Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 08:03 PM

604 posts, read 1,186,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
You're right, I have no reasons. I only argue on behalf of fairness..each individual person (both men AND women) has their own reasons for avoiding responsibility. That is not for me to decide for them.

That said, since you can judge which reasons are accepted as good and which ones are not, what are the stellar reasons for why a woman is allowed to avoid her responsibility?

Consent to childbirth is inherent with unprotected sex as well.
Just curious, for those arguing that a man has the right to NOT pay child support, how do you feel about welfare? Food stamps? Public assistance from your taxes??

Old 08-03-2009, 08:09 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Last time I checked, it took TWO to make a baby. Two people have to CHOOSE to have sex. BUT let's not forget about date rape, or stranger rape. Women have gotten pregnant when raped. Do you think they chose that?
Contraceptives fail -- no one has a choice when that happens.
Unprotected sex? He could have used a condom.

I've read several accounts here where it was written that women should be more selective about their partners....It's ok for men to boink anything that moves, but women have to scrutinize, perhaps run a credit check, blood test and have their potential partners submit 2 pages of references?

Why shouldn't the men be equally selective?

When guys try and pick up women and are shot down (woman being selective) they typically resort to grunting nasty, misogynistic name-calling.
If a woman gives the guy a green light, she's a slutwhore and he's a stud.

It's so comforting to know that women are respected equals in our society.
Did you even read my post? Or did you just read the last line and assume the rest? I never said anything about the man not having to take responsibility, If you read the post I quoted you would've understood that. Women DO have as much responsibility in the issue as men do, BUT they have more choices, IF YOU ACTUALLY READ my post you would understand that.

And why are you bringing up rape? That is comparing apples and oranges obviously. I feel like you're one of those posters that just copy/pastes the same rant in every thread.

The reality is, men are the ones that have to be more selective. Because women still have choices if they do get pregnant, men are stuck doing whatever the woman chooses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
Sounds like this woman will need a lot of help then. So you better get your checks there on time.
Thank you for proving my point, women have way too much control when they become pregnant. You guys want to scream about responsibility during sex, but afterwards the man is at the woman's mercy.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:10 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,976,319 times
Quote:
Just curious, for those arguing that a man has the right to NOT pay child support, how do you feel about welfare? Food stamps? Public assistance from your taxes??

I dislike those for the most part as well, because taxpayers didnt consent to sharing the responsibility for anyone elses child either...but I dont get overly concerned with govt programs because they are actually necessary in some extreme cases...Just as abortions are actually necessary in some exreme cases.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM

604 posts, read 1,186,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post

Thank you for proving my point, women have way too much control when they become pregnant. You guys want to scream about responsibility during sex, but afterwards the man is at the woman's mercy.
If she poked pin holes in your condom, then you got a point.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:

I dislike those for the most part as well, because taxpayers didnt consent to sharing the responsibility for anyone elses child either...but I dont get overly concerned with govt programs because they are actually necessary in some extreme cases...Just as abortions are actually necessary in some extreme cases.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreidi View Post
Scenario:
1. Condom breaks. After the insident, man tells woman to take a pill or do something about a possible pregnancy. She refuses. Man insists and tells her he can't or dont want to provide for the child. She refuses. She is pregnant and later sues for child support.

2. Couple decides to have unprotected sex. After the "insident", man tells woman to take a pill or do something about a possible pregnancy. She refuses. Man insists and tells her he can't or dont want to provide for the child. She refuses. She is pregnant and later sues for child support.

In both cases, there is mutual agreement for the sexual intercourse. In both cases the man asks the woman to prevent pregnancy. This is not even a case of abortion, since she is not pregnant at the moment of the request.

My question is why should the woman be the only one with the legal right to decide whether or not to become pregnant when both of them had the same responsability and/or fault for being in that situation?

Is it fair?

Coming from a man I say it's a woman's choice and decision what she does with her body. After the ball has been passed it's in the other players court.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:16 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I think so. I tend to see it like a landlord/tenant situation with the woman being the landlord since it's her body and having sex being like a short term lease. Once you vacate, any of the personal property or fixtures you leave behind and are unable to retrieve "accidental" or not become the landlord's responsibility and they may deal with it in whatever legal manner they choose. The moral of the story being if you really do not want or are unprepared for babies then do not have sex.
Great post!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 PM

I agree that the child becomes a female's property after conception. I also however believe that a mans money is still in his possession. A man should also have the option to decide which rights he chooses to exercise with his property/finances.

Just sayin

Old 08-03-2009, 08:34 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Did you even read my post? Or did you just read the last line and assume the rest? I never said anything about the man not having to take responsibility, If you read the post I quoted you would've understood that. Women DO have as much responsibility in the issue as men do, BUT they have more choices, IF YOU ACTUALLY READ my post you would understand that.

And why are you bringing up rape? That is comparing apples and oranges obviously. I feel like you're one of those posters that just copy/pastes the same rant in every thread.

The reality is, men are the ones that have to be more selective. Because women still have choices if they do get pregnant, men are stuck doing whatever the woman chooses.

Quote:
So if the mother CHOOSES to not get an abortion, and CHOOSES to not give the kid up for abortion, she is CHOOSING to raise a baby. Abortion and adoption may be hard choices to make, but thats because they are life changing choices. You can't say this woman didn't have every option available to her because she did, and she CHOSE to keep her baby. Just like she CHOSE to have unprotected sex.
I have quoted your post verbatim and am trying to locate where you wrote
a man has to take responsibility.

If you had reviewed what you had written, you are suggesting the choice is strictly the females -- as though the male were duped into being a sperm donor.

Sex -- the act of coitus -- whether it be consensual or forced can result in impregnation. Seeing as you're so big on the female having all the 'choice' in the matter, we have to bring everything to the table.

If men were 'stuck' doing whatever a woman chooses when they impregnate them, why do we have so many deadbeat and absentee fathers? Whose 'choice' is it that?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:43 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I have quoted your post verbatim and am trying to locate where you wrote
a man has to take responsibility.

If you had reviewed what you had written, you are suggesting the choice is strictly the females -- as though the male were duped into being a sperm donor.

Sex -- the act of coitus -- whether it be consensual or forced can result in impregnation. Seeing as you're so big on the female having all the 'choice' in the matter, we have to bring everything to the table.

If men were 'stuck' doing whatever a woman chooses when they impregnate them, why do we have so many deadbeat and absentee fathers? Whose 'choice' is it that?
Yeah you forgot the quote that my post was replying to. Go look up the word context and this will all make sense to you. Not ot mention, the part you quoted is still accurate. I never once said that a man didn't have to take responsibility. Now try to post something useful and relevant. And if you can pull it off, accurate.

Those absentee and deadbeat fathers are most likely still paying child support, or are at least court ordered to.

I love how if a woman decides she doesn't want to raise a child and gives it up for adoption its all ok, but if a man doesn't want to raise a child hes a "deadbeat dad". Nice little double standard you want us to live by.

Now regardless of anything you can possibly come up with, both the man and the woman share equal responsibility when it comes to having safe sex. But thats where the equality ends, because afterwards the woman is allowed to do whatever she pleases with no say from the man, and he has to just wait and see what she wants to do.

And you call that fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies