Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:48 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
That is one law I have never payed any attention to. Always have a gun in my vehicle no matter where I go. Have never been robbed and don't plan on it.
Same here...I am not a militia freak in the least,but I am a "you ain't robbing me or my family" freak and I go by the old saying..."I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 01:50 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm actually glad that the measure failed. Not because of gun control, but because it opened the door to increased federalization of gun laws when those laws should be imposed on the state and local levels. I know that you won't agree with me, Muleskinner, but I think that some of the people who voted against it were also considering the impact on state laws and on state autonomy on this issue.
I agree with this also.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Not yet, I don't think it has been posted for the record yet. They like to drag their feet.
Thanks Sub

Old 07-22-2009, 01:51 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Right now, 31 states have reciprocity agreements, 2 of which have no requirement for carry other than being legally allowed to purchase a firearm. I hope they can eventually pass something like this, as robbers, rapists and other scum bags lurk in every state.

Also, since the Constitution clearly states "shall not be infringed" all state and local laws are unconstitutional.
Unfair comment bolded above.
If I want to interject emotional bs, I could counter with wackaloon murders who use guns lurk in every state.

If you can't be objective, don't expect objectivity in response.

________
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Not yet, I don't think it has been posted for the record yet. They like to drag their feet.
The votes are NEVER published immediately.
How many extra employees (that you'd whine about) would it take to get every vote published immediately?
A little realistic thinking would be a good thing here.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:53 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,118,051 times
Ah well, I just won't visit and bring my tax dollars to states that wish to violate my rights.

This is the reason I left New York, and brought my company and tax revenues with me. Bye.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm actually glad that the measure failed. Not because of gun control, but because it opened the door to increased federalization of gun laws when those laws should be imposed on the state and local levels. I know that you won't agree with me, Muleskinner, but I think that some of the people who voted against it were also considering the impact on state laws and on state autonomy on this issue.
I understand what you are saying DC,but this is a common sense issue like the CDL was and the CDL law pretty well busted that door down years ago didn't it?

Old 07-22-2009, 01:54 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Unfair comment bolded above.
If I want to interject emotional bs, I could counter with wackaloon murders who use guns lurk in every state.

If you can't be objective, don't expect objectivity in response.
exactly, wacaloon murderers who use guns do lurk in every state, that is why law abiding firearms owners should have the right to defend themselves.

Thanks!

I really like that word, wakaloon, I hope you don't mind if I use it from time to time.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:56 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
exactly, wacaloon murderers who use guns do lurk in every state, that is why law abiding firearms owners should have the right to defend themselves.

Thanks!

I really like that word, wakaloon, I hope you don't mind if I use it from time to time.
Feel free to use it.
Point is, and you got the point, is that you do more harm than good by going for the base emotional response. It has a tendency to backfire.
Clearer heads prevail.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:57 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,118,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Same here...I am not a militia freak in the least,but I am a "you ain't robbing me or my family" freak and I go by the old saying..."I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
+1

G19 either on my hip, or by my bed, 24/7.

Old 07-22-2009, 01:58 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Feel free to use it.
Point is, and you got the point, is that you do more harm than good by going for the base emotional response. It has a tendency to backfire.
Clearer heads prevail.
You're right. Sometimes it does backfire, other times it attracts fringe elements you may not want associated with your cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies