Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:43 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
No I don't doubt that he said but one mans OPINION so I don't put much stock in it. I also know many republicans and NONE of them fit what he describes.

Need based reality is all the left has to offer. Democrats are desperate for something new to market. Liberalism became a four-letter word after the Carter catastrophe and smart Democrats refused to be known as liberals. They called themselves moderates and painted a picture of their opponents as heartless Republican ideologues taking away your grandparent's Social Security and Medicare. It became so predictable, we started calling it a Mediscare campaign. Clinton did a good job of passing himself off as moderate, and, with a little help from a weakened Bush Sr. and a billionaire spending his own dough to split the conservative vote, won the White House with less than half the vote. The latest song and dance (Hope and Change) is used up. Transitioning to a new model seems the next logical (if I can use that word with respect to democrats) step in masking the true nature of the statist. A well-educated political class coming in to clean up the mess left behind after the Neo-cons destroyed the economy with at-will adventurous wars for profit certainly has a nice ring to it. Returning us to a more sensible program of help for the victims this raping of the Constitution has caused seems reasonable. So why not? They'll attempt put on some show trials to prove they were truly deceived by the war mongers into supporting a war that they never would have authorized if they would have been provided the correct information. But it's all lies and people are beginning to catch on.

YouTube - Hillary Clinton's Opposing Statements on Iraq War

When Pelosi was caught in an outrageous lie by the CIA, even lib-faithful MSNBC had to report it.

“House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) acknowledged on Thursday that she knew in 2003 that terrorism suspects were water boarded,”

Congress: Pelosi's toughest test? - First Read - msnbc.com

BO has been in a death spiral since taking office because he actually doesn't have any new ideas.

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

The ideas he has are the same ones liberals have been pushing since the Great Depression. They failed then and have failed every time they have been implemented since. His spending package hasn't produced a single job. Life for average Americans hasn't improved because the Democrats passed the largest budget in world history. Quadrupling the deficit hasn't improved one school, returned one illegal immigrant, built one power plant, produced one gallon of fuel, made us safer, healthier or more prosperous. What it has done is saddle the next generation with even more debt and assured them of a lowered standard of living.

So now the statists tell me liberals are smart?

Mmm, sorry liberals, I just don't see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 11:50 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Need based reality is all the left has to offer. Democrats are desperate for something new to market. Liberalism became a four-letter word after the Carter catastrophe and smart Democrats refused to be known as liberals. They called themselves moderates and painted a picture of their opponents as heartless Republican ideologues taking away your grandparent's Social Security and Medicare. It became so predictable, we started calling it a Mediscare campaign. Clinton did a good job of passing himself off as moderate, and, with a little help from a weakened Bush Sr. and a billionaire spending his own dough to split the conservative vote, won the White House with less than half the vote. The latest song and dance (Hope and Change) is used up. Transitioning to a new model seems the next logical (if I can use that word with respect to democrats) step in masking the true nature of the statist. A well-educated political class coming in to clean up the mess left behind after the Neo-cons destroyed the economy with at-will adventurous wars for profit certainly has a nice ring to it. Returning us to a more sensible program of help for the victims this raping of the Constitution has caused seems reasonable. So why not? They'll attempt put on some show trials to prove they were truly deceived by the war mongers into supporting a war that they never would have authorized if they would have been provided the correct information. But it's all lies and people are beginning to catch on.

YouTube - Hillary Clinton's Opposing Statements on Iraq War

When Pelosi was caught in an outrageous lie by the CIA, even lib-faithful MSNBC had to report it.

“House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) acknowledged on Thursday that she knew in 2003 that terrorism suspects were water boarded,”

Congress: Pelosi's toughest test? - First Read - msnbc.com

BO has been in a death spiral since taking office because he actually doesn't have any new ideas.

The ideas he has are the same ones liberals have been pushing since the Great Depression. They failed then and have failed every time they have been implemented since. His spending package hasn't produced a single job. Life for average Americans hasn't improved because the Democrats passed the largest budget in world history. Quadrupling the deficit hasn't improved one school, returned one illegal immigrant, built one power plant, produced one gallon of fuel, made us safer, healthier or more prosperous. What it has done is saddle the next generation with even more debt and assured them of a lowered standard of living.

So now the statists tell me liberals are smart?

Mmm, sorry liberals, I just don't see it.
You didn't have to go through the trouble of all that typing. I could sum up the economic collapse in two words, Ronald Reagan...

Old 07-29-2009, 11:51 PM

37,795 posts, read 40,994,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
The high education areas Obama carried - 78 of the 100 counties with the highest education.
McCain carried 88 of the 100 counties with the lowest education. As we move to cultural
politics, that's been the shift.
Matthews noted that during a Republican primary debate last year only three of the candidates
standing on stage raised their hands when asked if they believed in evolution: "You have a party
that doesn't believe what they were taught in high school."

Ex-GOP Rep. Tom Davis Warns Republicans: "We've Become A Rural And Southern Party" (VIDEO)
What's a high education area? Is it where people live and go to school or where they work? Because I'll put any Southern city up against Detroit and its 24% graduation rate?

Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,895 times
Quote:
Yea your right. We'd still be living in caves

Apparently you have never come in contact with someone who is a self proclaimed intellectual.

Minimal social skills, take great pains to seek out those "like them", have no tolerance for those who are "mainstream". Think communal living is a form of higher thinking and only those who have post-grad degrees and don't know what a washing machine is should be worthy of their time. Tend to gravitate around cities because big universities tend to have cities built around them...and the intellectual can never really get out of college. They are socially stunted/inept/deluded..whatever.

Even Dateline had a little bit on the students at MIT. I sat down with my BIL and SIL to watch this given we were all together and my BIL was post grad MIT. Wasn't what they thought it was going to be about. Nothing other than how socially retarded the profs at MIT realized the students were so the profs decided to run a little social experiment among the student body. They (students) failed miserably. Couldn't relate to anyone in a social enviornment.

Yeah...that's who I care about when they vote. The college kids in big cities. They can't say "hi" or hold a door open for anyone, but they've GOT A CLUE when it comes to who should run this country? Don't think so. The super smart are super socially retarted.

And if you are as clueless as you apparently are when it comes to "smart people who vote democrat"..you need to meet one who has made a life out of school. They'd sooner spit on you if you couldn't quite quote Chaucer or Vonnegut to the same "T" that they could...b/c that's "real life" to them....so they hide in libraries and become your kids profs. And they live right around they corner from their mommy (the university/college) and vote democrat b/c they are unable to fit in anywhere other than the institution that needs federal funding to keep them employed and away from mainstream America.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:57 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
You didn't have to go through the trouble of all that typing. I could sum up the economic collapse in two words, Ronald Reagan...

Hmm, not really seein' that.

The United States Misery Index By Year (http://www.miseryindex.us/customindexbymonth.asp - broken link)

Old 07-30-2009, 07:37 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,411 times
Whom, who could have predicted that a comment by a (ex) Republican Rep and a Republican Senator could be so instantly morphed by the righties into;

1. Ah, HuffPo, it's a da**ed lie!
2. Oh, there's video, well who cares what he said.
3. Smart people suck, and I know because my BIL went to MIT (perhaps the Mississippi Institute of Toejam sucking?) says so.
4. We're no worse than the other guys.

The same old diversionary tactics passed on from Atwater to Rove to the posters on here.

golfgod

Old 07-30-2009, 07:39 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
The OP, quoting the congrssman (is this is guy from VA?) wrote; "We've Become A Rural And Southern Party".

Seems like a polite way of saying, "only dumba**es vote for us any more", doesn't it?

golfgod

You'd be the expert on dumbasses so we'll take your word for it.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:59 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,411 times
Charlotte (confirming my hypotheses with additional evidence) wrote;
Quote:
You'd be the expert on dumbasses so we'll take your word for it.
Forcing me to add;

5. When nothing to say, insult the other side. Atwater to Rove to Charlotte. It doesn't roll off the tongue like "Tinker to Evers to Chance", but then "TEC" seldom fumbled it as badly as the above poster.

golfgod

Old 07-30-2009, 09:09 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Whom, who could have predicted that a comment by a (ex) Republican Rep and a Republican Senator could be so instantly morphed by the righties into;

1. Ah, HuffPo, it's a da**ed lie!
2. Oh, there's video, well who cares what he said.
3. Smart people suck, and I know because my BIL went to MIT (perhaps the Mississippi Institute of Toejam sucking?) says so.
4. We're no worse than the other guys.

The same old diversionary tactics passed on from Atwater to Rove to the posters on here.

golfgod
No one "morphed" anything. If I based my opinions on one guys views then I would think all liberals are NUTS but I know that is not the case. This thread was created to allow liberals to continue to stereotype and bash conservatives. So when we defend ourselves we get posts like yours saying we are making excuses.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:25 AM

769 posts, read 887,373 times
To the OP, I don't think the GOP has necessarily become the party of southerns and rural areas, but I think it is beginning to reflect that way! Southern/rural voters elect Republicans to be their champions of social conservacy, which help the GOP in numbers for a time. This is no longer going to work, coupled with the Progressive movement (a few Dems) the Bush hatred (most Dems) has mopped up too many voters. Then you have the social conservatives defending Bush because he shared their social goals even when he did a terrible job fiscally, which makes the GOP look even dumber.

The Republican party needs a MASSIVE reform, trimming the fat that is social conservacy and returning to what conservatives originally stood for, fiscal conservacy and small government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies