Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 10:52 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
LOL No they don't! An insurance company will deny payment on a duplicated bill so it is NOT an issue. That was just proof he has no idea what he is talking about.

I agree.

Obama has no damn clue what is going on.

My insurance company catches every single duplicate bill.

Obama needs to keep his nose out of areas he has no clue.

Gosh, don't he talk to his wife? a hospital administrator who denied care to sick people and who would know about this information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 11:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
how many rounds of antibotics have been used when a good warm saltwater gargle 3x per/day would sovle the problem in the same amount of time?
Absolutely! The pharma companies are the worst of the bunch. How many times are drugs pulled offf the shelves because they find out that they were causing worse side effects (sometimes even death) than the illness that they were prescribed for. There's a book titled "Our Daily Meds" that does a great job of exposing the fraud and corruption within the pharma companies. Don't for one minute think that doctors do not get perks for prescribing these drugs...they do! A pharmacist knows much more about prescription drugs than a physician does. The physician is given samples to disperse to patients and all he does is look it up in the PDR to determine if it is suitable. In other countries is is against the law to adverise Rx drugs on TV.

Prescription medicines can help you if you get the right drug at the right time. But over the last 25 years, a powerful force has made that less likely to happen. That force is aggressive promotion on the part of the pharmaceutical industry. The big drug companies have learned that if they spend enough promoting a drug – even one that often doesn’t work as advertised – they can earn billions of dollars.

The consequences of this industrial strategy have been devastating because all drugs have risks. It is estimated that more than 100,000 Americans – about 270 each day – die from medicines they've taken just as the doctor directed

I also learned that many of the articles I read in scientific journals had been ghostwritten by Madison Avenue ad agencies working on a drug manufacturer’s behalf. Perhaps most surprising of all, one day at an industry convention, I listened as a pharmaceutical executive gave a speech on how he and his company had created a disease – overactive bladder – to sell a new pill. From what I discovered, it seemed almost limitless what a drug company could do by spending heavily on promotion.

Our Daily Meds

Old 07-26-2009, 11:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Everything in healthcare is evil. The only salvation is UHC presented by our government. Need you ask anything more ?

Rile the emotions and get everyone on the band wagon.
Herd the lemmings in the direction you want them to go.
i don't see anything in your post that says I am wrong. Do you fail to agree with me? Tell me so, if you do.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Hospitals and labs have to eat the costs and so most will try to stop dupication of tests and those that don't hurt themselves.

The worst program as far as waste is Medicaid because there are no copays and unlike insured and Medicare patients, Medicaid patients don't bother themselves with what tests were ordered and how often.

Insured patients tend to watch themselves what lab tests were ordered because of copays and they know some of the waste could fall on them, the Medicaid patients don't care at all.
The worst part of what you say here is that usually those on Medicaid are people that can't afford health insurance and they are paid for by the government. Isn't that what the Dems are proposing to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies