Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,509,632 times

Advertisements

The OP's response was despicable and inhuman. Neither does it answer the question really posed by the article he hyper-linked.

The real question was and remains, how would the matter of treatment vs no treatment be handled by the UHC the president wants? Who would make the decisions on "fitness" for continued treatment, the attending physicians or the bureauocracy? In the latter case would that be an independent administration of the program or the government itself?

Old 07-22-2009, 05:46 PM

7,965 posts, read 9,180,543 times
He should get whatever care is covered by the public plan that will be pushed through by the administration. Not one drop of chemo or burst of radiation more.
If it is supposed to be good enough for us peasants, it should suffice for our senior Senator.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:50 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,482,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
He should get whatever care is covered by the public plan that will be pushed through by the administration. Not one drop of chemo or burst of radiation more.
If it is supposed to be good enough for us peasants, it should suffice for our senior Senator.
There are about 45 million Americans that would be happy to have those public plan drops or bursts if faced with cancer.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:51 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,222,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Is there a single ounce of logic here?

Have you demanded that Senators only be paid the minimum wage? What's your logic there?

If the US wants to do something to help people who are suffering, why in hell would you demand that our Senators be limited to that minimal level of safety net support?

Wingnuts make zero sense.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:57 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,848,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

Have you demanded that Senators only be paid the minimum wage? What's your logic there?

If the US wants to do something to help people who are suffering, why in hell would you demand that our Senators be limited to that minimal level of safety net support?

thank you for that statement. I take you very seriously. politicians are trying to heal this invisible "suffering." I think most americans would be happy if senators made minimum wage. it's a part time job and they vote for their own raises. they don't need salaries with the amount of money they extort.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:

If this plan is as good as they are making it out to be, they should be quite happy with it. Why should they have something different? If it is considered good enough for our citizens to have, and we are subsidizing people to have this plan, they should agree to use it. The money saved paying the Senators' deluxe health plans can be used towards subsidizing the poor.....remember,we all gotta have some skin in the game.

Interesting how the rats ran away from the proposed amendment requiring them to use the public plan.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
There are about 45 million Americans that would be happy to have those public plan drops or bursts if faced with cancer.
They certainly would be. The money saved by putting Senators on the same plan could help subsidize the poor and give us the sense of cohesiveness among the American people Obama has been preaching about. I thought all you guys clamoring about UHC would like this scenario.....rich and poor together, same treatment. No differences based on income or job.

Its a win win situation.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,297,783 times
See, that's why I tend to avoid engaging in conversation and debate with some of you on the right. The difference between you and has nothing to so with politics. I was one of George Bush's biggest critics, but if he'd been diagnosed with an illness such as cancer, I would do nothing but wish him all the best and a speedy recovery. To make nasty comments about a man suffering from what may be terminal cancer is just sick, evil and depraved. Some of you are clearly too twisted and filled with pure hatred to just put politics aside for a second and to show some respect to what may be a dying man.

I wonder how some of you sleep at night, or maybe you're just so hollow inside that you can post this sort of evil garbage, as if it's all good.

This is no surprise to me and it is not restricted to internet forums. One of my co-workers is a POS, just like the OP and still accused Michael Jackson of being a child molester, just minutes after his death had been announced.

I have no sympathy for people like the OP. If there's a god, I hope that he or she is far more forgiving than I am.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:14 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,387,711 times
Quote:
How do all you decent conservatives feel about being represented by such immoral, scary, and disgusting people? Eliminationism at its finest.

There are decent conservatives here, aren't there?

Oh, please spare us your faux tears!
When your liberal icon, Senator Kennedy passes, please revisit the
spew of kindness directed at the conservative, Rev. Jerry Falwell.
Then we'll have a fitting place for your overwrought scribendi.

If you can use 'eliminationism' I'm gonna use scribendi.
At least it's a real word.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:15 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,880,431 times
This is one more post that shows why abortion should remain legal...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies