Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:07 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman51 View Post
Thats right! Because Bush/Cheney gave it to all thier friends before Obama took office. If we as a country must go into debt to solve a problem, i think health care is a darn good reason. Beats the h*ll out of chasing ghosts in Iraq!
Boy you people are really brainwashed..oh wait a minute..that would imply that you had a brain to begin with..sorry..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Your figures are faulty. The deficit is forecast at $1.8 trillion, not $20 trillion. The debt isn't even at $20 trillion. The debt isn't even equal to GDP.

Tell me. If you make $60,000 per year, will you be able to afford a house that costs $250,000? People do it all the time. Yet, you're claiming that $60k per year isn't enough to afford a $120,000 house (your faulty figure) or even a $50,000 house (closer to actual debt).

WAKE UP! Take a math class. Take a history class.
We are spending in a deficit..fool..we have no money..forget GDP..our debt is projected with this insurance giveaway to be over 20 trillion dollars..get a clue

Old 08-14-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
LMAO! One of me? Your generation?

Talkin' 'bout my gen-er-ation...talkin' 'bout my gen-er-ation...

I'm 52. How old are you, sweetie? I'm a capitalist. What are you? A fascist? I'm independent. Are you a sheep?

Too, too funny. You got nothin'. Zip. Nada. What's it like being filled with such hatred? I'll feel sorry for you Sunday when I'm scooterin' over Sonora Pass. Good luck, sweetie. *hugs* *big KISS!*
If this isnt a good argument for rehab..I dont know what is..THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS...

Old 08-14-2009, 02:20 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
We are spending in a deficit..fool..we have no money..forget GDP..our debt is projected with this insurance giveaway to be over 20 trillion dollars..get a clue
You know that saying "You have to spend money to make money"?

Old 08-14-2009, 02:26 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Actually I think it is white guilt that makes some white people afraid of having a black president. They know how they have treated black people and they assume that all black people are just as mean and nasty as they have been. White people who haven't been guilty of being unfair and unkind toward black people aren't afraid of having a black president because they assume that just as good white people are fair to everyone so are good black people.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:30 PM

201 posts, read 240,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
We fear his ideology and intention of destroying this Country. Nothing to do with his skin color.

Exactly.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:46 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Like Limbaugh says "We are all Americans, the Democrats are obssessed with race, no such thing as hyphenated Americans". OP starts a thread entitled "I don't blame whites for being afraid of Obama". Very confusing!
little wonder you're so confused. you somehow convinced yourself the OP is a republican, rather than a race-obsessed liberal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat
yet the OP is a prime example of the hypocrisy and ignorance of your typical GOP supporter

Old 08-14-2009, 02:49 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
I'm white and Obama's color is rarely on my radar. I might see him and think, "oh, he's black" but even then, its extremely rare, because I really don't care about it.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Just think about it. Your used to whites always being in power. All of a sudden this minority comes out of nowhere and takes over a position that's always been held by a white man. Fear of the unknown. It would be like a white guy in the Sudan running for high office. I would be scared if I were black because I don't know him, he is not one of mine, so he might not have my best interests at heart.

I can understand where whites are coming from in regard to that. I would say, why in the beginning would you bother voting for him if you feel that way. 1. I would say white guilt. 2. I would say it was cool and trendy to vote for Obama to prove you arn't racist, and 3. Wanted to see how whites would react with a non-white in office, a test of the white race.
can you also explain why everyone else is afraid of obama? polls are going down every day

Old 08-14-2009, 04:19 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,676,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Just think about it. Your used to whites always being in power. All of a sudden this minority comes out of nowhere and takes over a position that's always been held by a white man. Fear of the unknown. It would be like a white guy in the Sudan running for high office. I would be scared if I were black because I don't know him, he is not one of mine, so he might not have my best interests at heart.

I can understand where whites are coming from in regard to that. I would say, why in the beginning would you bother voting for him if you feel that way. 1. I would say white guilt. 2. I would say it was cool and trendy to vote for Obama to prove you arn't racist, and 3. Wanted to see how whites would react with a non-white in office, a test of the white race.
I thought I was voting for this guy...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies