Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 05:19 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
People know the truth..they read the bills floating around congress, they see European socialized healthcare..and it is right there so dont waste your time trying to spew lies..the people know the truth now...and we will act on it accordingly...
I agree. People DO know the truth - the fact that the healthcare system in this country is broken for most. And yes, Palin shouldn't waste her time trying to spew lies. And yes, we do see universal healthcare in Europe. In fact, my two oldest sons are studying or working abroad (S. Korea and Chile) - which is NOT Europe - and YES, they do participate in universal healthcare there even though they are American citizens. And yes, we WILL act on it accordingly. We voted for CHANGE, and CHANGE, we will get. Ok.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:19 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Surprise surprise.... The truth behold.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:20 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
People know the truth..they read the bills floating around congress, they see European socialized healthcare..and it is right there so dont waste your time trying to spew lies..the people know the truth now...and we will act on it accordingly...

Not only do I not believe that any of the crazies have read the bills, I doubt that they have even been consistent voters. They read script, they are disruptive. They don't want to question or provide input, they just want to shout and grandstand. I also wonder how many of them actually have comprehensive health care benefits. They are pawns.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:24 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post

WaPo columnist Eugene Robinson, a card carrying liberal has a few observations about the whole end of life question:

Whether you call them death panels, or terminal treatment review boards or anything else. The fact of the matter is the government will, in the end, insert itself in to the doctor-patient relationship with the sole intention of keeping costs down. Even Eugene Robinson knows that. His problem is he thinks that's just fine.

washingtonpost.com
Way to utterly misrepresent what he said and what he meant.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Palin stands by 'death panel' claim on health bill

Her lies, spin, half-truth, mis-quote whatever you want to call it have been disproven, does she apologize or amend her statement?

Of course not, she gives common sense and the truth the middle finger, all to refuse admitting her lie.
So, lets see YOU disprove them then.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:30 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,625,437 times
Craig's List was recruiting supporters of the health care bill and paying $10 to $15 and hour to attend town hall meetings; I must have missed the part about they also have to attack Palin every time she is mentioned on a forum.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:33 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
instead
we got the king of fools!!
I am so proud I voted for McCain!!
Nothing like an American who wishes for the destruction of an AMerican presidency. EXACTLY why the right-wing is in the toilet. YOu guys never learn, do you?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:42 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Whether you call them death panels, or terminal treatment review boards or anything else. The fact of the matter is the government will, in the end, insert itself in to the doctor-patient relationship with the sole intention of keeping costs down. Even Eugene Robinson knows that. His problem is he thinks that's just fine.

washingtonpost.com

Oh yes, the current unfettered relationship between doctor and patient:

"But instead of having doctors working to remove her brain tumors on the day the surgery was scheduled, she sat in a San Francisco hotel room. Why? Because at the last minute, her insurance company, Blue Shield, decided it wasn't going to pay for the treatment her doctors at UCSF Medical Center had recommended."
http://cbs5.com/local/cancer.treatme...2.1007394.html (http://cbs5.com/local/cancer.treatment.denied.2.1007394.html - broken link)

Blue Shield's statement in her case:

"Blue Shield makes medical necessity decisions based on what is the most appropriate safe and effective treatment. To do that, we rely on the best evidence-based medical research available and the clinical opinion of medical experts. While we approve of gamma knife surgery when appropriate, in this case, the most appropriate treatment is whole brain radiation therapy, which we would approve for medical necessity if requested."

I hope that the insurance companies are paying you for your propaganda, at least, you shill!

Last edited by helenejen; 08-13-2009 at 05:54 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Palin stands by 'death panel' claim on health bill

Her lies, spin, half-truth, mis-quote whatever you want to call it have been disproven, does she apologize or amend her statement?

Of course not, she gives common sense and the truth the middle finger, all to refuse admitting her lie.

Please read this article carefully, stop believing lies and propaganda concearning "end of life" counseling.

Many people need this service and it's ultimately selfish and stupid to deny people these services simply to prop up a political agenda!

Palin stands by 'death panel' claim on health bill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090813/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_end_of_life - broken link)
Did you notice how she obviously FINALLY hired someone to write for her? It's full of lies, but at least her ghostwriter can write a coherent sentence.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:44 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Nothing like an American who wishes for the destruction of an AMerican presidency. EXACTLY why the right-wing is in the toilet. YOu guys never learn, do you?

good grief
I said I am proud to have voted for McCain and I can not help Obama being a fool, now where you twist that into what you just said is typical
of your bull crap.
I am a democrat that is not led around by my nose to vote for whatever hack is waddled out, but there are plenty that are which is one of the reasons we have this idoit in charge.
Now if you want to continue to support, do it, you live in a free society
at least for now, but do expect me to do the same
I did not vote for him, I do not like him, and I sure as hell do not support his loopy ideas.
Every day, I am glad my vote went to a man that I felt then and I feel now would have been a good president.
I get to have that opinion, just like you have yours.
Don't like it?? Too damn bad, get over it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies