Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 07:21 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yes...as opposed to obama, with his "intellect" and "words", created a disaster for himself.

Sometimes short, sweet and to the point is best, unlike obama, who takes 10 minutes to answer a basic question and who DOES NOT think before opening his pie hole.

say what lol.......that title goes to condi rice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 08:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
He spoke his mind on this issue AND indicated that he didn't have all the information yet. That removes him from criticism in my view. If he had expressed his view without that qualification, he'd have been foolish.
This is like a post from the Twilight Zone.

Where to start.....he admitted he didn't have all the facts but still went ahead and passed his judgment on the situation - pretty stupid if you ask me.

So, in your view, it is perfectly appropriate to make a determination (the cops acted stupidly) without having all the details? I have that right?

Of course, when he said he didn't have a the facts, the SMART thing to do would have been to say, "because I don't have all the facts, I'll withhold judgment". Instead, he showed us what a complete idiot he was.

The height of "stupid".

Old 08-01-2009, 08:37 PM

877 posts, read 2,768,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Wow,didn't know that. Always thought he was a sleazeball.
For many of us in New York City, it was a breath of relief that we experienced when he could not run any longer. He was a divisive, bullying, media hog without any scruples that would take credit for a changing of a light bulb in your house if he could, and I hope that he does not run for governor of the state.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:20 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is like a post from the Twilight Zone.

Where to start.....he admitted he didn't have all the facts but still went ahead and passed his judgment on the situation - pretty stupid if you ask me.

So, in your view, it is perfectly appropriate to make a determination (the cops acted stupidly) without having all the details? I have that right?

Of course, when he said he didn't have a the facts, the SMART thing to do would have been to say, "because I don't have all the facts, I'll withhold judgment". Instead, he showed us what a complete idiot he was.

The height of "stupid".
They did act stupidly, and, I may add, possibly illegally, something Rudy should know all about.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Pretty simple explanation.. The officer made contact with the caller when he arrived on scene. The caller told the officer she saw two black men on the porch.
She didn't mention anything about the color during the phone call, but did mention it when talking to the officer....
No, she didn't. She says the ONLY verbal exchange she had with Sgt. Crowley was to confirm that she was the 911 caller, period. They had no other conversation.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Who's Rudy? A guy once married to his second cousin who couldn't even get past 8 other people in the Republican primary? Oh yeah. That guy.
And, the sleazeball had that first marriage annulled (she's my cousin!!!) so that he could marry wife number 2 - the same one he cheated on for months before number 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies