Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 10:14 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times

Advertisements

Seriously, think about the hypocrisy.

SurnameDB: O'crowley surname meaning

I guess all Boston, Irish cops are nothing more than beer drinking thugs. Talk about profiling. Why not invite him over for glass of wine? A martini? What would the media say if he publically invited Snoop Dog over for a couple of 40's?

I've said it before, and I will say it again: it is amateur hour at the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 10:15 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Oh, my God

Have you never said, "Let me buy you a beer"?

You dont happen to remember the campaign line that got Bush elected: "You'd like to have a beer with him."

See where Im going with this?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:17 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post

I guess all Boston, Irish cops are nothing more than beer drinking thugs. Talk about profiling. Why not invite him over for glass of wine? A martini? What would the media say if he publically invited Snoop Dog over for a couple of 40's?

I've said it before, and I will say it again: it is amateur hour at the White House.
Crowley suggested to the president the beer....but nice try.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
The guys name is just Crowley by the way.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The guys name is just Crowley by the way.

From the link, by the way:

Today the surname is very rare in Co. Roscommon, and is mainly found in West Cork. The modern surname can be found as (O)Crowley, Crawley, Croley, Crolly and Crolla. Among the recordings in Ireland the marriage of Cornelius Crowley and Joanna McDonald on March 11th 1766, at St. Munchin, Co. Limerick.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:29 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:

News Flash.....We black folk like beer too.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:34 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
Quote:

Obama probably thinks the public isn't smart enough to catch on to his "inviting over for a beer." Not only did he do profiling, it is definitely a lack of "class." How about inviting the two of them to the White House for lunch and a public apology to the police officer from both Obama "and" the Professor?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:35 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
News Flash.....We black folk like beer too.
Ok then you can go have a beer with them. .

Old 07-25-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Crowley suggested to the president the beer....but nice try.

One more innacuracy from the mainstream media, I guess:

But Obama said he had a cordial conversation with Crowley, who had complained about the president's criticism. Obama said he jokingly invited Crowley and Gates to the White House for a beer. Gates, who does not drink beer, said he would show up anyway.

Obama invites Crowley, Gates to 'have a beer' at the White House - Cambridge, Massachusetts - Cambridge Chronicle & Cambridge TAB

Crowley was drinking a Blue Moon beer when Obama invited Crowley and Gates, Jr. over to the White House for a beer and some conversation. State Sen. Anthony Galluccio first brought up the idea of Crowley and Gates getting together earlier this week.

Obama Regrets Comment: Invites Gates and Crowley for Beer | NowPublic News Coverage

If it was Crowley's idea, I did not see that in any of the reports I read. I guess it must be the GOP-controlled media spinning things again.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:36 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,197,268 times
As much as I agree with the amateur hour comment, I think you're being a bit too critical here and need to lighten up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies