Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:05 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
willysb
Get in touch with the nearest lodge and ask.The christians who belong do not go to confession.I worked with 9 masons not one was a christian.
Not to worry, stevej, I am a Past Master of my lodge, Texas A.F. & A. M., and know all the rules, regulations and secrets.

If a Mason was not able to go to confession then it would have been an issue with his church. Of course, attending a confessional would be a matter of personal choice. I know thousands of Masons, most Christians, some Catholics (one a Priest), some Jews. There is nothing Masonic to prevent religious meetings of their choice, including a religions confessional.

Would you have a Masonic affiliation?

Would one of your legs be longer than the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 06:14 PM

880 posts, read 2,025,295 times
willyb
they NEVER heard of you

Old 08-10-2009, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,036 times
Default Background for rituals of the freemasons

Being more knowledgeable in witchcraft and the more satanic symbols I have to ask:
I have recently been more "involved" if you will with a lot of the masonic lodges and groups - and I see alot of the satanic rituals and satanic symbols that are associated with black majik is used in alot of their symbols and practices. I thought possibly it was a mistake, such as people misrepresent wican as black majic and using the pentegram as evil when in fact they use it right side up to represent the opposite of the image of the "fallen star". The star upside down represents the "Fallen Star" or Eastern Star which dates back to Egypt as Set who was evil that killed his brother. This is the same that you see in the Christian faith as Satan who "killed" his supposed "brother" Jesus. I see this most used in the Order of the Eastern Star sect. Now I do understand only 5% of the leaders follow the satanic faith, and a lot of them do follow the christian faith.. as well as other faiths that are part of the freemasons, however dating back to the beginning of the freemasons, the rituals are all satanic. I understand part of the masonic belief is to accept all religions, but can someone who is part of the freemasons please explain to me the reason behind the foundation being built on the foundation it was built on and why this is surprisingly okay with the other religions? Is it something as simple as how Christians celebrate their holidays on pagan days and many don't really just simply realize it? Or is it something more than that? Thanks!

Last edited by azc060606; 08-10-2009 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: incomplete information

Old 01-31-2010, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 925 times
I SO don't understand what in the world you are asking. First off: ...as far as "symbols of satanism," most symbols used by people called satanists (or calling themselves satanists), do not have an ancient source. Often they are created by propaganda, such as the star pointed up-side-down, or magic circles, hebrew names of spiritual entites, incense, swords, daggers, etc. These symbols do not come from any group historically labeled "satanic;" their true provenance is from Renaissance ceremonial magic, which used Old Testament sources mixed in with a very Neoplatonic philosophy concerning what the material world consists of. The symbolism from ceremonial magicians was also used by other groups, including, but not limited to, your masons. It's all very Renaissance and not very ancient. What we see around us as modern Judeo-Christain civilians is neither satanic or ancient. And I'd like to note, it was the French man Alphonse Louis (renaming himself "Eliphas Levi") who INVENTED the entire "upside down star thing" as well as the term "black magic" which is what it sounds like, a racist term to distinguish the magic performed by those in the Dark Continent of Africa, from the holy conversations of ceremonial magicians in Europe. Also, a five pointed figure techically has no "right side up," duh, it's simply a geometrical figure (i.e. check out old American flags or the crayon drawings of children attempting to draw a star). As far os you mentioning Wicca, I would suggest re-reading the only authoritative book on it's History (Triumph of the Moon), by the non-Wiccan author Ronald Hutton. If your quest is to find truly ancient Satanism, well, good luck. Even the historical worship of Set or Hades doesn't REALLY equate to "satanism" (and their cults were small). It's a rather modern invention. That aside, its worth looking into (I recommend Jeffery Burton Russell's books and Gareth Medway's Lure of the Sinister).

Old 01-31-2010, 12:22 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
masons are not allowed to go to confession therefor not many christians are masons
Protestants as a rule don't do confession.

I'm an ex-Catholic Born Again Roman Atheist and according to the Masons, since I will not lie and say that I believe in a higher power, I am not of the moral stuff the Masons want for membership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies