Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you miss George W Bush?
Yes, Bush was a great president! 7 6.14%
Yes, Bush did a fine job. 30 26.32%
No opinion 3 2.63%
I wasn't too crazy about Bush 74 64.91%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:29 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Imagine what might have been going through his head:
"Maybe I should have read that memo about Bin Laden being determined to strike the U.S. and got my butt back to D.C. from vacay."
"Maybe that Richard Clarke guy knew what he was talking about."
"Maybe my intelligence people shouldn't have tossed that packet that Clinton's people left for us."

Nah, he probably was just trying to remember how to pronounce 'goat.'

how can there be 7 minutes of silence in a 6 minute video?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
That list just keeps getting longer and longer

Oh, my, forgot all about that one. Good times, good times
Poor ol shoppingcartLOST.....I was here the night when he had his mental spaz attack and ran off into the dark screaming and plucking at his eyebrows never to be seen or heard from again....I do think his "ghost" is still here under a different name tho'.

He had that little something going for him that these new trolls lack...a certain panache while making wild and assinine comments and posting inane links from right wing blogs....he was fun to play with,these new trolls are just your garden variety dullards.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Poor ol shoppingcartLOST.....I was here the night when he had his mental spaz attack and ran off into the dark screaming and plucking at his eyebrows never to be seen or heard from again....I do think his "ghost" is still here under a different name tho'.

He had that little something going for him that these new trolls lack...a certain panache while making wild and assinine comments and posting inane links from right wing blogs....he was fun to play with,these new trolls are just your garden variety dullards.
Boy you do think a lot of yourself, and everyone else is just a "troll" ....nice.

Looked under the bridge lately, burp boy? What exactly constitutes a "dullard"...please share.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Boy you do think a lot of yourself, and everyone else is just a "troll" ....nice.

Looked under the bridge lately, burp boy? What exactly constitutes a "dullard"...please share.
I wasn't refering to you in my post....you have a couple thousand posts,unlike the trolls who come in here and start trouble with their first one.

By the way,glad to see you are at least trying to grow a pair with your tough guy act....bet you scare all of the other kids at the ice cream truck with that kind of talk

Old 07-15-2009, 02:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
talking about bush or nagin?

here's to new beginnings indeed. wait, we're still in a recession and in iraq. I guess that bright new direction is DOWN.
All you offer is hardcore right wing rants, so I want you to answer this question.

When Reagan adopted Carter's fiasco and the unemployment rate peaked over 2 YEARS into Reagan's presidency, whose policies did you blame?

Something tells me it wasn't the Gipper.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:34 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
All you offer is hardcore right wing rants, so I want you to answer this question.

When Reagan adopted Carter's fiasco and the unemployment rate peaked over 2 YEARS into Reagan's presidency, whose policies did you blame?

Something tells me it wasn't the Gipper.
Just how does Tricky Dick avoid mention in Carter's economic woes.

Letting the dollar fly didn't have any effects?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:49 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
[quote=chielgirl;9778003]
Quote:
Nice deflection, but the thread is about BUSH.
I suppose you've never seen my comments about Nam, have you?
I'm already against the next war.
It is about Bush. You made it about war and families losing loved ones
I was responding to the war part.

About the "next war": If Obama starts it, are going to despise him as you do Bush?

Old 07-15-2009, 05:00 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
talking about bush or nagin?

here's to new beginnings indeed. wait, we're still in a recession and in iraq. I guess that bright new direction is DOWN.
I was talking about Bush, btw.

When a disaster destroys multiple states and cities simultaneously, incapacitating city governments, it's time for the feds to step in and help.

Thankfully, Bush appointed a good buddy with vast horse experience and who sent joking emails about rolling his sleeves up to make it look like he was working hard.

Old news, but the blood of over 1,000 people cannot be washed from Bush's hands on that one.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:42 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Look as the years go bye, Bush43s approval numbers will rise Obamas will plummet, thats just politics, except for Carter of course.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:45 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
I would like people who actually think Bush was a good President to list the reasons they think this. Talking tough and looking the part no more makes a good President than speeches Obama give make him a good President (and at least he can speak without butchering the English language, like his predecessor did)

We saw record job losses under Bush, he tripled the size of the federal government (real conservative) he spent like a drunken sailor and racked up an incredible debt, he ignored Afghanistan to invade Iraq and Iraq never attacked us or even posed even a remote threat to the United States. He circumvented the U.S. Constitution with a record number of "signing statements" and he illegally spied on the American people.

His wars have led to the deaths of between 500,000 and 1,000,000 people and the world hates America much like its does the Bush Administration's closest ally for 8 years, Israel.

He made himself look like a fool everytime he opened his mouth, and his polices led to a financial earthquake still felt round the world, right along with the war and misery and over 4 million refugee's in Iraq.

And dont forget his constant fixation on Iraq and daily warning of dire threats posed by Saddam Hussein when he posed no threat and over 3000 Americans were killed by Al Qaeda, who's leader he allowed to escape from Tora Bora and remains free today. And those are just his most egregious offenses, he has a laundry list of lesser offenses

So perhaps someone can list what he did that really makes you like what he accomplished in 8 years, and why we are better off after 8 years of him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies