Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 10:47 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In the wake of a brutal attack on a labor conference in Michigan Saturday night by staff of the Service Employees International Union, the California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee Monday called on SEIU President Andrew Stern to "renounce the use of violence, and stop targeting women, nurses, and working people for threats and harassment."
According to Labor Notes, "a recently retired member of United Auto Workers Local 235, Dianne Feeley, suffered a head wound after being knocked to the ground by SEIU International staff and local members. Other conference-goers-members of the Teamsters, UAW, UNITE HERE, International Longshoremen's Association, and SEIU itself-were punched, kicked, shoved, and pushed to the floor."
RNs Call On Service Employees Union (SEIU) President Stern To Renounce Violence Following Brutal Attack On Labor Event
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 10:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Why are you posting an article from Date: 15 Apr 2008 ?

Obviously, this is over by now. What is your point?

Old 08-09-2009, 10:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
With stuff like this link has in it I think that this thread will be closed by certain union members and their threats against you for posting such a lying link as they will refer to it. I guess you and I will have to lie low now hoping they don't threaten to visit us with their legal side arms aboard.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Hmmm, interesting:

"These are the same tactics that Operation Rescue used to bully and intimidate health care providers at Planned Parenthood to the point where such hatred went beyond disagreement and picketing into stalking us at home and later overt violence directed at providers like me in our own work places. As a nurse practitioner, it is unconscionable to see this level of hatred directed at a peaceable assembly of labor activists and their hosts," Lewis wrote."

Old 08-09-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why are you posting an article from Date: 15 Apr 2008 ?

Obviously, this is over by now. What is your point?
did you note the word 'history' in the title?

SEIU is currently in the spotlight for similar acts of violence, in case you haven't been watching the news lately.

Protesters demand justice for man injured at health care town hall in St. Louis - Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/1373035.html - broken link)

Old 08-09-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
With stuff like this link has in it I think that this thread will be closed by certain union members and their threats against you for posting such a lying link as they will refer to it. I guess you and I will have to lie low now hoping they don't threaten to visit us with their legal side arms aboard.
i hope they don't send their thugs after us

Old 08-09-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i hope they don't send their thugs after us
Lay off the drugs. They're making you and roysoldboy paranoid.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Lay off the drugs. They're making you and roysoldboy paranoid.
which drugs that i don't take should i continue to refrain from taking?

obama and SEIU pres. stern have a very cozy relationship. interesting, don't you think?

Quote:
The SEIU spent $60 million to help elect Obama, according to the union. Stern said the group deployed 100,000 volunteers during the campaign, including 3,000 who worked on the election full time.

Now in the White House, Obama has continued to derive political benefits from the union. It was the SEIU's health chief, Dennis Rivera, who helped bring industry to the table to start talks on a healthcare overhaul.
Obama's curiously close labor friendship - Los Angeles Times

Old 08-09-2009, 11:17 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Hmmm, interesting:

"These are the same tactics that Operation Rescue used to bully and intimidate health care providers at Planned Parenthood to the point where such hatred went beyond disagreement and picketing into stalking us at home and later overt violence directed at providers like me in our own work places. As a nurse practitioner, it is unconscionable to see this level of hatred directed at a peaceable assembly of labor activists and their hosts," Lewis wrote."

Do you understand the difference between punching, kicking, pushing, and the like compared to a group of Evangelicals standing across the street from your house quietly praying? If they do something you believe to be illegal, call the police. And NO, praying is not illegal.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Do you understand the difference between punching, kicking, pushing, and the like compared to a group of Evangelicals standing across the street from your house quietly praying? If they do something you believe to be illegal, call the police. And NO, praying is not illegal.
Uh, you didn't read the entirety of a 3-line quote?

Last edited by helenejen; 08-09-2009 at 11:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies