Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:15 AM

539 posts, read 700,522 times

Advertisements

When did blind faith become a virtue?
I have asked this before (http://media.www.vainformer.com/media/storage/paper1335/news/2008/04/23/SignedEditorials/From-Dream.To.Reality.The.Informer.Then.Now.And.Into.Th e.Future-3372570.shtml - broken link), and the answer is never easy. But to try to simplify it: When the Left has decided something is a fact, it becomes one. Or, in the words of Vladamir Lenin, "A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

But, true to the Left's ways, the Obama White House has refused to acknowledge that a controversy exists. Others on the Left are dismissing it as foolish because they don't believe it, and if they don't find the debate "academic" enough for their taste, it does not exist. Where have we seen this before?

It never ceases to amaze that the Left will go out of its way to forge documents about George W Bush's national guard service to "prove" that he never served, but will not even bother to make sure Obama's basic papers are in order, nor acknowledge that it is a little fishy that the documents are locked away, never to be seen again. The "birthers" are scorned and ridiculed constantly for daring to ask "Let's see some ID." (Perhaps now we know why Obama quickly sided with Professor Gates when he likewise had an issue with that request).

more at:

Obama's birth certificate: The "birthers" and the sudden hatred of transparency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 04:25 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicWings View Post
Or, in the words of Vladamir Lenin, "A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

Was it Lenin? I see some references to it but can't find anything concrete.

On the other hand:

Quote:
All this was inspired by the principle--which is quite true in itself--that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.

—Adolf Hitler , Mein Kampf

Old 08-04-2009, 04:40 AM

539 posts, read 700,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Was it Lenin? I see some references to it but can't find anything concrete.

On the other hand:
it is a logical fallacy..proof by assertion, repeated and repeated..to wear down the opponent..the..opponent gives up..then the assertion becomes fact..

It is a form of brainwashing..used buy the left..they often use talking points..

the quote is attributed to Lenin
...this fallacy is used in this forum...it is what they do best..ever wonder why Obama has so many news conferences...to repeat over and over this fallacy..

Old 08-04-2009, 06:26 AM

9,504 posts, read 9,830,587 times
I'm just tired of reading all of these posts about birthers. I just wish Obama would produce his long form BC, his school records, etc... just like other presidents have and put this to bed for good.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:35 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I just wish Obama would produce his long form BC, his school records, etc... just like other presidents have and put this to bed for good.
Amen... and I'm not even religious.

Someone on my own forum put forth the idea they are dragging it out to try and take the focus off real issues. Makes sense but I'm not saying that is the case.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:44 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,715,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I'm just tired of reading all of these posts about birthers. I just wish Obama would produce his long form BC, his school records, etc... just like other presidents have and put this to bed for good.
I agree. I voted for the guy and still support him through these trying times.....but for gods sake, I just wish he'd pony up his birth certificate for public examination and put this deal to bed.

Again, even though I voted for him I'm getting disgusted that he won't just deal with this so we can move on....enough already !

Old 08-04-2009, 07:16 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,727,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
....but for gods sake, I just wish he'd pony up his birth certificate for public examination and put this deal to bed.

Again, even though I voted for him I'm getting disgusted that he won't just deal with this so we can move on....enough already !
I guess this is like Lenin's lie that eventually becomes the truth. He HAS provided a certified copy of his birth certificate for public examination, quite some time ago. Just keep saying that he hasn't and eventually everyone will assume that he hasn't?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
When did blind faith become a virtue?
A: To the birthers, when they would believe ANYTHING that supported their cause, no matter how ridiculous.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:35 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
I agree. I voted for the guy and still support him through these trying times.....but for gods sake, I just wish he'd pony up his birth certificate for public examination and put this deal to bed.

I don't think you are being fair to Obama - he IS dealing with this. He's spent a MILLION dollars so far to suppress all of his records and keep them sealed.

That's some pretty serious "dealing".

Old 08-04-2009, 07:38 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,680,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I don't think you are being fair to Obama - he IS dealing with this. He's spent a MILLION dollars so far to suppress all of his records and keep them sealed.

That's some pretty serious "dealing".
please provide a source for this claim.

i have asked for it several times and no one has provided it.

the best i've gotten is "he's used lawyers in these cases, therefore he spent money on them".

but everyone keeps pulling out this $1 million number, or somethimes "hundreds of thousands of dollars". where do those numbers come from?

i guess he shouldn't have his lawyers respond to frivolous lawsuits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies