Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
Big talk for the side without all the guns.

Keep talking. If, when, it gets to the point where bullets are flying, dip****s like you are going to **** your pants and pray to the god you don't believe in to swoop down and save your ass.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Just another reason why Independents are moving away from the Republican party. Keep it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 10:56 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The divide can be handled by giving people the choice. Those who are opposed to government run things should be let loose and be on their own. With regards to health care, they could opt out of medicare, and government should only create a public option and forget about regulating private insurance. Those who love their corporations and the corporatists, deserve to deal with that. Others who support government plan should get it.

And this should be extended to everybody, including government employees. The politicians who hate government run plans, they should leave their government plan and get private coverage, and vice versa.
Interesting that you should say this, because right now there are states in this union that are already working in their state legislatures to thwart or otherwise opt out at the state level.

(any state in the union can legally reject any mandate handed down at the federal level)

If big population states like California, New York, or Texas decide to opt out, it will mean less money for the Fed to run the plan once it's put into place.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:57 AM

709 posts, read 656,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Just another reason why Independents are moving away from the Republican party. Keep it up.
Have you heard the saying about assumptions?

Don't assume I'm a republican because I'm not a democrat. You are aware there are more than two political parties in this country, right?

Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
Have you heard the saying about assumptions?

Don't assume I'm a republican because I'm not a democrat. You are aware there are more than two political parties in this country, right?
Oh my bad. Generally crazy = Republicans, but I guess it this case it's Libertarians.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:04 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Interesting that you should say this, because right now there are states in this union that are already working in their state legislatures to thwart or otherwise opt out at the state level.

(any state in the union can legally reject any mandate handed down at the federal level)

If big population states like California, New York, or Texas decide to opt out, it will mean less money for the Fed to run the plan once it's put into place.
Then there should be a way to ensure that the states that opt out bear increasing health care costs, and provision be made for federal government to exclude medicare/medicaid plans in these states. But if even half the population that is opposing the reform actually got it...

This reminds me of the threads on secession and how some are really high on it. It actually started with Texas, but when people were polled, only 25% supported it. So, while extremists may be the most vocal of all, they are still a serious minority in this country.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:04 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
our economy has never been worse.
In the 1930s it was (we're told). Not since.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:06 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i bet they would be fine with it, as long as they aren't expected to pay for the government plan. let those in favor of the government plan pay for it!
What would you bet?

Old 08-09-2009, 11:10 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
In the 1930s it was (we're told). Not since.
just quoting our own federal reserve chairman, ben bernanke:

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke discussed the economy with average Americans on Sunday, saying the current financial crisis could be even more virulent than the Great Depression.

"A lot of things happened, a lot came together, [and] created probably the worst financial crisis, certainly since the Great Depression and possibly even including the Great Depression," Bernanke said at the start of a town-hall meeting in Kansas City.

the point is that our federal reserve will say or do ANYTHING to get more of the taxpayers' money!

Old 08-09-2009, 11:11 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Then there should be a way to ensure that the states that opt out bear increasing health care costs, and provision be made for federal government to exclude medicare/medicaid plans in these states. But if even half the population that is opposing the reform actually got it...

This reminds me of the threads on secession and how some are really high on it. It actually started with Texas, but when people were polled, only 25% supported it. So, while extremists may be the most vocal of all, they are still a serious minority in this country.
I suppose you are right.

So far, the numbers in this country are against this UHC as it is written.
The minority has been winning a lot these days ... no one wanted stimulus .. no one wanted bailouts .. and no one wants UHC ...
If this keeps up ... the measley little ole 25% that wants secession will win too.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:13 AM

709 posts, read 656,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Oh my bad. Generally crazy = Republicans, but I guess it this case it's Libertarians.
Yeah, that crazy constitution...we may as well shred the damn thing, because it's completely useless in our modern, advanced society.

Or maybe we should just ignore the parts that don't suit your agenda...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies