Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 08:44 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Hello? She sourced Wiki fer chrissake!
Exactly! Let's just hope she falls asleep.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:44 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

This health plan discriminates against many people and is not worth the paper it is written on. It will be declared unconstitutional.
Would you say the same for the VA? Medicare? Medicaid?

Old 08-10-2009, 08:46 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Exactly! Let's just hope she falls asleep.
She needs to show us the long form!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 09:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
hit and run?

Old 08-10-2009, 09:17 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

This health plan discriminates against many people and is not worth the paper it is written on. It will be declared unconstitutional.
I thought it was age discrimination and it may be, opinion-wise, but I don't think it is legal-wise. I'm not 100 percent sure but I think age discrimination from a legal standpoint only applies to employment. I could be wrong.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:34 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I thought it was age discrimination and it may be, opinion-wise, but I don't think it is legal-wise. I'm not 100 percent sure but I think age discrimination from a legal standpoint only applies to employment. I could be wrong.
So you don't think to deny the care of handicapped, aged, etc. would be denying the right to life as others have it. If a 28 year old has the right to a medical procedure then I think the elderly should have a right to that same procedure. It is discrimination in many forms and I cannot wait until the lawyers have a field day with it. Wrong is wrong and this health care package is wrong.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then why aren't the most conservative Republicans in DC, such as Sen. James Inhofe advocating abolishing Social Security and Medicare? The Supreme Court also has the power to declare those things unconstitutional, but won't do it. I wonder why?

Well, here's the problem for those that are on medicare and social security, they may experience a large blow back from their efforts to shut down another government sponsored program, because of the hypocrisy involved in it.

My guess is those that are passionate about universal health care will start to attack these government sponsored programs in a 360 degree turn, because they did not get what they wanted out of the universal health care bill.

I honestly hope that happens and they start to say we'll if we can have anything nobody will have anything. People are quite good at spitting their nose to hide their face ( or however the saying goes).

Old 08-11-2009, 09:00 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
So you don't think to deny the care of handicapped, aged, etc. would be denying the right to life as others have it. If a 28 year old has the right to a medical procedure then I think the elderly should have a right to that same procedure. It is discrimination in many forms and I cannot wait until the lawyers have a field day with it. Wrong is wrong and this health care package is wrong.
BS. Until you show me exact verbage. Besides, you don't think the system existing today doesn't discriminate? (see SLC's post a few posts above yours and answer that as well, don't ignore it).

Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This illustrates the very problem with socialized/universal health care: If you keep people alive longer, it costs more. If it costs more, it damages the economy. It's one big revolving door and further proof that 1) taxes will go up 2) healthcare will be rationed to keep costs down. Bet on it.
Instead we should depend on employer provided healthcare?

1) Deductibles keep going up, while coverage keeps going down. Lets not forget that inflation adjusted wages don't seem to be increasing much anymore.

2) Your insurance company already rations your healthcare. Bet on it.

How many companies just put an axe to their benefits once the economy started tanking? Do you really think that the next up and coming generation is going to even have an employer based healthcare option even if this bill never passes?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:32 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Instead we should depend on employer provided healthcare?

?
IMO ,no.
You should be in charge of your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies