any thoughtful person. This is not whining. It's the perspective of history.

Time needs to pass before valid comparisons can be made with past administrations. Bashing the recently-ended Bush crowd may satisfy some sort of revenge fantasy, but it hardly qualifies as containing valid historical perspective.

I would further suggest to my left-wing frends that they refrain from tastelessly identifying Mr. Bush with Adolph Hitler. Such tactics mark them as simply ignorant and hateful -- both, ironically, characteristics that they ascribe to those who disagree with them, politically...
I've never compared him to Hitler. That's absurd. Though I have seen a lot of comparison of Obama to Hitler, Stalin, Marx, Mao, Lenin, etc., ad nauseum, in the past few months... Do you give equal criticism to those who make those absurd comparisons?

No "revenge fantasy" about it for me - he was a bad president with a bad administration. The only "fantasy" is yours, that "revenge" is the sole reason people criticize Bush. Where did you learn to read millions of peoples' minds simultaneously? That's a neat trick.

I wholly disagree that we have to wait some undetermined amount of time before we can criticize Bush. That's ridiculous and simply a weak attempt to divert attention from what was probably the worst administration since Nixon, though Johnson wasn't much better.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:01 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
I don't think of it as Bush bashing. It's more like 'Meet the new boss... same as the old boss' or 'The Guantanamo Hussle'

Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 AM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I'm sure you do..... Too bad you're not a fortune teller.
What makes you think I'm not. I prefer politically clairvoyant. That last one was easy though. Didn't even have to break out the tea leaves

Old 07-12-2009, 12:23 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
"Tonight, Virginia, we move into the general election where there's a stark choice: of whether Virginia continues to move forward in the tradition of Mark Warner and Tim Kaine or whether we move backwards with the disastrous economic and social agenda of [GOP gubernatorial nominee] Bob McDonnell and George W. Bush."Read more: Bashing George W. Bush still politically potent - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com
We should get every drop of mileage out of GW Bush's legacy of miserable and abject failure. Of course, leave it to the Democrats to screw it all up and somehow manage to throw away that kind of leverage. Democrats win in spite of themselves. But if they're smarter these days, and they seem to be a little smarter than before, they will keep using Bush to paint all Republicans with a broad paint stroke. And it will work. Because not only was Bush THAT bad, but the Republican party mortgaged its future (at least in the short term) on that fool.

Now the Republicans have to sort out their own in-fighting before they can think about the next candidate to put up there only to be taken down as a "Bush Republican".

Old 07-12-2009, 12:57 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Any and all criticism of those two are is well-founded.
Well that might just depend on what "are" are.

Ask Clinton.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:01 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

Yeah, me too!

I wish they would just quit it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies