Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Bush and other Politicians committed Treason?
Yes 26 59.09%
No 18 40.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:45 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
PrettyHateMachine
Funny that you would want to omit the illegal war. Maybe you should have posted this thread where it belongs...in the IMMIGRATION FORUM!!
Is this not a political issue? It is my thread and I chose not to hear about what everyone thinks of the war. There are plenty of threads in regards to the war in Iraq and I chose to put this one on here because I wanted to see what people thought. There are plenty of threads that detail how people feel about the war in Iraq and that is why I chose to make it about immigration only...I'm sorry that you feel the need to point out pointless details if you want to talk about the war in Iraq go to the appropriate thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 11:56 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
Is this not a political issue? It is my thread and I chose not to hear about what everyone thinks of the war. There are plenty of threads in regards to the war in Iraq and I chose to put this one on here because I wanted to see what people thought. There are plenty of threads that detail how people feel about the war in Iraq and that is why I chose to make it about immigration only...I'm sorry that you feel the need to point out pointless details if you want to talk about the war in Iraq go to the appropriate thread.

I don't think GWB's commited treason with his immigration policy or as some would say lack of immigration policy. Like it or not I think we all must acknowledge Iraq has been a large drain away from other areas that need attention, immigration being just one.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't think GWB's commited treason with his immigration policy or as some would say lack of immigration policy. Like it or not I think we all must acknowledge Iraq has been a large drain away from other areas that need attention, immigration being just one.
I don't think Bush's policies on immigration add up to treason either. But his North American Union ideas just may pass the bar.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:19 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Your title is misleading!! Someone put this in the immigration forum!

Old 05-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Calm down and get back on topic, please.
Yac.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:56 AM

592 posts, read 2,810,226 times
Default My Websters says..

Treason is defined as Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, esp. the betrayal of one's own country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies. 2. Betrayal of confidence or trust.

Based on this definition I'd say every politician throughout History is guilty of treason in some shape or form. I don't think GWB has committed treason in the Illegal Immigration issue, I think the whole policy regarding it is flawed. Just my $.02.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:57 PM

592 posts, read 2,810,226 times
Default Sorry to kill your post Chloe

I guess nobody likes the Websters definition..sorry

Old 11-28-2007, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,634 times
Question Robertson called Democratic war criticism "treason"

Summary: Pat Robertson said that Democratic criticism of the war in Iraq "amounts to treason."

[CENTER] [/CENTER]
On the December 7 edition of Christian Broadcasting Network's The 700 Club, host Pat Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition of America, said Democratic criticism of the Iraq war "amounts to treason" and that "carping criticism ... just doesn't cut it."
From the December 7 edition of Christian Broadcasting Network's The 700 Club:
ROBERTSON: We've won the war already, and for the Democrats to say we can't win it -- what kind of a statement is that? And furthermore, one of the fundamental principles we have in America is that the president is the commander in chief of the armed forces and attempts to undermine the commander in chief during time of war amounts to treason. I know we have an opportunity to express our points of view, but there is a time when we're engaged in a combat situation that carping criticism against the commander in chief just doesn't cut it. And I think that yes, we have freedom of speech -- of course we do -- but this has gone over the top and I think the Republicans are -- well, they've taken advantage.
—S.G

references all from the following website

Media Matters - Robertson called Democratic war criticism "treason" (http://mediamatters.org/items/200512120002 - broken link)

Old 11-28-2007, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,634 times
Please type this for the reference the one on my reply didn't function properly Media Matters - Robertson called Democratic war criticism "treason" (http://mediamatters.org/items/200512120002 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies