Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 12:20 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Can you? Here is your chance...go ahead, tell us all the wonderfull things Obama has done while in office.
http://www.lawrencestevens.com/files/whining_boy.jpg (broken link)

Not again??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 12:44 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Can you? Here is your chance...go ahead, tell us all the wonderfull things Obama has done while in office.
Well, don't you know that the President can DO no right? Party affiliation doesn't matter. All they can hope to do is avoid doing wrong. Even though he hasn't pulled our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, I haven't heard of him initiating conflicts in any other region of the world--yet.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:51 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default As useless as a blind man turning around to look

Quote:
Republicans/Conservatives/Neocons/Klan/Clueless are incapable of recognizing, acknowledging, or appreciating the obvious. You didn't recognize that Bush was the village idiot and had absolutely no business in the White House and you certainly are incapable of recognizing Obama's brilliance or the effects thereof.

Attempting to explain them to you would be as useless as a blind man turning around to look.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:54 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Republicans/Conservatives/Neocons/Klan/Clueless are incapable of recognizing, acknowledging, or appreciating the obvious. You didn't recognize that Bush was the village idiot and had absolutely no business in the White House and you certainly are incapable of recognizing Obama's brilliance or the effects thereof.

Attempting to explain them to you would be as useless as a blind man turning around to look.
"Obama's brilliance" Hahahahahahahahahah..good one

Old 08-16-2009, 08:49 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
I like the Obama administrations view on foreign policy. They are trying to build allies and make friends. For someone who travels as much as I do, its important to have allies around the world. The Bush administration didnt seem to care who they pissed off and they alienated alot of allies. Obama seems to be trying to repair that.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The reality is that it wouldn't matter what he did, you would still have a problem with him because he is a Democrat so why keep up these ignorant posts. He could cure world hunger, colonize the moon and fix everything else and you and your partisan blinders and the stinging loss with Palin and McCain would still find a problem so why don't you go back to your corner and shut it. You don't contribute anything useful or worth discusion. I'm sure alot of people are grateful to NOT be you based on your posts. I personally can see you in my minds eye banging your head steadily against the same wall full of angst that Obama is in the whitehouse instead of your precious McCain or wishing we could turn back the time to the glory days of the Bush era that almost ruined this entire country.

So he has not accomplished anything himself. These are "policies" that were already in place and he has just not changed them.

Why not try a list of what he HAS DONE, not a list of what he HAS NOT DONE? So Obama should be praised for not bulldozing New York City and not flooding the Mississippi River Basin? Those are certainly things he has not done, and I am thankful for that. The list of things not performed, can be infinite and the source of never ending praise.

Do you understand that many conservatives did not like McCain or Bush and comparing Obama to them says absolutely nothing. We are not interested in whether he is better than Hitler, Roosevelt, Reagan, or Taft. We are interested in the here and now and what he is doing. Constantly comparting Obama to Bush is tiresome and is simply a means of deflecting attention from the actions of the current administration. I don't care about the Kennedy administration anymore- that was the past. Only the current administration is in power and should be responsible for thier actions and producing results. Let's see them.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:40 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Well, don't you know that the President can DO no right? Party affiliation doesn't matter. All they can hope to do is avoid doing wrong. Even though he hasn't pulled our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, I haven't heard of him initiating conflicts in any other region of the world--yet.
pakistan....

Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So he has not accomplished anything himself. These are "policies" that were already in place and he has just not changed them.

Why not try a list of what he HAS DONE, not a list of what he HAS NOT DONE? So Obama should be praised for not bulldozing New York City and not flooding the Mississippi River Basin? Those are certainly things he has not done, and I am thankful for that. The list of things not performed, can be infinite and the source of never ending praise.

Do you understand that many conservatives did not like McCain or Bush and comparing Obama to them says absolutely nothing. We are not interested in whether he is better than Hitler, Roosevelt, Reagan, or Taft. We are interested in the here and now and what he is doing. Constantly comparting Obama to Bush is tiresome and is simply a means of deflecting attention from the actions of the current administration. I don't care about the Kennedy administration anymore- that was the past. Only the current administration is in power and should be responsible for thier actions and producing results. Let's see them.
He slowed the rate of unemployment and had one of the best economical Julys in decades, many experts are saying the recession is over or ending and Obama is directly responsible. And get this, he hasn't even made it through a quarter of his first term! I don't know any president that has done that much good in that small amount of time.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
He has sucessfully divided this nation into "have" and "have not" and pitted each group against the other. He has also sucessfully removed the "bi" from bipartisian.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
He slowed the rate of unemployment and had one of the best economical Julys in decades, many experts are saying the recession is over or ending and Obama is directly responsible. And get this, he hasn't even made it through a quarter of his first term! I don't know any president that has done that much good in that small amount of time.
I have noticed though that when bad numbers come out GWB gets blamed.
So if he's now taking credit does that mean he'll step up to the plate and take the blame if bad numbers come out in the future ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies