Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:33 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,631,511 times

Advertisements

I'm talking Obamacare here....if what he is trying to get passed is truly socialized health care, which turns into private health care no more, which turns into rationed health care....and get ready-

One of YOU get a cancer diagnosis, (and the odds are great btw, that one of or multiple of you, will actually receive that diagnosis in your future) which could be/would be treated 100%, but you're say, 65 yrs of age and the 'ones in govt' whom will be in control of deciding your fate, decide that you're too old to receive the treatment needed.

Hence, you eventually will die, way sooner and possibly years before necessary, had you rec'd this treatment that was denied to you.

Will you then admit that Obamacare is/was the 'wrong' way to go?

Your vehement denial is actually sad. For you. Think about it. YOU might well be one of the ones suffering at the hands of your 'messiah'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 05:53 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
There are a lot of "if's" before you get to the "hence"!

Old 08-01-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
chances are pretty high that one or multi of you Obama lovers will get cancer diagnosis, struck with MS, Parkinsons, dementia, Alzheimer's, need a heart surgery and so on in the next 10yrs...and at that time, I hope you're ok with what the govt will determine will be your 'fate'.

In the interview below, they talk about how there is some kind of math 'equation' that will be used to determine what or IF you get treatment for some evil disease and it will go by your birth date. Nice huh? It's also called elder euthanasia. Sick. And of course Obama and his govt allies will have their 'own' nice insurance so they won't have the same fate. Double nice huh? Double sick.

Listen to this interview, which, btw is true information, pay extra attention at around 2 minutes and on to the end:

Fred Thompson: Interviews (http://fredthompsonshow.com/premiumstream?dispid=320&headerDest=L3BnL2pzcC9tZW RpYS9mbGFzaHdlbGNvbWUuanNwP3BpZD03MzUxJnBsYXlsaXN0 PXRydWUmY2hhcnR0eXBlPWNoYXJ0JmNoYXJ0SUQ9MzIwJnBsYX lsaXN0U2l6ZT01 - broken link)

And, I do have to say, it's quite interesting how the liberal, Obama-lovers have bypassed any comment on this thread. ??

Is it hitting a nerve?

Let's just say this, I hope you love Obama enough to give your LIFE for his bill. Because the chances are high that some of you will have to do just that. (going by the very scary verbage that is contained in this bill.)

Old 08-01-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
oh, btw I only read one IF.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:35 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
I'm talking Obamacare here....if what he is trying to get passed is truly socialized health care, which turns into private health care no more, which turns into rationed health care....and get ready-

One of YOU get a cancer diagnosis, (and the odds are great btw, that one of or multiple of you, will actually receive that diagnosis in your future) which could be/would be treated 100%, but you're say, 65 yrs of age and the 'ones in govt' whom will be in control of deciding your fate, decide that you're too old to receive the treatment needed.

Hence, you eventually will die, way sooner and possibly years before necessary, had you rec'd this treatment that was denied to you.

Will you then admit that Obamacare is/was the 'wrong' way to go?

Your vehement denial is actually sad. For you. Think about it. YOU might well be one of the ones suffering at the hands of your 'messiah'.

If you are 65 and diagnosed with cancer that can be sucessfully treated and you have no other major health issues, you will get treated. On the other hand if you are 65 and you get lung cancer and you still suck 3 packs a day of cigarettes and you have a host of other smoking related illnesses, you will be made comfortable until the grim reaper comes for you. What is the problem with this approach?

Old 08-01-2009, 12:36 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,480,125 times
Quote:

And, I do have to say, it's quite interesting how the liberal, Obama-lovers have bypassed any comment on this thread. ??
No need to respond to a bunch of ASSumptions..You've quickly become
diet-sanrene. Posting ASSumptions and attempting to pass them off as fact with a rightwing link to support the nonsense..So silly.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:39 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
So are they killing off all the old people on Medicare with cancer? I didn't know that! I see them giving operations to people over 90 years old on Medicare who have no chance of recovery anyway. And that's all going to change now because Fred Thompson the actor says so. You don't even cite which "interview" you are talking about. Just link to Fred Thompson's media talk show. Well I have something for you too.

Please read this short essay by Nobel prize winning economist Paul Krugman to dispel any hysteria you may feel about healthcare reform:

Go to www.nytimes.com; go to right side menu entitled "Most Popular" and choose number 1 "Paul Krugman: Health Care Realities"

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/op...rugman.html?em

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 08-01-2009 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: Fixed link

Old 08-01-2009, 12:43 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
chances are pretty high that one or multi of you Obama lovers will get cancer diagnosis, struck with MS, Parkinsons, dementia, Alzheimer's, need a heart surgery and so on in the next 10yrs...and at that time, I hope you're ok with what the govt will determine will be your 'fate'.

In the interview below, they talk about how there is some kind of math 'equation' that will be used to determine what or IF you get treatment for some evil disease and it will go by your birth date. Nice huh? It's also called elder euthanasia. Sick. And of course Obama and his govt allies will have their 'own' nice insurance so they won't have the same fate. Double nice huh? Double sick.

Listen to this interview, which, btw is true information, pay extra attention at around 2 minutes and on to the end:

Fred Thompson: Interviews (http://fredthompsonshow.com/premiumstream?dispid=320&headerDest=L3BnL2pzcC9tZW RpYS9mbGFzaHdlbGNvbWUuanNwP3BpZD03MzUxJnBsYXlsaXN0 PXRydWUmY2hhcnR0eXBlPWNoYXJ0JmNoYXJ0SUQ9MzIwJnBsYX lsaXN0U2l6ZT01 - broken link)

Is it hitting a nerve?

Let's just say this, I hope you love Obama enough to give your LIFE for his bill. Because the chances are high that some of you will have to do just that. (going by the very scary verbage that is contained in this bill.)

This is total BS! Nothing of the sort! Page 425 of the bill is nothing new. It has been a law since 1990! Signed into under a Republican president.

http://www.dgcenter.org/acp/pdf/psda.pdf

Another thing is there will be a federal health board independent of Congress.
The role of which will be:
Quote:
"The Independent Medicare Advisory Council (IMAC) would be an independent, non-partisan body of doctors and other health experts, appointed by the President, confirmed by the Senate, and serving for five-year terms. The IMAC would issue recommendations as long as their implementation would not result in any increase in the aggregate level of net expenditures under the Medicare program; and either would improve the quality of medical care received by the program’s beneficiaries or improve Medicare’s efficiency."
Mayo Clinic warms to health care reform proposal

BTW, Fred Thompson is an idiot!

Old 08-01-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
So are they killing off all the old people on Medicare with cancer? I didn't know that! I see them giving operations to people over 90 years old on Medicare who have no chance of recovery anyway. And that's all going to change now because Fred Thompson the actor says so. You don't even cite which "interview" you are talking about. Just link to Fred Thompson's media talk show. Well I have something for you too.

Please read this short essay by Nobel prize winning economist Paul Krugman to dispel any hysteria you may feel about healthcare reform:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/op...n.html?_r=1&em
site was no good. and so you and tank are denying what page 425 says? how so? and kev makes it sound so simple. and easy. oh will u all be in for a surprise. tsk tsk tsk.

diet sanrene schmiet sanrene. so what. nanny nanny boo boo. what do they say about calling names? stick and stones......here we go again back to kindie-land.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:48 PM

I have to ask. What makes all you think that the govt will be able to successfully and efficiently run a health care system for millions/billions?

Can you say......USPS? or Medicare? or Medicaid? The epitome of inefficient!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies