Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Language is the big one. When I see signs that are mostly in languages other than English or walk around and hear most of the people speaking languages other than English, I start to feel like I'm in a foreign country. I'm not even saying that those things are bad, but as a native-born White American, they do remind me that I am a minority in that particular area. If I were to live in an area like that, it might make me want to preserve what I see as White American culture.
It also makes it challenging to find jobs as many jobs in Southern California requires candidates to be bilingual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yeah...........we don't learn enough about the glorious achievements of white people in our schools or through the media. Whites need something to build their self-esteem.
All I've learned about were how racist white folks are. The achievements were minimized in the history classes I've had to endure.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Why can't we all just be people? Why is someone always trying to divide us or classify us?
Exactly! We all belong to the same race = HUMAN! Let's all rejoice in that and put aside all this petty race talk as it does nothing but divide us further.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:40 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Exactly! We all belong to the same race = HUMAN! Let's all rejoice in that and put aside all this petty race talk as it does nothing but divide us further.
Actually, that wouldn't work.

There are biological differences that need to be recognized to further medical research, as many of our genetics are different.

Also, this isn't Communism, so we SHOULD recognize each others differences and not be ashamed of them. Those who don't like different people can shove it.

I swear, this "Human race" idea is laughable.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:53 AM
obo

916 posts, read 986,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Glenn Beck stood up for "white people and white culture" and Foxnews stands behind them (I bet they won't fire him)
Now there's no doubt that Foxnews is the official "White pride" channel.

BTW, I'm not saying that they are racist, they are just proud

The Associated Press: Fox's Glenn Beck: President Obama is a racist

Beck made the statement during a guest appearance Tuesday on the "Fox & Friends" morning show. He said Obama has exposed himself as a person with "a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."
What exactly is wrong with a white man standing up for white people and white culture. I do since I am white. All other races do it too. So again, what is wrong with it?

Old 07-30-2009, 12:02 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
I think it's fine for whites to have their own sub-culture, though I would argue that the culture in this country is a predominantly white culture making a sub-culture unnecessary. I also think people fail for realize why black magazines, radio stations, and TV exists. For example, I subscribe to Essence magazine, which is a magazine for black women. One of the reasons for this is because the magazine gives great suggestions and recommendations for black hair. I would never find this information in magazines like Cosmo and other circulations that usually cater to white women. These resources were often created out of a need because black issues were not being addressed by the predominant media.
Black issues? Like hair? You have to be kidding! Besides the hair thing, aren't all of your issues the same as anyone elses?

Old 07-30-2009, 12:05 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Ok, I read the link that the OP provided.... I don't see how what he said = white pride (taken in the derogatory, white supremacist way).

"He said Obama has exposed himself as a person with "a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."

I don't think I've ever even heard Glenn Beck on TV or radio... but...why is this white supremacist? Lots of people think Obama is a bit of a closet racist who has long struggled to be accepted amongst his black part of his identity, while trying hard not to ingratiate himself with his white part.

BTW, Latino is not a race. Just like "American" is not a race. White latinos, black latinos, mixed latinos, Asian latinos all exist in this world, and it's high time that Americans of all races and cultures stop trying to shove anyone with a Spanish last name into the "poor oppressed minority" box!

Old 07-30-2009, 12:13 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciejj View Post
ive answered this before and ill do so again.

1st off mr princeton graduate, i aint black.

2nd, i dont buy the bs religion that the former colonialist tried to sell my ancerstors some moons ago. So that counts me off going to any church.

3rd, i ways always brought up never to take free rides, only rides i took was the ones i paid for through hard work.

Black panthers being the new supremist group??

Why?? You afraid of a competition?? When you get the minorities working in unison, is when you should be worried. In the meantime enjoy your double cheese burger, you smart guy you!! Lmao
racist alert!!! Racist alert!! Racist alert!!

Old 07-30-2009, 12:15 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Black issues? Like hair? You have to be kidding! Besides the hair thing, aren't all of your issues the same as anyone elses?

Not really.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:22 PM

507 posts, read 678,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Uh clearly you don't get it. The hair issue is actually a big deal among black women. See this thread right here on city-data: http://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...-movement.html

Also, from reading this forum, I have been under the impression that blacks have TONS of issues that need to be solved. It seems like everyday there is a new thread talking about how to "fix" black America. Now suddenly all of our issues are all the same? People need to make up their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies