Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:10 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,916,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Moose, I'd say we give Parnell a chance.

Souxcia, I found a printout of this tacked to our plant's bulletin board this morning; the touristas are finding it amusing:

Sarah Palien?*|*Weekly World News

Following Sarah Palin’s emergence on the national stage, the blogosphere lit up with reports that Governor Palin does not actually hail from Wasilla, Alaska but from a planet known as Wazeela.

The tiny planet, which is located some 37,000 miles due east from the Sun, is known to be rich with fossil fuels that lie beneath snow-capped peaks.

Internet reports also cited the particularly short 5-month gestation period of Wazeela females as proof that Palin was, in fact, a Palien.
I knew she wasn't a 'natural born American'!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 09:32 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
what day does that foreigner officially step down, again?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Last time I checked, every ethics complaint drawn against Gov. Palin was dismissed as a frivolous waste of the state's time and money, with only one exception and she was completely exonerated. But I will give you half a point for being consistent in your lies, but lies they remain as usual.
The Legislature found her guilty of abuse of power in the Troopergate issue. Three people appointed by the previous governor, one reappointed by Palin, found she did not. I wouldn't call that 'completely exonerated'.

She reimbursed the State for money she charged them to take her children on vacation. I wouldn't call that 'completely exonerated'.

Given Palin's history of reaping vengence on those who cross her, I'm not surprised at the results of the ethics 'investigations'.

Why hasn't she released her emails? They're public record. What's she hiding? They'll be interesting reading.....someday.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
what day does that foreigner officially step down, again?
July 26th is the last day the alien is in office. After that, no longer tethered by ethics, watch Wailin' pull in the big bucks!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:32 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
July 26th is the last day the alien is in office. After that, no longer tethered by ethics, watch Wailin' pull in the big bucks!!!
Her first gig will be a documentary about Roswell, N.M.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You obviously also did not know that Governors are the Chief Executive of the State Executive Branch. They are not legislators and do not introduce legislation. Just a little something you would have learned had you taken a PoliSci course.
Um, well, I didnt write the article.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Do you know, are they going to stay in Alaska? Do they have a house/new town picked out?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Do you know, are they going to stay in Alaska? Do they have a house/new town picked out?
Supposedly, they are staying in Wasilla. But, if she really quit because it's best for Alaska, she may be planning a move to the -48. I wonder if she won't feel more welcome near Exxon headquarters.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:07 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Five more days until the celebrations that took place on July 3rd start up again.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:39 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
The Legislature found her guilty of abuse of power in the Troopergate issue.
Yet another deliberate lie. The legislature found no such thing because it never went before the legislature to decide. One anti-American Democrat hack took it upon himself, without any legal authority, to condemn the Governor.

Quote:
Three people appointed by the previous governor, one reappointed by Palin, found she did not. I wouldn't call that 'completely exonerated'.
Of course you wouldn't, because we have already established that you are dishonest. The Personnel Board, that you reference above, is the ONLY lawful authority when it comes to determining the disposition of those state personnel they are investigating, and that includes the Governor.

Quote:
She reimbursed the State for money she charged them to take her children on vacation. I wouldn't call that 'completely exonerated'.
After she brought the matter to the attention of the board herself. There was no ethics violation that prompted her repayment. She asked for their ruling, they gave it, and she paid what they said she owed. End of story.

Quote:
Given Palin's history of reaping vengence on those who cross her, I'm not surprised at the results of the ethics 'investigations'.

Why hasn't she released her emails? They're public record. What's she hiding? They'll be interesting reading.....someday.
Governor Palin's history of reaping vengence on those who cross her extends no further than her own Republican Party. She ended the career of Lyda Green and exposed Randy Rudrick's ethics violations, both were life-long Republicans. So your deliberate lies don't hold water here, they only expose you as both dishonest and dishonorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies