Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 05:19 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times

Advertisements

Some say that the Left is not using any logic when dealing with the accusations from the Right when it comes to the BC accusation, so then why is it not ONE of those from the Right that have jumped on the BC bandwagon ever bother to answer one question, based on logic, that I and others have asked. If the BC of Oboma is a real issue then why hasn't the GOP been persueing it, why haven't the GOP leadership called for a fullinvestigation of the matter? The answer is obvious to anyone thinking logically, so that means some just refuse to admit it. This issue is not going away any time soon, the far right will see to that, propaganda is the name of the game these days, sadly some have actually bought the lie. Face it, Obama is not going to be removed from office because of this accusation. It is obvious that Obama has satisfied those in the government that count with whatever proof that was required, meaning a valid BC proving his qualifications. The ball is in the court of those making such accusations, provide proof that he is not qualified or move on with life, those are the choices left, making unfounded accusations just makes the accuser look foolish or worse yet delusional. Move on with life there are more pressing issues at hand.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 05:51 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,418,885 times
People will want to believe whatever it is they want to believe.

I believe that the problem lies with people who floated the idea in the first place. The Republican election machine did this, and they knew he was a citizen. They just wanted to start a little controversy about Mr. Obama, in order to pull a few votes their way.

The hate hasn't died, and thats because the Republican party is trying to be just as divisive as they were before. I'm sure there are some people who are doing this because they don't like the idea of a black President. However, I honestly feel that most of them are doing this because they are die hard Republicans.

I can't believe people actually rationalize the things that are said about the other party during an election. John Kerry wasn't a traitor, hell the man was wounded in battle. GW Bush wasn't a draft dodger, he served in the national guard, an honorable position. John McCain isn't crazy because of the torture he endured in his POW camp. Barrack Obama isn't a muslim, he isn't trying to destroy the world. Hell, democrats were made out to be unpatriotic during the election, and thats just crazy. I believe that both dems and repubs are patriotic.

Until we get back to politics of issues, and not personality, then things like this will continue to rear their ugly heads.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:27 AM

24,446 posts, read 23,114,427 times
You know, its always the left that are most obsessed with this and go apoplectic responding to anything that pops up in the news about this. This makes you wonder if at some level they aren't wondering themselves that it may be true and are very much afraid it may be true. That's the impression I get from the most outspoken opponents of this questioning of Obama's legitimacy on these boards.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:42 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,856,671 times
Icytea (using the "Lady MacBeth doth protest too much") argument wrote;

Quote:
You know, its always the left that are most obsessed with this and go apoplectic responding to anything that pops up in the news about this. This makes you wonder if at some level they aren't wondering themselves that it may be true and are very much afraid it may be true. That's the impression I get from the most outspoken opponents of this questioning of Obama's legitimacy on these boards.
There's really a very good reason for this, we learned our lesson the hard way! The right has used these tactics for years, often to great effect. But a few years ago we decided that we were mad as hell and not going to take it any more.

We sat quietly by when the right used the following;

Bill Clinton is allieed with drug smugglers, I even saw the planes being unloaded at a small strip in Arkansas.

Hillary Clinton shot Vince Foster.

Bill Clinton dispatched a hit squad to kill one of his envoys, I saw the bullet holes in his head, even though everyone thinks he was killed in a plane crash in Africa.

John Kerry secret met with Jane Fonda when she was travelling in North Viet Nam and they went to the Hanoi Hilton (not really a Hilton at all, it's a Marriott!) to **** through the bars of John McCain's cell.

Michelle Obama constantly used the term "whitey" in a derogatory way in her senior thesis. I know because I've read it, and it will be revealed just before the election, or any day now.

Sometimes the "lefties" do engage in a bit of outlandish rhetoric about the right. Here are some of our more egregious examples;

G.W. Bush kept missing his flight physicals and won't say why. No, wait, that's true.

Dick Cheney told a senior Democratic Senator to "go f**k yourself" on the floor of the Senate. No, wait, that's true.

A Republican House member spent several years soliciting sex from House pages with the knowledge of the Republican Speaker. No, that's true too.

A Republican Senator was caught soliciting gay sex in an airport bathroom stall. Oh, wait another true one.*

A Republican Governor used state funds to visit his mistress in Argentina, lied about it to his staff, his constituents and his wife. Oh, darn another true one.*

A Republican Senator had an affair with an aid, fired her when he was afraid it would become public and had his mommy and daddy pay her off. No, that won't work either because it's true.*

* all three of whom had earlier insisted that President Clinton must resign because of the tawdry nature of his sexcapades.

I'll try to think of some of the egregious examples of the left trashing the right. I mean ones that are made up. I'm sure there are some somewhere.

golfgod

Old 07-24-2009, 06:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The FACTS are that Obama has a legitimate birth certificate. It has been proven. Just because some hysterical hate-filled people deny it doesn't prove anything.

Obama is still the president and the continuing effort to disprove his citizenship means the Right has NOTHING ELSE!

Old 07-24-2009, 06:46 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,849,260 times
what's a birther? is this anotherModerator cut: inappropriate made up term?

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-26-2009 at 10:18 AM..

Old 07-24-2009, 07:21 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,223,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
Proof 'all over the internet', eh?

Provide a link to a copy of Obama's original long form birth certificate.

Provide a link to a copy of Obama's elementary and high school enrollment records, showing what name he used and what documentation of birth he provided.

Provide a link to a copy of Obama's college enrollment records, showing what name he used and what documentation of birth he provided.

Provide a link to Obama's US passport that he used to leave the US for Indonesia as a boy and return, and to travel to Pakistan as a young man.

Provide a link to relevant US law in force in 1961 that allowed a child born to a father who was a British citizen to become a US citizen.

You say the proof is 'all over the internet', so I expect that you will not respond now and say 'well he doesn't have to provide any of that documentation, why should he?'

You seem like a bright boy. Provide the documentation and do your country a great service.

I would love to see it and put this to rest.
Please explain to us why no old white guy was ever asked for this kind of "proof" before President Obama's election. Why is this being demanded of the first black man elected president? Coincidence?

We all know your motivation. Here's a clue: remove the word "Joe" from your handle.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:31 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,198,320 times
Quote:
Proof 'all over the internet', eh?

Provide a link to a copy of Obama's original long form birth certificate.

Provide a link to a copy of Obama's elementary and high school enrollment records, showing what name he used and what documentation of birth he provided.

Provide a link to a copy of Obama's college enrollment records, showing what name he used and what documentation of birth he provided.

Provide a link to Obama's US passport that he used to leave the US for Indonesia as a boy and return, and to travel to Pakistan as a young man.

Provide a link to relevant US law in force in 1961 that allowed a child born to a father who was a British citizen to become a US citizen.

You say the proof is 'all over the internet', so I expect that you will not respond now and say 'well he doesn't have to provide any of that documentation, why should he?'

You seem like a bright boy. Provide the documentation and do your country a great service.

I would love to see it and put this to rest.
I dont think you birthers *would* be satisfied actually, no matter what. In what form could it be shown to you so that you would be satisfied? If th eoriginal was placed in your hands so you could touch see smell taste it, doctors' signatures, ink paper seal stamps all in order, wouldnt you just shrug it off and come up with some kind of proof of how easy it is to fake these things? If some justice you all trust on the Supreme Court said it was examined and according to him (or say all the right leaning justices) it was legitimate, would you believe then?

Be honest -- what proof honestly would convince you birthers? Sincerely Id very much like to know.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,905,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
PolitiFact | Obama's birth certificate: Final chapter

http://www.politifact.com/media/img/graphics/birthCertObama.jpg (broken link)

Its not what you asked for, because obviously those are sealed records. However this is legal documentation of Obama being born in the US, I found it in 2 seconds. As much as you hate it, its the truth.

Now show me any evidence of Obama NOT being a natural born citizen, cuz the burden of proof is on YOU.
Obama's records are not "sealed". The are subject to the same degree of privacy as anyone else's. No one can call up a state health dept and ask for someone else's birth cert. unless they have a legitimate interest in doing so.

Quote:
US law is not 'sealed'. Cite relevant US law in force in 1961 that would allow a child born to a father who is a British citizen to assume US citizenship.
I don't know about 1961, but in the 1800s, James Buchanan became the pres with an Irish citizen father. Chester Arthur also had an Irish citizen father. Woodrow Wilson had a British citizen mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont think you birthers *would* be satisfied actually, no matter what. In what form could it be shown to you so that you would be satisfied? If th eoriginal was placed in your hands so you could touch see smell taste it, doctors' signatures, ink paper seal stamps all in order, wouldnt you just shrug it off and come up with some kind of proof of how easy it is to fake these things? If some justice you all trust on the Supreme Court said it was examined and according to him (or say all the right leaning justices) it was legitimate, would you believe then?

Be honest -- what proof honestly would convince you birthers? Sincerely Id very much like to know.
I agree. I came to that conclusion last fall, before the election.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,198,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I agree. I came to that conclusion last fall, before the election.
Did they ever say what would satisfy them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies