Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:26 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
All of these things are proposals until a bill is signed. As I've stated, no matter what Obama says, it wont be enough for you. You're a card carrying member of the G NO P. You ask for how he plans to pay for it, get it and bring up something else. It's so foolish.

BULL!!!! I want reform I just want to know BEFORE it is signed not after when it is to late. I like to make sure there is water in the pool before I jump in. You can believe Obama all you want, I believe the figures and I believe a bipartisan group over Obama any day. You can not explain the cost any better then he can so you resort to name calling just like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 12:30 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
[quote=Frankie117;10369889]Actually they [illegals] will be covered, hospitals will not just turn someone away because they are an illegal immigrant. By law, emergency medical treatment cannot be denied to anyone.[quote]

If the hospital already covers them how will the addition of UHC change it? What's your point?

[quote]
Nevada is a sandy drab color in most places, and Florida is green year round. Unless both states are located in some bizarre Dr. Seuss story, they are not purple.[quote]

You must not of understood the context or this is a very corny joke.

Quote:
That is what free clinics, county hospitals, and the health department are for. However, most people prefer to pay their regular doctor as opposed to waiting in long lines, especially for non-emergencies. While most people do not take advantage of the free/low cost healthcare options already available, in a way a "universal healthcare" system has been in place for quite some time.

The general issue seems to be the fact that the middle class chooses not to take advantage of free options, for reasons unknown. If they refuse to use what is available already, what will happen if the entire system becomes government run..?
Nobody has said the entire system was going to be government run. You have to get over your paranoia. You're posing questions as if they're rhetorical facts. They aren't.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:34 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,479,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
BULL!!!! I want reform I just want to know BEFORE it is signed not after when it is to late. I like to make sure there is water in the pool before I jump in. You can believe Obama all you want, I believe the figures and I believe a bipartisan group over Obama any day. You can not explain the cost any better then he can so you resort to name calling just like him.
"Bull", nice argument ..I've explained how he has stated he will fund the program(provided a link) and your obvious anger shows that you simply don't believe Obama. I can't cure you of paranoia. If you have insurance, I suggest you seek help. You've now went to extended lengths to prove that you simply don't "trust" Obama. He can provide all the stats in the world but you just don't trust him. Admit that and move on.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:42 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
They shouldn't. Political preference has nothing to do with it. But republicans like to spout off how all of the liberals on welfare are just asking for more free stuff. This of course is baseless and ignorant, and this thread proves it. Once again I have to spell this painfully obvious point out to you CD users.
\

Actually people that want government to provide their health insurance for them are asking for free stuff. Doesn't mean they are liberal. Just means they want someone else to pay for services they want to use. This is normally considered theft.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Always blame the illegals. It takes two to tango and how many good Texans take advantage of all that cheap unquestioning labor that is willing to pick crops or use pick axes or cut grass in the sweltering heat or stifling humidity that Texas so well known. Stop illegal migration and do our own manual labor when its 99 deg. in the shade. Thats loco.
It's the governments job to keep illegals out. Not employers.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:50 PM

Nobody has said the entire system was going to be government run. You have to get over your paranoia. You're posing questions as if they're rhetorical facts. They aren't.[/quote]

Obama said on more than one occassion that he wants the entire helthcare industry run by government. He just won't say it now that he needs votes in Congress.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:54 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
Quote:
"Bull", nice argument ..I've explained how he has stated he will fund the program(provided a link) and your obvious anger shows that you simply don't believe Obama. I can't cure you of paranoia. If you have insurance, I suggest you seek help. You've now went to extended lengths to prove that you simply don't "trust" Obama. He can provide all the stats in the world but you just don't trust him. Admit that and move on.

LOL you are really sad. I love how you do not even acknowledge the CBO report. I should listen to a NYT article over the freakin committee that is there to determine this stuff. Yeah sure. I suggest you seek help because you are so far up Obama's behind you can't see anymore.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Thatis the thiong he can't acually tell nayone exactly h0ow it is funded. it changes form week to week as he changes with specail i9ntest groups lbbying. The union killed the taxing empoyer beenfits quickly. Now we see the ekderly working on teh 1.3 funding by cuttinf medicare benefits. In the end unless do a general tax I really doubt it will be sucessful which the liberals do not want. The liberals want not to pay taxes themsleves to fund their programs.Someth9ng for nothing is their motto.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Uninsured: Highest Percentage in Texas, Lowest in Mass.

"WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Higher percentages of Texas, New Mexico, and Mississippi residents are without health insurance -- roughly one in four -- than is true for any other states in the U.S. In Massachusetts, where legislation requires all residents to carry health insurance coverage or face a tax penalty, 5.5% are without insurance -- the lowest percentage in the country."
Well the Mass. number may change as they are considering dropping 30K from their rolls due to deficit problems.

In Texas we the have illegals just walking over the border to give birth nevermind the ones that live here.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:25 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
\

Actually people that want government to provide their health insurance for them are asking for free stuff. Doesn't mean they are liberal. Just means they want someone else to pay for services they want to use. This is normally considered theft.
I haven't seen anyone that is FOR healthcare reform think that it is free. I don't want anything for free, I just want to be able to afford it. I have insurance and it is paid for mainly by my employer but I also pay a share. There are also co-pays for nearly everything. While the co-pays are not expensive, they aren't free. Has anyone here said that it must be free? If so, please point it out. All the responses I have read from supporters know it is going to cost something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies