Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:59 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
We all know now that NBC has received something like 28 videos made by the savage/animal/barbarian/psycho who murdered people at Virginia Tech.

But all we have seen so far is a glimpse of 1 of his many videos.

Why isn't NBC releasing the rest of the videos?? What has this maniac said that they do not want the public to know??? What is in the 28 other videos???

Has the psycho made:

-Any religious-hatred statements (we know he was anti-Christian, but what else).

-Any anti-American statements.

-Any Islamic connection.

-Anything that could look South Koreans look bad and the media doeswn't want that??

I mean South Koreans are some of the most honorable people in Asia. This guy is a psycho and he does NOT represent the good people of South Korea.

NBC is currently releasing things like "the psycho was bullied in school" and everything else to make trhis guy look like "a poor mentally disabled person who was allowed by the evil government to buy guns". A totl cop-out from calling this guy a psycho murderor barbarian.

NBC, RELEASE ALL OF THE VIDEOS!! CUT THE POLITICAL CORRECTNESS CRAP AND LET'S GET THE FACTS!

America wants answers. And NBC is currently holding them all!
Two thoughts:

1-I don't want/need to see what I've already seen nor do want/need to see anything else UNLESS it's a matter of MY or MY NATION'S National Security. I'd like to trust the "power that be" to filter out the general hate towards ANY religion, social status, or just the crackpot stuff and unless this guy says "On behalf of Pat Robertson, Charles Taze, Ghandi, or Allah, and [is affiliated with] some ORGANIZATION, I'm going to go on a killing spree." Otherwise, as stated above by another poster, it's just fame. I mean, I'm sorry, but he's getting much more glory on every station I turn to than any of the victims. Don't think some other nut-case isn't out there saying "Yeah, that's what it takes to get my face time on the national news."

2-Leavingflorida, I really think you need to approach each thread independently. It's hard, I realize that and I've seen where you and Nirvana-Guy have had cross words, but this is a seperate thread. If I were a first-time visitor to CD today, I'd think your comments were very harsh. We were all on our FIRST thread at some point, albeit days gone by but still, not to get too much in your business, I'd just make your comments on the thread and continue your ongoing debates with the other poster.

I always try and read the Orginal Post independent of the OP's name...it's REAL HARD sometimes, but it's the only way to keep the discussion civil. IN MY OPINION!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 03:04 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
I'm getting sick of arguing so I won't go into great detail, but I think the videos should NOT be released, and that they have already released too much.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Guys, talk about the topic not each other. We are all entitled to our own viewes and opinions, if you want others to respect your, start by respecting their.
Yac.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:28 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,669,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
I'm getting sick of arguing so I won't go into great detail, but I think the videos should NOT be released, and that they have already released too much.
Agreed, wholeheartedly.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:34 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,009 times
I hope we can not "profile people" that is dangerous, so very dangerous, a person can be against someAmerican polices and be a true patriot at the same time! A person can also be non-religious and be a good person of high moral character, please do not profile here, very dangeorus thing to do here!

Old 04-19-2007, 04:39 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,669,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
I hope we can not "profile people" that is dangerous, so very dangerous, a person can be against someAmerican polices and be a true patriot at the same time! A person can also be non-religious and be a good person of high moral character, please do not profile here, very dangeorus thing to do here!

I think it is a little scary how some people think that he should have been suspected because of some stories he wrote. I don't like to think that fictional writing, however twisted, could become a just reason to have someone investigated.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:05 PM

71 posts, read 400,129 times
Why on earth should they air hatred or any more of this non-human face of hatred?! I am tired of seeing the face of this hate-monger [on papers and on t.v.] and really do not care to see one more second or a repeat of what they have already televised.

Even if this son-of-b*#%h was against certain religions or certain groups of people, does it really matter [besides it is apparent this was NOT about religion - it was about psychosis]? We need a new world order of peace and love for all people on our shores; what America stands for . . . we should all be equal [law-abiding, generally good people, at least], religion or skin color notwithstanding.

And to give anymore air time or print time to this coward [killing himself was a very, very cowardly thing to do after killing all those people]. This publicity gives other sick-o's out there exactly what they want! Some sick people out there have this psycho thought in their warped tiny or non-existent brains that "violent acts of terrorism" will make them infamous, just like the VA Tech shooter.

Why oh why are we giving them what they want?! This will only encourage other wacko's to do the same thing!

I, for one, want to hear the names, the stories of those good people we lost -- and about the surviving students and how we can help them feel safe and continue their educations. And about good people of our society, in general, i.e. the man who threw himself on another man who fell into the subway in NY. He saved both their lives!

I, for one, love all loving people . . . religious, not religious, black, white, brown or green (for that matter), straight, gay, or whatever. I try to be color blind; I aim to judge people by their life, their soul and how they treat themselves and others.

And as Mother Teresa said when she was asked to go to a "protest of the war".

"No! But if you a 'pro-peace rally' I will be there!"

I may not have quoted her perfectly. But the idea is just that. I want to focus on the good things happening around me, not hours and hours of tapes of some hateful terrorist.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:23 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,009 times
I agree De...it is very scary that we could become a police state, see us heading that way, not much we can do either, been asleep way too long. Lets hope we can keep our freedoms intact and find a way to prevent such from ever happening again. What amazes me is just how many sick twisted people there are coming out of the woodwork now that this had happened here......so many crazy people in the world today.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:15 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times
I don't think it was terrorism. If he was a terrorist then he would have gotten out alive and he probobly would not mail stuff into NBC or anybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies