Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 03:44 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The Census Bureau seems to disagree with their findings....
Lets see it. Provide a link please!
As far as I know the last Census was 10 years ago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 03:45 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,249,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Greatday,
You keep mentioning the inexpensive health insurance you have which provide unlimited benefits and choices and guarantee that your premiums will remain low.
There you go again - mischarcterizing what someone said

When did I say my insurance was "inexpensive"?

When you stop misrepresenting what others say - then, we can have a conversation

Old 08-03-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
As far as I know the last Census was 10 years ago!
The Census Bureau updates information all the time.

You really should check it out - it is public information you know

Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Poppycock. It still gives insurance companies the power to deny care. They are just heck bent on letting the insurance industry run the show without any regulation.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
BTW - he ALREADY PROVIDED you with the link -

Old 08-03-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Poppycock. It still gives insurance companies the power to deny care. They are just heck bent on letting the insurance industry run the show without any regulation.
And, in your opinion, the Dem plan prohibits any denials? You really believe that?

And btw - we are not talking about a denial of "care" - we are talking about the payment for that care.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:53 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what we do, there will never be enough money to pay for the medical treatments that everyone wants.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:15 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There you go again - mischarcterizing what someone said

When did I say my insurance was "inexpensive"?

When you stop misrepresenting what others say - then, we can have a conversation
You guarantee your rates wont go up even though you have had cancer two times:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post10077591

You wrote,
Quote:
I already AM in that older group jojajn. We have already discussed the type(s) of coverage(s) I have. I have no problem with the premiums and will not.

Dropping Social Security was, imo, one of the BEST things I have EVER done, financially, in my entire life.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post10068639

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post10064444

You said your health insurance paid for,
Quote:
"Grooming included having my hair cut / styled, manicure and pedicure."
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post10064444

You said you buy your own plan (not an employer plan).\
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...cations-8.html

A quote from you:
Quote:
I have what some call a "Cadillac" plan - and it does not cost $40,000 KevK. $12,000
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...cations-4.html

So if you are so happy with it, share the insurance company's name and type of policy. Many people may be happy to have the same plan!

Old 08-03-2009, 04:16 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And, in your opinion, the Dem plan prohibits any denials? You really believe that?

And btw - we are not talking about a denial of "care" - we are talking about the payment for that care.
good on ya.

I firmly believe that the core of the healthcare issue is not being addressed at all because oh noooooooo .. we can't upset the fraglie geniuses in the insurance lobby! I like how the republican plan states that they don't want a government bureaucrat to get between you and your doctor ... well, there's already an insurance company bureaucrat between me and my doctor.

How do we pay for it ... well golly gee ... taxes ... taxes ... taxes. There I said it, I wish someone from either side would do the freaking same.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
So if you are so happy with it, share the insurance company's name and type of policy. Many people may be happy to have the same plan!
Where did I say it was inexpensive? Answer, contrary to your representation, I did not.

And regardless of my insurance company - insurance is sold state to state. That would be different if the GOP's plan were to pass.

And, my last cancer bout was 6 years ago - and my insurance has not gone up because of the cancer - it has increased but, less than 10%.

And, it is BCBS - Brokered

And, I do not have, nor can ever get Medicare. I guess that bothers you since you seem to have been making an issue of it.

Again though - when / where did I say, as you say I did, that my insurance was "inexpensive"? Or, would you like to retract your assertion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies