Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:04 PM

555 posts, read 2,212,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I think you Republicans need to be reminded what the deal is here with the economy. For 8 years, your village idiot leader did nothing for the economy but drive it into the ground. The man inherited a SURPLUS and then took this country a few indicators away from a modern day version of the Great Depression. This is what Obama inherited, the worst economic mess since The Great Depression! So while you regressives continue to lodge meaningless criticism of Obama concerning a subject you obviously know nothing about, remember that this recovery is Obama's doing. Emerging from the Republican Dark Ages is certainly a painful process.

...and don't you forget it either.
Bush didn't come into office with a surplus. He still inherited a deficient. A terrorist attack changed priorities and Congress shares the blame of this current economy. By the way, we now have a new village idiot in the whitehouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 08:27 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Every president that is not of your losing party is a village idiot, a loser, a moron, a whatever. LOL

Old 08-02-2009, 08:35 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
Bush didn't come into office with a surplus. He still inherited a deficient. A terrorist attack changed priorities and Congress shares the blame of this current economy. By the way, we now have a new village idiot in the whitehouse.
Haha. No we don't.

If you can't see the difference in how Bush processed concepts and came to decisions and how Obama does, then I question your judgment on this issue.

Bush truly was not a very intelligent human being and subsequently had to reduce complex global situations down to black-and-white / right-or-wrong dynamics in order to process them.

Agree with Obama or not, he has demonstrated multi-fold that he is quite intelligent and processes complex information and concepts accordingly, often able to convey opposing views simultaneously and forge a solid middle ground.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:17 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama's deficit with be $9 TRILLION in 10 years.
What was he given?

Quote:
Obama will double the debt.
You mean like your hero Bush?

Quote:
Obama will lose both Afghanistan and Iraq - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Bush lost the moment he went in, and left Afghanistan for the Taliban to take over again. That's why we've upped the troops again.

Quote:
Since obama took office, 2 million jobs have been lost.
Jobs were going bye bye before he even got in office and you know it. You're being disingenuous to claim this is all his fault.

Quote:
Obama's non-stimulus is an abject failure.
Not sure how you can say that since only 10% of it has been applied. The idea is to keep us from going into the next great Depression, which in case you aren't aware...hasn't happened. I guess Bush's stimulus was a success huh?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
What was he given?
You mean you don't know?

Let's just stipulate that bush left a $1.2 trillion deficit. This year, obama's deficit will be over $2 trillion, in ten years $9 trillion.

Tell me, how can you justify your outrage at bush's trillion, yet have no problem with obama's 9 trillion?

And here I thought you obama supporters were so well-informed and knowledgeable about the issues. One can hardly blame you for closing your eyes and ears to the realities.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/100xx/doc...dentBudget.pdf

Page 14 is really good.

Quote:
The idea is to keep us from going into the next great Depression, which in case you aren't aware...hasn't happened.
Well, according to the snake oil salesman, it was intended to jolt the economy, create immediate jobs and hold UE under 8% - as you must be aware, it has done none of those things. So, obama lied.

Quote:
You mean like your hero Bush?
Oh no. Obama will do one better than that. Just look at those debt figures on page 14. He will double the debt.

Last edited by sanrene; 08-02-2009 at 10:36 PM..

Old 08-02-2009, 10:23 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
You mean you don't know?

Let's just stipulate that bush left a $1.2 trillion deficit. This year, obama's deficit will be over $2 trillion, in ten years $9 trillion.

Tell me, how can you justify your outrage at bush's trillion, yet have no problem with obama's trillion?
No actually I do know, and that's the point.....

I've never been happy with spending, but the bottom line is your hero painted America into a corner. We could do it your way and "let it all fail", but then you'd just blame it on Obama when you realized we would be in a Depression for the next decade.

The Bush administration left America with essentially two options, one is poor and the other is catastrophic. But for you to bellyache about spending after eight years of Bush is empty rhetoric, and tough to swallow. You may buy your rants, but nobody else does. You just come across as an angry hypocrite who can't admit reality.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
My business was going downhill during the last part of Clinton and I was wondering if it was going to make it thanks to his NAFTA crap.
But then along came a pro business President named Bush and my business flourish beyond any expectations.
When I sold out to a large buyer it made me realize that Bush was the one who gave me the tax cuts needed to expand and add employees to grow my business.
Thanks to Bush's policies I was able to retire 25 years earlier then my parents did.
All of the businesses I sold to for many years also flourished under Bush.

Only those who did not know how to grow a business or had the skills to make plenty of money during a great 7 year run under Bush hate him.
People seem to blame others for their mistakes and lack of skills.

Thanks to Bush I am able to do whatever I want and when I want.

Thank goodness I sold before Obama came to steal it all away from me and hand it over to those who barely could make a living during a great 7 year run of Bush.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
I've never been happy with spending, but the bottom line is your hero painted America into a corner. We could do it your way and "let it all fail", but then you'd just blame it on Obama when you realized we would be in a Depression for the next decade.

The Bush administration left America with essentially two options, one is poor and the other is catastrophic. But for you to bellyache about spending after eight years of Bush is empty rhetoric, and tough to swallow. You may buy your rants, but nobody else does. You just come across as an angry hypocrite who can't admit reality.
Let me get this straight;

We should chase a $1 trillion deficit by throwing at least $9 trillion more at it?

We should pay down the debt by doubling it?

Do I have that right?

Can you imagine, honestly, what you would be saying if a republican were doing this?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:38 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Well all I know is my economic portfolio was way better under Bush then it is right now BUT I will give Obama a year to see if his plans will work. I don't think they will but we shall see. Hell I want it to get better, I want my portfolio fat again. I voted For Bush and do not regret it for one second but to want Obama to fail econmiclly is just dumb. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
From the loks of the unemployemnt nothing much has changed other than the Bush's plan to stabalise the banks and markets.8n nafct somje areas of the country are at deporesion levels now with the biggest problem still the housing market which has not been addressed still but was the #2 priority.Obama and Geithner keep saying they have a plan but still nothign after 7 months;all goals and talk, It will strighten itself out before they come up with anyhting really.Tyhe free markets at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies