Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 04:55 PM

45 posts, read 87,084 times

Advertisements

The Coming Financial Collapse of the U.S. Government: Fed Papers Reveal What's in Store for Americans >> Four Winds 10 - fourwinds10.com

The bankruptcy of the United States government has been talked about for years by independent observers. If you've read the book, "Empire of Debt," then you know where the U.S. is headed financially. Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-16-2009 at 10:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 05:02 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Someone is selling GOLD

Old 08-16-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Someone is selling GOLD
pardon me?

Old 08-16-2009, 05:40 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times
Gold will dip to 700-800 then zoom towards 5-10K. Some days we'll see 100-150 gains several days in a row.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:02 PM

512 posts, read 862,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Gold will dip to 700-800 then zoom towards 5-10K. Some days we'll see 100-150 gains several days in a row.
Can you explain this? I'm not as versed in the fluctuation of gold as you and others are. I mean, I undstand it's fluctuation against the dollar and other currencies, but I'm not sure why you say gold will dip then zoom. Thanks!

I'd also like to know why we aren't hearing this from our conservative politians. But I'll admit, I didn't listen to Ron Paul much during the election last year. Did he run on a platform of eliminating income tax and moving more heavily toward an all encompassing sales tax? I think the idea is a good one, but I'd need to read more about it.

We all need to be more educated on fiscal cause and effect. Fiscal responsibility needs to be the conservative's Global Warming.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoT View Post
Can you explain this? I'm not as versed in the fluctuation of gold as you and others are. I mean, I undstand it's fluctuation against the dollar and other currencies, but I'm not sure why you say gold will dip then zoom. Thanks!

I'd also like to know why we aren't hearing this from our conservative politians. But I'll admit, I didn't listen to Ron Paul much during the election last year. Did he run on a platform of eliminating income tax and moving more heavily toward an all encompassing sales tax? I think the idea is a good one, but I'd need to read more about it.

We all need to be more educated on fiscal cause and effect. Fiscal responsibility needs to be the conservative's Global Warming.
you shouls visit the ron paul liberty forum. they're all about getting rid of income, property, and capital gains tax. small government libertarian types.

Grassroots Support of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:45 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
The actual paper and commentary by Anjan Thakor are quite interesting, and while alarmist in sense not nearly as he rehash posted in the OP. Both of the original papers are worth the read.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:00 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoT View Post
Can you explain this? I'm not as versed in the fluctuation of gold as you and others are. I mean, I understand it's fluctuation against the dollar and other currencies, but I'm not sure why you say gold will dip then zoom. Thanks!

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. Americans don't want to hear it, but pain is a wonderful educator. The first thing we will discover once our borrowing is done is that we don't have much of an economy outside of our own consumption. We need to export and we need to eliminate whatever prevents us from exporting. Hear that tree huggers, unions and big taxers?

Old 08-16-2009, 07:08 PM

512 posts, read 862,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep, you hit the nail on the head. Americans don't want to hear it, but pain is a wonderful educator. The first thing we will discover once our borrowing is done is that we don't have much of an economy outside of our own consumption. We need to export and we need to eliminate whatever prevents us from exporting. Hear that tree huggers, unions and big taxers?
I have less money than Gore has carbon credits, but we could start a fund. The fiscal responsibility fund.

Do we have any documentarians out there??

Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
These same hawkers were predicting doom and selling gold during the carter years. The people who bought then still haven't gotten to a break even point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies