Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 07:06 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So we should be looking for ways to lower health care costs, not coming up with a trillion dollar government plan, that does nothing to lower costs, it just absorbs them, and the taxpayer pay them.
Yes, the health care system just like the public school system is broken. Why throw more money at something that is broken? Giving folks free medical care..how is that going to be paid? thats ridiculous. The insurance and drug industry is making money hand over fist..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 07:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
My question to you yesterday was. What percentage of american's have private insurance. Your come back more than ONCE was 90%. You could not provide the link to back that up as well as your other statistical assertions. Don't try to flip the google thing around. I searched on the data you indicated witch was WRONG
Go back and read what was said IN CONTEXT with the total discussion because it was POINTED OUT TO YOU that you took things OUT OF CONTEXT

Old 08-04-2009, 07:08 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Go searching now on your own - You said there was "nothing" on Google - you are / were wrong.

You can also search the CD Forums - as a number of people have provide links - I'm not going to do your work for you - if you want to be lazy - that is your problem - not mine.

Oh boy...I can't support the dilusional anymore....You provided bad data, bad information. I'm suppose to find something on google that don't exist.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:09 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,015,268 times
NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - Health Insurance Coverage (http://www.nchc.org/facts/coverage.shtml - broken link)

It's a site I've quoted often... and here's some information

Quote:
The percentage of people (workers and dependents) with employment-based health insurance has dropped from 70 percent in 1987 to 62 percent in 2007. This is the lowest level of employment-based insurance coverage in more than a decade.4, 5
Quote:
  • In 2005, nearly 15 percent of employees had no employer-sponsored health coverage available to them, either through their own job or through a family member.6
  • In 2007, 37 million workers were uninsured because not all businesses offer health benefits, not all workers qualify for coverage and many employees cannot afford their share of the health insurance premium even when coverage is at their fingertips.1
There is so much more information but of course I can't cut and pasted it without getting hammered by the mods. NOT ONE of those on that list..or on any link offered backed the claim that 16M are uninsured because they choose to, not because they can't afford to.

Yet on this site it talks about how inflation has risen 2.5% while health premium costs rose at a 12% rate.. Basically we are not making much more money (working families) but our health care costs have risen so much that working middle class families can no longer afford coverage. EVEN when coverage is offered by employees.. because of higher deductions from paychecks for such increased premium costs and the passing on of that to the employee by the employer.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Oh boy...I can't support the dilusional anymore....You provided bad data, bad information. I'm suppose to find something on google that don't exist.
Sorry bubba - the data is there. No bad data was provided. I suggested you look HERE on CD - for the information that MANY posters provided.

You are simply too lazy to do it.

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
You have NO PROOF.. that 16 million people chose not to have insurance.. NONE WHATSOEVER!

That is just your ASSUMPTIOn.. NOT an actual fact!
True...they could be snorting the $50,000+ up their nose...

LOL...that is a stretch even for you.

5,224 posts, read 5,015,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So we should be looking for ways to lower health care costs, not coming up with a trillion dollar government plan, that does nothing to lower costs, it just absorbs them, and the taxpayer pay them.

Actually covering the uninsured DOES help to lower costs of healthcare. Why do you think the price is so inflated? Because the unpaid bills get passed on through rising costs..

Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - Health Insurance Coverage (http://www.nchc.org/facts/coverage.shtml - broken link)
Thanks TM - I gave him/her that. Him/her does not like it

Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,880,765 times
Quote:
You asked.. so here you go.

News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News | Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/bus/stories/DN-swisshealth_07bus.ART0.State.Edition2.21730ee.html - broken link)

BTW.. that averages out .. for a family of four ..to $8,160 month vs. $12,000 average costs year here in the U.S.

Swiss Health Care System Deserves Consideration, Says Burrell « FinancialWire™ (http://www.financialwire.net/2009/07/08/swiss-health-care-system-deserves-consideration-says-burrell/ - broken link)

Take a look at Swiss health care | The Jamestown Sun | Jamestown, North Dakota

These are just three of the articles I've found for you to peruse.
Our family of two pays $170/month....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Actually covering the uninsured DOES help to lower costs of healthcare.
Those here illegally are not going to be covered under either the Democrats or GOP plan.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies