Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 01:09 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
that's being an accessory to a crime.

guilt by association means you're in trouble because you KNOW someone who once robbed a store. and that is exactly what people are trying to peg on obama.
yeah, I can see that argument. But if you surround yourself with Marxists and terrorists, what does that make you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 01:11 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
"Like you are thinking normally" is a personal attack.

If the plan is to deliver the papers to the classroom, it will interrupt the class.
try again, that was not a personal attack, are you going to try and serve me papers too now? Here we are talking about someone being attacked on a blog, you disagree with that assumption, but go on to say that I attacked you???? and where did it specifically say that he was going to get them delivered in the actual classroom?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:27 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,448,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

I love that Palin lawyer. That guy is getting RICH and I dont think he's ever even been to court for her yet.
Nope. This is the 4th time he's threatened to sue someone in just the past few weeks, and the 4th time he was all roar and no more.
Quote:
This is now the fourth threat on behalf of Sarah Palin, including one to AlaskaReport.com, that Van Flein has made to bloggers in Alaska in the past few weeks. None of which he has carried out.

Palin lawyer threatens to serve papers at kindergarten, then balks

Old 08-03-2009, 02:20 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,533,375 times
I believe a paper like this must be delivered directly into the person's hands. That way they cannot say they never got it. No need to do it in the classroom unless the guy hides when he isn't in class. Having him come to the office or the teachers lounge is all that needs to be done. He can get the papers when he is NOT in the classroom. Even going to his car. Easy enough. The court just needs proof he got the papers. Then is he doesn't show up they can arrest him.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:26 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,479,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Sarah Palin's lawyer threatened to serve a blogger with libel papers
at the kindergarten where he works for writing a post saying the
former Alaska governor was getting divorced.

Gryphen, who writes a blog called "The Immoral Minority,"
wrote on Saturday that "according to my source Sarah is finished
with Todd and has decided to end their marriage."

Palin Lawyer Threatens To Serve Libel Papers At Kindergarten

This is why she would NEVER be a presidential candidate, they usually don't act like this, and get into squabbles with late night TV hosts.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:45 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,097,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
try again, that was not a personal attack, are you going to try and serve me papers too now? Here we are talking about someone being attacked on a blog, you disagree with that assumption, but go on to say that I attacked you???? and where did it specifically say that he was going to get them delivered in the actual classroom?

oh no maybe you hurt their feeeelings . Haven't lefties whined for hurt feeeelings to be a crime? Pure insanity!

Have these very dangerous papers that also have the “power to take kids down†actually been served in any classroom or are all the left wingers just exercising their usual hysteria?

Old 08-03-2009, 03:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I believe a paper like this must be delivered directly into the person's hands. That way they cannot say they never got it. No need to do it in the classroom unless the guy hides when he isn't in class. Having him come to the office or the teachers lounge is all that needs to be done. He can get the papers when he is NOT in the classroom. Even going to his car. Easy enough. The court just needs proof he got the papers. Then is he doesn't show up they can arrest him.
Do you think you can leave a classroom full of 5-6 yr olds alone to go to the office to receive court papers? I don't think so!

Old 08-03-2009, 03:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,990,690 times
Quote:
Do you think you can leave a classroom full of 5-6 yr olds alone to go to the office to receive court papers? I don't think so!
Oh, so now we're all concerned about the wee little ones. How touching.

Do you really think that lame argument flies anywhere but up.......

I guess they have no other teachers/staff in the building. Poor babies.

Oh my goodness! How will he be able to walk down there and be served! I guess they'll just have to figure something out - I'm sure it has never, ever happened in the past where a teacher had to leave the classroom temporarily. How do they survive such disasters?

Old 08-03-2009, 03:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, so now we're all concerned about the wee little ones. How touching.

Do you really think that lame argument flies anywhere but up.......

I guess they have no other teachers/staff in the building. Poor babies.

Oh my goodness! How will he be able to walk down there and be served! I guess they'll just have to figure something out - I'm sure it has never, ever happened in the past where a teacher had to leave the classroom temporarily. How do they survive such disasters?
Oh, cut the sarcasm! It's not becoming. You know teachers can't leave the classroom when the kids are there. The lawyer in all probablility knows that, too, which is why s/he (can't remember now) wants to deliver them to the school.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:33 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,172,047 times
I just can't stop laughing about the "pitbull with lipstick", the "hockey mom"(like they're tough) is such a spineless cry baby....isn't illiterate and ignorant enough for a Repub candidate????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies