Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:35 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
What Irish jokes?
No need to belabor the obvious.

We of Irish descent are living proof that the Almighty loves to play a good joke on occasion.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:02 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Memo to all white comedians. You're only allowed to make fun of white people,...extra points if they are from the south. Comedians of other races are free to make fun of all other races including white people.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:07 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No need to belabor the obvious.

We of Irish descent are living proof that the Almighty loves to play a good joke on occasion.
Us Cajuns make jokes about ourselves. We can take a joke and we can make some too. Cajuns, Irish, Polish, Catholics, hillbillies, rednecks, and people from the south in general must all have a sense of humor. All other races have a sense of humor but only if the comedian making jokes about them isn't white.

Know whats the difference between a Cajun Zoo and other zoos around the world? The animals have receipes for how to cook them cause them Cajuns will eat anything.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:15 PM

619 posts, read 2,168,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
From what I understand, most feelings of racism, prejudice, etc actually come from within, reflecting one's inner insecurities. Therefore, this Ron White guy (who ever he is) is actually expressing his own fear of ugliness and not being able to get a woman.
whoaaa!...Ron White not being able to get a woman?...The guy is very funny, he IS somebody. he`s all over the TV all the time...

Old 07-20-2009, 07:26 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
he's talked just as bad about whites and most importantly, himself. It's called comedy. Take a joke.
No damn kidding! As far as I'm concerned,

1. Ron White is about the only worthwhile thing to come out of the red states since cotton, and

2. The idea of someone picking on Eskimos is comical in itself, simply because you don't hear it done very often (or ever!)

It's called comedy. If you don't like it, watch something you do like.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo2900 View Post
get a life, learn to laugh!
Definitely, of course as long as it is at someone else's expense.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I know I would. what, too soon?
LMAO you crack me up

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post

It's called comedy. If you don't like it, watch something you do like.
I thought this was worth repeating

Old 07-20-2009, 08:45 PM

619 posts, read 2,168,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Definitely, of course as long as it is at someone else's expense.
Theres a double standard for comedians, society in general allows that for the sake of a good time...you too should get a life and learn to laugh!

Old 07-20-2009, 08:52 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoweskimo View Post
RON WHITE, the comidian who came to beautiful Anchorage this past '09 and to Fairbanks said the worst things possible regarding Eskimo people. His horrible and crude comments regarding the Inupiat peoples being the ugliest people on earth that noone would sleep with them not even their own race was far too offensive for me. There are a few races Mr. ron that have suffered beyond measure and this attitude toward a certain disadvantaged race is beyond ignorance. I am part eskimo and have heard racist jokes my whole life. How cruel for this man to say such horrible things regarding the most suicidal people in the US. Comedy central just showed a "comedy act" with him on July 18th, 2009 with him commenting on eskimos being ugly and how he understood how No race, not even there own, would sleep with them. If this were about blacks, mexicans or jewish people, TMZ or other media outlets would have him banned. I want to know who allowed him to speak in their club or event stage without stopping this horrible racism.
Guy's a flake. Who cares what he thinks? Never heard of him, had to look him up. And besides, it's not true that Inupiat peoples are "ugly." Actually, I can't think of any people who are "ugly," come to think of it. I often show a documentary in my course which includes a short "chapter" on the Gwich'in in Arctic Circle. And each time I am struck by how handsome the people are.

Gwich’in - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-20-2009, 08:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
What Irish jokes?
Seriously??? Are you a recent immigrant (serious question)? Anti-Irish prejudice goes way back in this country. Used to be signs posted in NY read: "Irish Need Not Apply" (mostly end of 19th-century through pre-WWII). But it was as much anti-Catholic and anti-poor as it was anti-Irish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies