Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,566,263 times

Advertisements

I got this in an email. I thought it couldn't be true but when I went on Snopes nothing about it was there. They do seem to take Air Force One on too many "jaunts" for dinner, etc. Seems credible to me and if it isn't then why are they still behaving like Marie Antoinette? LET THEM EAT CAKE.

In a recession as we are in, this arrogant woman racks up over of $1.2 Million per year in assistant costs. Pure unadulterated, pompous, narcissism.

There has never been anyone in the White House at any time that has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.

Here's one to share! This is the woman who is "finally proud" to be an American? Where does she get the NERVE ????

Recession, Depression, What, Michelle Worry?
July 7, 2009
Dr. Paul L. Williams

In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much, and she said. See, that is why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, “ Michelle Obama

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn't perform any official duties. But this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession. Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing China for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary.

How things have changed! If you are one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:

1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina, David S.. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)

Copyright 2009 Canada Free Press.Com

Canadafreepress.Com/index.php/article/12652

There has never been anyone in the White House at any time that has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.

Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom travelled aboard Air Force One to Europe.

"Beware of the enemy from within!!!"

"IS IT CHANGE OR CHAINS?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 10:40 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,632,551 times
Ummm this has been posted before and every First Lady has the same amount of staff.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,972,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
If I had been on C-D during the W regime and this expense came out re: LB, yes I would have posted a thread about it. And to sound like the mom I am - I don't care who started it - it needs to stop.

As to why this info came out now? I've no doubt that it is the work of people who didn't mind when it was Laura Bush blowing money. You are right that there are people who will want to stir up controversy. But, that doesn't make the disgust for this waste of money any less real. I would like to see this practice stopped and allow for a staff of four or five for the First Lady - any fist lady. I would also like to see Laura Bush reimburse the nation for grossly inappropriate expenditures.

But that is just me - neither right nor left, neither red nor blue.
I do agree with you. I also think that there is a historical perspective that is involved here, that goes beyond the partisanship involved in judging Mrs Obama's staff. The staff assignments of the First Lady have grown considerably in the past fifty years, but proportionally the First Lady staff growth has matched the EOP staff growth. The EOP staff growth expansion can trace its roots back to Nixon, who saw a need for more specialization among his staff. FDR was strictly opposed to having any more staff than the President could directly supervise. Nixon's vision was for a staff that operated in branches under supervisors who reported to Nixon, which allowed Nixon to refer policy to more specialized staff. The partisanship of the White House staff has also been a modern era development. In the past many White House staffers were passed on from one administration to another. Reagan actually began the desire for a clean house to start from, in part as a way to further distance his Presidency from Carter's. This policy spilled over to Nancy Reagan's staff as well. So Mrs Obama's staff is the result of changes in White House staffing procedures that have developed over the years, right or wrong.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:42 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,199,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I got this in an email. I thought it couldn't be true but when I went on Snopes nothing about it was there. They do seem to take Air Force One on too many "jaunts" for dinner, etc. Seems credible to me and if it isn't then why are they still behaving like Marie Antoinette? LET THEM EAT CAKE.

In a recession as we are in, this arrogant woman racks up over of $1.2 Million per year in assistant costs. Pure unadulterated, pompous, narcissism.

Here's one to share! This is the woman who is "finally proud" to be an American? Where does she get the NERVE ????

July 7, 2009
Dr. Paul L. Williams

In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much, and she said. See, that is why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service, “ Michelle Obama

No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn't perform any official duties. But this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession. Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing China for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary.

How things have changed! If you are one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:

2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
22. Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)

Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom travelled aboard Air Force One to Europe.

There is already a thread on this ......and YOU are just JEALOUS!!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 10:48 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,709,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

July 7, 2009
Dr. Paul L. Williams

Bummer...the Most Moronic Post of the Week Award was given out a few minutes ago...guess you'll have to try again next week...

Old 08-05-2009, 10:59 AM

11,448 posts, read 14,498,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Bummer...the Most Moronic Post of the Week Award was given out a few minutes ago...guess you'll have to try again next week...
Always a bridesmaid and never a bride.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,596,478 times
janelle I am assuming you are Canadian? If then what is the issue with the First Lady ? Considering Canadians are practically paying for those old "commonwealth" ties such as the King & Queen of England!The Royal Jewels, the private estates, free healthcare, etc.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,868,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Ummm this has been posted before and every First Lady has the same amount of staff.
No they dont all have the same amount of staff

Old 08-05-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
There is already a thread on this ......and YOU are just JEALOUS!!!!
Not at all, and here you go reprinting it.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
janelle I am assuming you are Canadian? If then what is the issue with the First Lady ? Considering Canadians are practically paying for those old "commonwealth" ties such as the King & Queen of England!The Royal Jewels, the private estates, free healthcare, etc.
Nope, not Canadian. Far from it. I live in KS. I just came here to confirm this, coludn't find it on Snopes. I can't find the truth on here either then?Guess not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies