Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So, How's Obama's "Hope" and "Change" working out for you?
It's not enough change 9 10.71%
It's too much change 6 7.14%
He's leaving my grandchildren only change 34 40.48%
I'm happy I voted for him 20 23.81%
I'm sorry I voted for him. 7 8.33%
He's doing great!! 5 5.95%
other 3 3.57%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:57 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times

Advertisements

Clinton had a way of signing bad bills, like NAFTA and Gramm-Leach-Bliley. These were both plans that had Republican roots (the groundwork for NAFTA was laid out in Reagan's second term and continued in the G.H.W. Bush administration) and we all know who Phil Gramm is. Bubba's got no small hand in this, that's for sure. I'm not sure what all this has to do with Obama necessarily.

G.W. Bush tried to reform Freddie/Fannie but at the risk of undermining his quixotic "everyone can and should be a homeowner" initiative based on the same thinking that created the Freddie/Fannie mess to start with.

Don't get me wrong, this is a giant bipartisan failure, and if both parties ceased to exist tomorrow it'd be the best day in American history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 03:57 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,759,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
Eight years of George W. Bush was an absolute embarrassment. Beside the fact that he ruined the economy, completely dropped the ball after 9/11 by ignoring the real culprits and focused on Iraq, was paid to fly Bin Laden's family out of the country after 9/11, authorized the torture of foreign detainees, tried to change the US constitution to deny homosexuals civil-rights, ignored the residents of New Orleans for days after Katrina as they lay suffering, tried to appoint someone to the US Supreme Court who was never even a judge, etc.; he was just not presidential material. Everytime he got in front of a microphone I winced in pain while listening to him botch the English language. I feel so much more comfortable knowing that there is an intelligent, clear-thinking individual in the white house who achieved what he has through hard work and dedication; not through privilege and nepotism like George.

I agree wholeheartedly. I won't even watch the utube video of Bush because I would cringe with embarrassment and to think he is no longer in office. No wonder other countries think that we are idiots if that is the kind of representation that was put forth.

Keep up the good work Mr. President - we know it will take time but we believe that the USA will once again stand on its feet.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
stop living in the past. an A for effort and a Trophy is due here and nothing less. Havent you heard of PC. you just offended half of our population
I guess I don't understand what you mean about 'living in the past'? Is proper grammar somehow passe' now? If you were referring to my response to the person who asked the original question regarding hope and change, it was my opinion, period. I am allowed to have one of those, even if it disagrees with your opinion. I don't understand why you appear threatened by that. As far as your writing skills, the above post was better, but still needs work. Try some capital letters, possibly a complete sentence, and maybe even a question mark.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:37 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Lets see Osama declared war on us,attacks us many times under Clinton and you still blame Bush?Billy had several chances to kill or capture this clown maybe you need to layoff the kool aid?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:13 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Yes you are right about the origin of the bill,but BILLY wouldn't sign it unless there was the provision of low to moderate housing in it.This caused some banks to assume these high risk loans,part of Billys smoke and mirrors economy.Congress has much to do about our current mess by getting us into these very bad trade deals.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:20 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Agreed. Economist are now estimating that we will be out of the recession by the end of this quarter versus the early estimates of 2-3 years.

I have also seen many unemployed people I know get jobs in the last few weeks from the stimulus and more hopefull that they will be returning to work soon due to more stimulus money on the way.

According to Recovery.gov 640,329 jobs have been saved or created. That works out to be 1 in every 468 Americans and you just happen to know "many" of these people. Unless you work at an unemployment office, I highly doubt your claim is true.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:34 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
I thought by now I would be able to watch the Bush Cheyney War Crimes Trials on CSPAN

Old 11-23-2009, 12:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I thought by now I would be able to watch the Bush Cheyney War Crimes Trials on CSPAN
Why? There is no reason for any trial

Old 11-23-2009, 12:34 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
99.9% certainty Obama is going to be a 1-term president because "it's not enough change".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies