Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
why does it still matter to some people? she left politics to keep her family and herself away from the hate mongers----there are plenty of other women out there in the political limelight for insecure males and females to attack!
EXCUSE ME!

SHE, Sarah Spineless, put herself out there, her AND her baby , when she claimed Obama wanted to kill babies and have a death panel.

If you don't want her talked about TELL HER TO SHUT UP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 12:32 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,905,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I honestly believe she is successfully expanding debate on the potential issues associated with rationing healthcare, and what this will mean in terms of "winners" and "losers":
"Thank you for misleading me, Sarah"?

Expanding the discussion to include Palin's fantasies does NOT help the debate.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:49 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,238,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
"Thank you for misleading me, Sarah"?

Expanding the discussion to include Palin's fantasies does NOT help the debate.
Sure it does, Palin has stated very clearly that her comments were based on the observations made by Dr Ezekiel Emanuel, an Obama team health advisor:

Dr. Emanuel has written that some medical services should not be guaranteed to those “who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens....An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia.”

In addition, she has specifically pointed out that:

Dr. Emanuel has also advocated basing medical decisions on a system which “produces a priority curve on which individuals aged between roughly 15 and 40 years get the most chance, whereas the youngest and oldest people get chances that are attenuated.”

Now personally, I like the fact that Zeke Emanuel is an out-of-the-box thinker who likes to surface radical and new ideas. I am a true believer that these types of folks are great agents of meaningful change, that make terrific social or economic progress. However, I also believe that ideas that give folks concern should also be highlighted, and Palin has done a very good job of providing focus on a potential area of concern.

Folks in support of a national healthcare program, as championed by Obama, should welcome a focus and discussion/debate about specific areas, such as those that have been surfaced by Dr Emanuel.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Sure it does, Palin has stated very clearly that her comments were based on the observations made by Dr Ezekiel Emanuel, an Obama team health advisor:

Dr. Emanuel has written that some medical services should not be guaranteed to those “who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens....An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia.â€

In addition, she has specifically pointed out that:

Dr. Emanuel has also advocated basing medical decisions on a system which “produces a priority curve on which individuals aged between roughly 15 and 40 years get the most chance, whereas the youngest and oldest people get chances that are attenuated.â€

Now personally, I like the fact that Zeke Emanuel is an out-of-the-box thinker who likes to surface radical and new ideas. I am a true believer that these types of folks are great agents of meaningful change, that make terrific social or economic progress. However, I also believe that ideas that give folks concern should also be highlighted, and Palin has done a very good job of providing focus on a potential area of concern.

Folks in support of a national healthcare program, as championed by Obama, should welcome a focus and discussion/debate about specific areas, such as those that have been surfaced by Dr Emanuel.
Read more please.
Ezekiel Emanuel, Obama's 'Deadly Doctor,' Strikes Back - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1915835,00.html - broken link)

Old 08-13-2009, 01:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
The facts are that there are NO "death Panels' and no language that says babies will be killed in the Health care reform plan. And Sarah Spineless need attention so she told ANOTHER big whopping lie so she could hear her own lying voice and get the attention she so desperately needs. If she is anyone's political guru "screwed" would be a good word to describe them.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:32 PM

1,179 posts, read 976,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
A new CNN Poll shows that Palin's favorability rating has fallen seven percentage points since May, from 46 percent to 39 percent. Anything under the 50 percent mark is considered problematic, especially when the politician is a known quantity (only five percent of the public said they had never heard of the former governor). Fully 48 percent of those polled said they had an unfavorable impression of Palin.

Palin's Popularity Plummets, Dems Continue To Whack Away

What's the poor girl to do...
Hey, I'm sure she is popular on Facebook. That seems like a good forum for her. Before you know it, she might be posting here....

Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,238,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Read more please.
Ezekiel Emanuel, Obama's 'Deadly Doctor,' Strikes Back - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1915835,00.html - broken link)
From your own article:

This is where the criticism of Emanuel enters the picture, since he is just the sort of scientist who might be appointed to one of those panels. For decades, Emanuel has studied the ethics of medical care, especially in situations where a scarcity of resources requires hard decisions to be made.

Folks like Palin have concern about this, and rightly so. My posting clearly states the benefits I see in folks like Zeke Emanuel, so I'm far from trashing him.

However, the concern voiced by Palin is very valid.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:46 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,597,017 times
Yeah..the Dems are wackin over Palin alright... They are obsessed with our Sarah..

Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
From your own article:

This is where the criticism of Emanuel enters the picture, since he is just the sort of scientist who might be appointed to one of those panels. For decades, Emanuel has studied the ethics of medical care, especially in situations where a scarcity of resources requires hard decisions to be made.

Folks like Palin have concern about this, and rightly so. My posting clearly states the benefits I see in folks like Zeke Emanuel, so I'm far from trashing him.

However, the concern voiced by Palin is very valid.
I notice you somehow avoided CONTEXT in your quote.
This is what came right before what you quoted.
Quote:
The legislation anticipates saving hundreds of billions of dollars by reforming the health-care system itself, a process that would try to increase the efficiency of medical care by better connecting payments to health outcomes and discouraging doctors from unnecessary tests and procedures. The Obama Administration hopes that many of these reforms will be made in the coming years by independent panels of scientists, who will be appointed by the President and overseen by Congress.
And I'm sure you skipped over this too.
Quote:
The attacks on Emanuel are a reminder that there is a narrow slice of Americans who not only don't trust government, but also have come to regard it as a dark conspirator in their lives.
When I suggested reading that link, I didn't mean to skim over it to locate a sentence that could be taken out of context to support the palin delusions.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,614,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
There's actually a thread titled (All Things Palin)

So you're lucky this thread wasnt merged to begin with.
Yes, I remember that conservative Republican's attempt to control discussion in a way that suited his own political agenda by merging threads on different topics related to Palin. I had forgotten about that. Thanks for pointing it out! That was especially egregious.

Last edited by helenejen; 08-13-2009 at 02:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies